Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP (29747 Views)

Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Yakubu Dogara Receiving PDP Nomination Forms (Photo) / Yakubu Dogara Picks PDP Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Kwanza: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Dogara was received into the party during the presidential campaign by the party’s presidential candidate and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar in the nation’s commercial capital, Lagos State.

This comes 48 hours after a group led by Dogara, the Northern Leaders Consultative Forum adopted Atiku as the preferred presidential candidate for the 2023 election.

On December 2, the group consisting of Christian and Muslim religious and political leaders in the north said after evaluation of all the presidential candidates that Atiku is “the best”.

“It is evident that the All Progressives Congress (APC) is heading for implosion and extinction; hence, it cannot be the party for now and in the future, because of its rejection to embrace inclusiveness in a diverse country like Nigeria. After the 2023 elections, APC may be dead and buried as a political party,” the group said.

“While the duo (NNPP and LP) may emerge as strong contenders in the political arena in the future, from all indications, PDP appears to be the best option to adopt and support.

“All it takes is to sustain and tackle some of the problems and challenges this country faces.

“Certainly, with proper consultations and inclusive appointments, which is mindful of the federal character principle with a sincere consideration of diverse issues such as religious affiliation, geographical location, and ethnic identity, which many believe will enhance justice, fairness and equity, after a careful evaluation of all the issues highlighted above, we now recommend the adoption of the PDP to all lovers of democracy in Nigeria for the 2023 presidential election.”

But the endorsement did not go down well with Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, who also contested the May 28 PDP presidential primary election against Atiku but lost to the ex-Vice President.

Wike criticised the ex-Speaker for backing Atiku Abubakar’s presidential bid, claiming that Dogara had insisted on Nigeria’s presidential seat returning to southern Nigeria as against his most recent support for Atiku from the northern region.

“What I don’t like in life is people that don’t have character. I can’t stand it. At the appropriate time, I would challenge them to a debate. Ask Dogara: what made you leave PDP?” the governor asked on Monday.

“Dogara was to see me; unknown to me, he gave me an excuse and I was watching Dogara on TV being received by President Muhammadu Buhari that he has gone to APC. I say ‘Okay, no problem’. The same Dogara said the presidency should be zoned to southern Nigeria for there to be peace. Now, I hear about the same Dogara (backing Atiku from the north). Is that how you do things? Can’t you say something and stand by it?”

Wike’s comment was the latest in the crisis rocking the main opposition PDP since the party’s presidential primary earlier in May.
https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/05/breaking-dogara-dumps-apc-for-pdp-after-declaring-support-for-atiku/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by slivertongue: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
As expected, i knew he wasnt going to stay in APC &lose. By this time feb 2023 apc wud be half empty

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by LegendHero(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2022
Lol. This one went to join a finished party.

See Atiku campaign in Lagos today and how scanty it looks.

I love how Jagaban used silence on these guys. He never personally respond to Dogara nor Babachir.

81 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Judolisco(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
Expect more in coming days

18 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Zanotee: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
No class and no respect for you sir. You have been jumping from to and fro for your selfish interest. You are no different in the likes of FFK, SDM and other politicians.

Please shift sir.
Deejay please play me POssible by Peter Obi.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Lagosfinder(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
This man is unstable like the ocean

Today power must go to south

Tomorrow shift to let it remain in the north

36 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by inforesource: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
lol. What is the difference? Sinking ship and a sinking boat?

21 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by crackhouse(m): 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by tutudesz: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2022
Again undecided zero political ideology

8 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by yarimo(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
As long as governor bala muhammed is concerned, DOGARA has no political value in bauchi state . But why is the stadium empty i mean very very emty ?

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Ragnar91: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
lool
Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Lama70(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
He was only being clever by half, not knowing that he was dealing with people as wise as the serpent.

Himself and Saraki outsmarted the APC 2015 and went to sleep. They got the shock of their lives 2019. He hurried back again because he thought he stood a chance of becoming a running-mate to a Southern APC Presidential candidate. Ditto the former SGF, Babachir Lawal.

I knew it was a matter of time before they declared publicly. The were never in APC with any political convinction. They are like fair-weather friends. Now that reality has hit them in the face, they have gone separate ways. Babachir declared for LP a few days ago and Dogara has joined PDP again.

An average Nigerian politician is a clever fellow whose stock in trade is manipulation and ungodly, devilish and god-forsaking selfish interest.

Don't trust them more than you can throw them. They don't mean well for the citizens.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by cjudy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
grin
LegendHero:

I love how Jagaban used silence on these guys. He never personally respond to Dogara nor Babachir.

Say that without crying.

24 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by AZUH: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
Judolisco:
Expect more in coming days
Tinubu thinks Buhari will not decamp . Hausa won’t betray their own

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Honourable1901(m): 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2022
If he likes he should go to nzobu nzobu labour party, na him sabi

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by inoki247: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
lol
Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by NovoLag: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
grin

So I ask a simple question sir?

1. You left APC because they fielded a Muslim-Muslim ticket, and moved to PDP whose presidential candidate is not only a northerner, but a Fulani after 8 years of another Fulani?

PDP=APC
APC=PDP

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by IVORY2009(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
Yakubu Dagora has always been a political posititute, moving from one party to the other, its a shame to our democracy, and in Nigeria there are too much money in politics, that is why no one can question their activities.

9 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Kingpele(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
Northerners don't want to chop agbado and cassava bubulo bulawayo boblu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by kollinz1234(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
No reasonable person should be in APC.

Muslim Muslim tickets will be dealt with accordingly.

That's been said;

OBI FOR ME
OBI FOR YOU
OBI FOR ALL NAIRALANDERS including Mynd44

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by assholemods: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
LegendHero:

Are you sure of that picture? That was probably before the event started when people were just trooping in.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by AliyuMahdi9: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
Obi Thank you ohhh,

Your Presidential Candidature has changed the political Space.

Hungry Cashtivist, Shameless "Influenza", Hungry Urchins , have all been exposed.

Dogara, collect your money. Hahahahahahaha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by tiswell(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
grin
Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by olatuns2017: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by Sodegog: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
Chatham house show of shame. You want to be the president but avoiding answering questions, instead you are re-directing the answers to El-Rufai, Alake and co. Nigerians want to be governed by a person not a robot who cannot exercise independent thought in answering questions

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by frankmoney(m): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
Confused man

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by younglekky19: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Yakubu Dogara Dumps APC For PDP by 4teenblaq: 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
Last last

E don cast!

Tinubu don chop breakfast!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jigawa Government Issues 30-Day Quit Notice To Prostitutes To Vacate State / 2015: Lamido Kicks Against Jonathan’s Presidential Endorsement / Buhari, Obama, Other World Leaders In Group Pics At The Nuclear Security Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.