Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,580 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

Usain Bolt Disqualified For False Start! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Disqualified For False Start! (5493 Views)

Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Usain Bolt Beaten By Justin Gatlin In 100m Race In Rome / London 2012: Nigeria Was Disqualified In 4x400 Women's Relay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Usain Bolt Disqualified For False Start! by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
The World Athletics Championship has finished and Nigeria won no medals.

Worse still, we did not even come close to winning any medal in virtually all the competitions even the ones we have been historically strong at. Some we could not even get past semi-finals like the Men's 100m and 400m. Races we used to have about 2 Nigerians in the finals. So we did not even have a 4X100m relay team.

Yet we see other African countries doing better than us in these areas we are good at.

If we had a President like me, first thing tomorrow morning, letters/emails stamped with the President'a official stamp would have been sent to the Sports ministry and Nigerian Athletics Federation directly to the specific officials with the responsibility for our Athletics to report to Aso Rock by 8am Wednesday morning.

Before that, on Monday and Tuesday, one of the young assistants (interns) would have been given the task to compile the public funding pumped into Nigerian Athletics from the 80s till date (inflation-adjusted) and the performance we generated in those periods (medals, finals participation, exceptional circumstances to be considered e.g. we won a medal because USA dropped baton) to see the trends.

Then the people responsible will come in on Wednesday to explain to me why we did not win anything or even perform while funding has been steady, higher or not significantly lower. Between Monday and Wednesday, I would expect them to have lost a quarter of their weight and be wearing diapers because I want them to be shytting their pants. I would ensure they utilise the diaper by not evening seeing them until 10.30am (even though they were told to arrive at 8am) and they are just sitting in the corner waiting (without updates) and wondering what their fate is.

Then obviously when I finally see them, they have the task of trying to bullshit their way against someone they are not half as sharp (i.e. all of them combined) as his pinky finger and who has already got his facts and figures in place.

But we don't have people like me, we have Jonathan with the IQ of a Silverback Gorilla for the next 4 years.
Re: Usain Bolt Disqualified For False Start! by sagaponle: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^

So phocking what?

Did any one in your family compete or are they all failures like yourself

Internet gangster ode oshi!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newcastle Dumps Obafemi ! / Best African Footballers In Europe For 2010/2011 - First 11 / Who Are The Best 11 Current Soccer Players In The Game Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.