Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely (1576 Views)

Should I Relocate Or Work Remotely As A Developer? / Are You A Programmer Or App Developer Who Wish To Work Remotely For A US Company / Download Spynote RAT V6.5 And Hack Android Devices Remotely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
Try using a VPS now.... Or cheaper long term solution...

Tell your frien to buy you a cheap moderately good PC, Like an old MacBook.

Since power in Usa is 24/7

U can always Access the Pc here with TEAMVIEWER and do whatever I want to do.
(This one also has its setbacks)

Or simply get a VPS from AWS
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
segmond:

Verification has been done through zoom video call and US ID was requested for. So the identity has been established. Will you advise I continue using my dedicated US VPN ip?

With a dedicated IP, you should be good. Hope you chose an IP in the same state as your yankee contact. Just to be safe
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Try using a VPS now.... Or cheaper long term solution...

Tell your frien to buy you a cheap moderately good PC, Like an old MacBook.

Since power in Usa is 24/7

U can always Access the Pc here with TEAMVIEWER and do whatever I want to do.
(This one also has its setbacks)

Or simply get a VPS from AWS

VPS with a static IP, yes?

But yes, my first preference would be a good pc I’m OP’s US contact’s residence. You get a residential ip and with a KVM it’s almost like seating in front of the PC

1 Like

Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

been in this situation, no no they don't give a f**k if you're using aws, gcp, vpn with a usa ip; as long as they are able to establish your identity at the onset as being physically present in the states; unless the employer is too pesky and micromanaging
many people physically present in the usa still use cloud vpns
in my situation i even had to receive calls via call-forwarding, employer -> proxy -> me
and trust me it was a whole lot of lengthy calls.

What kinds of latency are you getting for these calls? I’m having to deal with calls from a San Diego VOIP server and seeing 260ms+ latency
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

VPS with a static IP, yes?

But yes, my first preference would be a good pc I’m OP’s US contact’s residence. You get a residential ip and with a KVM it’s almost like seating in front of the PC

Yes bro... OVH and Centos offers cheap VPS with static IP.

Used them for custom email marketing automation gig of recent
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What kinds of latency are you getting for these calls? I’m having to deal with calls from a San Diego VOIP server and seeing 260ms+ latency

How's the call experience? Do you notice significant delays?
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

How's the call experience? Do you notice significant delays?

Significant delays, no. And to be honest, it hasn’t affected how I work mostly. But once in a while I get one way audio, and at other times, noticeable jitters. But these are few and far in between. Just that when they do occur they can be a nuisance. I also have a VOIP app installed on my phones. On Android I will get most of my calls, but iOS can be crazy sometimes as push notifications fail to work. So unless the app (Linphone/Grandstream Wavelite) is actively open I may miss some calls. But for desktops apps (I use Microsip) I’m often good.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yes bro... OVH and Centos offers cheap VPS with static IP.

Used them for custom email marketing automation gig of recent

Thanks. I often use Hetzner for European servers or DO/Linode for US. What has your experience with OVH been like?
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Significant delays, no. And to be honest, it hasn’t affected how I work mostly. But once in a while I get one way audio, and at other times, noticeable jitters. But these are few and far in between. Just that when they do occur they can be a nuisance. I also have a VOIP app installed on my phones. On Android I will get most of my calls, but iOS can be crazy sometimes as push notifications fail to work. So unless the app (Linphone/Grandstream Wavelite) is actively open I may miss some calls. But for desktops apps (I use Microsip) I’m often good.

Not a bad experience overall if you ask me. Your latency is still within the acceptable threshold looking at the distance, that was the reason I asked for your actual experience. It's normal to have jitters once in a while and it could be from either end.
What do you use the VPS for?
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Sir with all this limitations, you still sure say make person still stay naija so. To get job is one problem, to do job, another problem to even get paid for the job done, algebraic equations.

Baba, Portugal and Romania dey there. I thought you've already moved.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Not a bad experience overall if you ask me. Your latency is still within the acceptable threshold looking at the distance, that was the reason I asked for your actual experience. It's normal to have jitters once in a while and it could be from either end.
What do you use the VPS for?

For WireGuard VPN server
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by QuoteJustOnce: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Luckily both proxy and me were both on wired solutions; so around 14ms on bad days.
Don't think i ever for once saw anything close to 30. never!
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Baba, Portugal and Romania dey there. I thought you've already moved.

I wish o. All them embassy just dey reject me back to back cry cry
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

For WireGuard VPN server

Interesting. I have used a VPN router for several years.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Are you serious? Just keep pushing.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Are you serious? Just keep pushing.

Yeah like 5 times this year o chei. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah like 5 times this year o chei. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Well, you'll get to tell the story someday.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Well, you'll get to tell the story someday.

Yeah smiley smiley
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by airsaylongcome: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Studymore123:

Interesting. I have used a VPN router for several years.

You have a custom router? pfSense or netgear? Or you running custom firmware on the generic ones available?
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You have a custom router? pfSense or netgear? Or you running custom firmware on the generic ones available?

Have used both options. But now running custom firmware on generic router.
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You actually tried?
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
DrLevi:

You actually tried?

Na setup o. I don send you message for Whatsapp
Re: Help: Employer Unable To Connect Remotely by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na setup o. I don send you message for Whatsapp

How do you mean? Reach out to me next week sir, let me see if I can assist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phonegap Issue / Learning To Code In Naijarea / m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.