Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House (1135 Views)

Peter Obi To Speaks At The Chatham House Today, Monday 16 January 2023 / Peter Obi Invited To The Chatham House On 16th January, 2023 / Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by Nwaetche(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2022
The much hyped Tinubu’s outing at the prestigious Royal Institute of International Affairs otherwise known at Chatham house was a sad day for our country.

It reminded all patriotic Nigerians and the international community why the country despite it huge potential has largely remain underdeveloped, mismanaged and poor.
Without mincing word, it was a total disgrace and our ruling party that boost of well read members as the erudite VP Osinbajo would present such a tired and spent man as their candidate who obviously have nothing left to offer. If Tinubu has ever been knowledgeable at some point in his checkered career, his age related challenges has seriously diminished his capacity and competence.

My fear is that with the ruling party’s vice-like grip on all levers of coercive power one would not be surprise if BAT ends up winning the election by hook or crook.

Looking at the session one would wonder if there is anywhere even for a small company that would permit a potential CEO undergoing an interview session to come with a retinue of future departmental managers that he intends to hire if successful to answer his interview questions. I do not think that any board or owner can tolerate that. We are talking about hiring a CEO to manage a USD 445B economy on behalf of 200m Nigerians. This is frightening! Is that how things work?

Have you ever seen anywhere in the world a presidential candidate is being asked a question and he reroute it to audience?

It was not only Tinubu that allowed himself to be ridiculed today, he disgraced a country with some of the best brain making impacts around the world. I will not be surprised if the badly damaged reputation of Nigeria sunk even deeper with this disgusting outing today.

I know many of us would not even allow our biological father to go through such shameful act and embarrassment but we are urging Tinubu along as shown today in this forum with many political jobbers and hangers on commending complete balderdash.

Tinubu was reading from a Teleprompter which I have no problems with as that helped him from indulging in his numerous gaffe.
He stayed to script but completely went off course during the Q&A session with such unorthodox and unethical approach not seen on a world stage.

He was shamelessly delegating questions to surrogates in a live Q&A sessions. What could be more shameful than that!

Dele Alake, Gbaja, Ayade, El-Rufai. Yomi Edu and even the APC woman leader were all answering questions in a Q&A session made for someone aspiring to be a president of troubled country like Nigeria.

Tinubu repeatedly termed such horrible acts "teamship" even when reprimanded by an attendee. I termed it rather a foolery of the highest order and a demonstration of dumbness cloak in the aura of self glorification.

When he was asked about youth participation and empowerment, he derisively asked the governor of Lagos state to stand up as an example of a youth he empowered to carry out his vision and the poor man obviously embarrassed but sheepishly stood up as a zombie.

For crying out aloud, any governor of a sub-national entity let alone the Governor of Lagos state should not be treated as such. He literally bullied the poor guy.

Additionally, the moderators was helping him to take notes of question even when he was pretending of marking the points.
He was exposed when he asked Gbaja to answer a "second question" and the Speaker asked him to remind him of the exact question he wanted him to answer and BAT completely went blank and had to be bailed out by the moderator.

The most annoying part was the continuous coming to the elevated rostrum by Tinubu coterie of assistants ostensibly to bring possibly answers to questions and he was still fumbling.

If Tinubu wins this election, the country is gone for good. Nigerians with hindsight would be remembering this Buhari tenure as the golden age.

As we all can see, Tinubu's campaign is been supported by rent seekers, ethnic and religious bigots with highly uneducated and ignorantly Nigerians tagging along.

Only God can intervene and help us in this impending calamity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by Hopebringer: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by SoBright101: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2022
It's actually a sad day for the oppositions.
Me as a neutral person, i like the outing.

4 Likes

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by Ofunaofu: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2022
grin
Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by novaris(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Nwaetche:
The much hyped Tinubu’s outing at the prestigious Royal Institute of International Affairs otherwise known at Chatham house was a sad day for our country.

It reminded all patriotic Nigerians and the international community why the country despite it huge potential has largely remain underdeveloped, mismanaged and poor.
Without mincing word, it was a total disgrace and our ruling party that boost of well read members as the erudite VP Osinbajo would present a tired and spent man as their candidate with obviously nothing to offer. If Tinubu has ever been knowledge his age related challenges has seriously diminished his capacity and competence.

My fear is that with the ruling party’s vice-like grip on all levers of coercive power one would not be surprise if BAT ends up winning the election by hook or crook.

Looking at the session one would wonder if there is anywhere even for a small company that would permit a potential CEO undergoing an interview session to come with a retinue of future departmental managers he intend to hire if successful to come answer his interview questions. I do not think that any board or owner can tolerate that. We are talking about hiring a CEO to manage a USD 445B economy on behalf of 200m Nigerians. This is frightening! Is that how things work?

Have you ever seen anywhere in the world a presidential candidate is being asked a question and he reroute it to audience?

It was not only Tinubu that allowed himself to be ridiculed today, he disgraced a country with some of the best brain making great impact around the world. I ill not be surprised if the badly damaged reputation of Nigeria has sunk even deeper with this disgusting outing today.

I know many of us would not even allow our biological father to go through such shameful act and embarrassment they are urging Tinubu along as shown today in this forum with many political jobbers and hangers on commending complete balderdash.

Tinubu was reading from a Teleprompter ooh which I have no problems as that helped him from indulging his numerous gaffe.
He stayed to script but completely went off course during the Q&A session with such an unorthodox and unethical approach not seen on a world stage.

He was shamelessly delegating questions to surrogates in a live Q&A sessions. What could be more shameful than that!

Dele Alake, Gbaja, Ayade, El-Rufai. Yomi Edu and even the APC woman leader were all answering questions in a Q&A session made for someone aspiring to be a president of troubled country like Nigeria.

Tinubu repeatedly termed such horrible acts "teamship" even when reprimanded by an attendee. I termed it rather than foolery of the highest order and a demonstration of dumbness cloak in the aura of self glorification.

When he was asked about youth participation and empowerment, de derisively asked the governor of Lagos state to stand up as an example of a youth he has empowered to carry out his vision and they poor man obviously embarrassed but sheepishly stood up as a zombie.
For crying out aloud, any governor of a sub-national entity let alone the Governor of Lagos state should not be treated as such. He literally bullied the poor guy.

Additionally, the moderators was helping him to take note of question even when he was pretending of marking the points.
He was expose when he asked Gbaja to answer a second question and the Speaker asked him to remind him of the question and he went blank and had to be bailed out by the moderator.

The most annoying part was the continuous coming to the elevated rostrum by Tinubu coterie of assistants ostensibly to bring possibly answers to questions and he was still fumbling.

If Tinubu wins this election, the country is gone for good. Nigerians with hindsight would be remembering this Buhari tenure as the golden age.

As we all can see, Tinubu's campaign are been supported by rent seekers, ethnic and religious bigots with highly uneducated and ignorantly Nigerians tagging along.

Only God can intervene and help us in this impending calamity.

God forbid BAT thing. affliction shall not raise up again the second time

6 Likes

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by Prokaryote: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
The future is in our hands to vote out adhoc managers and consider competency which is Obi. We just can't continue like this, time to detonate the bomb. Obi-Datti!!!

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by iSense247: 5:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
cry

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by pacesetting: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
People are talking about the future of Nigeria, yet this one is busy doing competition and opposition.
SoBright101:
It's actually a sad day for the oppositions

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by suxkill: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
SoBright101:
It's actually a sad day for the oppositions

Zombie! Zombie! Zombie!

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by SoBright101: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
Do you take me for an emotional Nigerian like you?

pacesetting:
People are talking about the future of Nigeria, yet this one is busy doing competition and opposition.
Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by SoBright101: 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
I'm not obedient neither i am a politician. My point is Tinubu is better than all the top contenders.

suxkill:

Zombie! Zombie! Zombie!

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by gaby(m): 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2022
Shameful to say the least.

The same ol shit...head or tail.

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by bushjeph: 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2022
Why cant the old man jst kpufff nw. His greed and selfishness ll jst jeopardise destiny of 200m ppl

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by youngsahito(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2022
Our destinies and children own lies in our thumbprint.

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by pacesetting: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2022
Sorry, I didn't know you're a robotic one. Emotional my foot.
SoBright101:
Do you take me for an emotional Nigerian like you?

1 Like

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by vikyno(m): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
Even if a prophet should descend from heaven to warn Nigeria of this impending calamity, some would still turn deaf ears to his warning.
Same way some of us warned against voting Buhari, they insisted to vote him even with NEPA certificate.

2 Likes

Re: A Sad Day For Nigeria At The Chatham House by aspher: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2022
SoBright101:
It's actually a sad day for the oppositions.
Me as a neutral person, i like the outing.

Lol. The masses are the opposition. Las Las, many will turn refugees in neighbouring countries. The truth doesn't hide, we only deny it's existence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Key Infrastructural Projects In 7&half Years / Afenifere General Secretary Has A Message For "Emilokan in Akure / G-5 Govs Not Supporting Tinubu – Jang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.