Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Plz Advise Me On This... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Plz Advise Me On This... (612 Views)

Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please? / Toyota Picnic Auto!! Urgent Sale @600k !! Serious Buyers Plz - / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Advise Me On This... by ajoks533: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2022
I drive a 2007 Corolla CE and use it for Uber/Bolt hustle in Abuja. I try to service my car regularly and only concentrate on Airport trips as I discovered that doing town work stresses my car alot.

I discovered that during hot seasons like now when the temperature is usually very high, my car makes noise when it's pressured to move, especially when changing gear or climbing a slope. I was concerned about this, as it has happened like this last year and now this year. It reduced as if it wasn't even there during the rainy season.
Now, a technician/Mechanic friend said it's happens because the engine gets too hot, so he connected my fan directly by using a copper wire to bridge the socket. So right now my fan comes on and remains steady when I turn on the ignition.

Plz is this a good thing to do, though I planned disconnecting once we get back to rainy season.
Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2022
ajoks533:
I drive a 2007 Corolla CE and use it for Uber/Bolt hustle in Abuja. I try to service my car regularly and only concentrate on Airport trips as I discovered that doing town work stresses my car alot.

I discovered that during hot seasons like now when the temperature is usually very high, my car makes noise when it's pressured to move, especially when changing gear or climbing a slope. I was concerned about this, as it has happened like this last year and now this year. It reduced as if it wasn't even there during the rainy season.
Now, a technician/Mechanic friend said it's happens because the engine gets too hot, so he connected my fan directly by using a copper wire to bridge the socket. So right now my fan comes on and remains steady when I turn on the ignition.

Plz is this a good thing to do, though I planned disconnecting once we get back to rainy season.

grin grin grin

Kazeem!
Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by Oyiboman69: 6:51am On Dec 06, 2022
I never buy moto
Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by Johnnyboy6757(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

grin grin grin

Kazeem!
the sounds it makes, is it from inside the engine of outside the engine?? If it's from the engine what sounds does it make, is the sound like eg as if ur knoking of as if ur trying to sharpen a blade?? Be specific of the sound. And this ur electrician connecting ur fan directly will only end up killing ur battery.. and check ur engine oil if it's too light when the engine is cold. If it is, change to a thicker one due to the change in climate.

1 Like

Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 06, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
the sounds it makes, is it from inside the engine of outside the engine?? If it's from the engine what sounds does it make, is the sound like eg as if ur knoking of as if ur trying to sharpen a blade?? Be specific of the sound. And this ur electrician connecting ur fan directly will only end up killing ur battery.. and check ur engine oil if it's too light when the engine is cold. If it is, change to a thicker one due to the change in climate.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by ajoks533: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:

You know the sound this small generator (I pass my neighbor ) the one you mix oil and fuel together...the sound it makes when the oil is not enough.
He said its due to the oil gets too hot and thereby looses viscosity.
I drove the car today and didn't notice the sound... But am not comfortable with the setup. Just want my default setup back but without this noise. I use Total Quartz 5000
Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by Johnnyboy6757(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2022
[quote author=ajoks533 post=118951671]

You know the sound this small generator (I pass my neighbor ) the one you mix oil and fuel together...the sound it makes when the oil is not enough.
He said its due to the oil gets too hot and thereby looses viscosity.
I drove the car today and didn't notice the sound... But am not comfortable with the setup. Just want my default setup back but without this noise. I use Total Quartz 5000. There are 2 places that sound can generate from, it's either from ur metals or from ur cups, and what causes this sound is when ur engine is low on oil or the oil is too light.
Re: Plz Advise Me On This... by ajoks533: 4:35am On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Johnnyboy6757 post=118957289][/quote]

I actually changed my oil last week and have driven just 1300km with it.

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean FORD TRUCK For Sale / Venza XLE 4WD 2014 Tokumbo / Colour That U Think Suites Mb 190e Most.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.