Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples (25778 Views)

UAE Relaxes Islamic Laws, Allows Alcohol, Cohabitation Of Unmarried Couples / Kenya Finally Legalises Polygamy, Criminalises Homosexuality As Kenyatta Signs L / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by fergie001: 10:07am On Dec 06, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Lol, baba, conji must surely be cured, married or not married. grin
But this law to hard ooooooo....... Chai
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by MrBONE2(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2022
fergie001:
Indonesia, the world’s third-largest democracy, cleared a sweeping overhaul of its criminal code on Tuesday, outlawing sex outside of marriage, defamation of the president and sharply expanding its laws against blasphemy.

The new rules, which also apply to foreigners in the country, have drawn criticism from human rights activists, businesspeople and students who warned of the risks posed to the L.G.B.T. community and religious minorities. Opponents also said that the rules threatened the global reputation that Indonesia, which has the world’s largest Muslim population, has built as a tolerant, widely secular nation.

Indonesian officials say upgrading the existing criminal code, which dates back to 1918 when Indonesia was a Dutch colony, was long overdue. Among the raft of new laws, penalties around consensual sex outside marriage have drawn the most criticism.
According to the new law, unmarried couples who “live together as a husband and wife” could be jailed for six months or face a maximum fine of 10 million rupiah ($710).

SOURCE
grin
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by grandstar(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2022
RichDad1:
It’s more about religion.
Fact : Do you know Indonesia is the most populous Islamic country in the world?

The law is dumb. Indonesians are quite secular. People will find ways around it but it won't be perfect.

It may also encourage the rise of homosexuality as it has done in Pakistan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by isan(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2022
Except the pope grin
Romanoff:

There is no christian that supports the LGBT.

Know this and educate yourself.
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Evilblakman2: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2022
Romanoff:

The Catholics do sha
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Offpoint1: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2022
grin They should get ready to spend 98% of their national budget on building prisons grin

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by TjOmori14: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2022
Sgeg

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Shadysen: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2022
hypocrites people full this thread
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2022
This is a business opportunity for those who can invest in intimacy gadgets and export them to that country. Don't tell me your citizens can shutdown their sexual urge just because you criminalised what they know how to do best

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Evilblakman2: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2022
Sunnyski:
This law should be enacted in Nigeria and watch how we will disobey court orders. grin grin

Even the governors and senators go disobey this law
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by TNGC: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2022
superlanny:
Lol, you can't try this shit in Nigeria, get ready to arrest 80% of our men and women. Naija wey like bleep like anything.

Now the rate of masturbation and sale of intimacy gadgets will increase in Indonesia, na who no get vaseline for house get problem, Naira Marleys "Soapy" should be trending in Indonesia at the moment.

Just look at laws being passed in this century, it will tell you how backward the nation is, nothing thought provoking, special or progressive. Developing countries will need a long time to catch up to the developed ones. Load of uninspiring fcks everywhere.

If that's what you call development, then I guess you're undeveloped also. The westerners have brain washed you, just come out and tell us you're worshipping them

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:12am On Dec 06, 2022
Hmm, the religion of piss people like to do, undo, redo and overdo everything, hopefully their economy will crash and people will stop investing there.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by motayoayinde: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2022
I LOVE ISLAM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by JasonScoolari: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2022
fergie001:

But this law to hard ooooooo....... Chai
Very hard... I know say you nor like am. grin
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Shadysen: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Romanoff:

free that aboki

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Criminalizing fornication and adultery. Sinners won't like it.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by fergie001: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Very hard... I know say you nor like am. grin
Make I sha talk true.. (whispers) I no too like am shocked
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by mejai(m): 10:17am On Dec 06, 2022
Nigerians go begin avoid Indonesiagrin

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Lukuluku69(m): 10:21am On Dec 06, 2022
Romanoff:

But Madam Ma, The Church of England allow Gays Bishop and also conduct Gay Marriages.

Are they not Christians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by JasonScoolari: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2022
fergie001:

Make I sha talk true.. (whispers) I no too like am shocked
Lol grin
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Isabi4lov: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2022
grin brostitutes won't like this , awon demanders ....
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Lukuluku69(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2022
Offpoint1:
grin They should get ready to spend 98% of their national budget on building prisons grin

They are Indonesians and not Nigerians. You will see them comply. That is not to say it will completely eradicate Sex outside marriage but you will see a drastic reduction in Co-habitting and "Free Sex" as we know it.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Angelfrost(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2022
Good for them...!

When will Nigeria actually criminalize corruption and rape??! undecided
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by eddie7: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2022
Best news in 2022

Waiting for that practice in my country especially in Abuja & Lagos

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Acesexcell(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2022
Good one
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by MadamExcellency: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2022
superlanny:
Lol, you can't try this shit in Nigeria, get ready to arrest 80% of our men and women. Naija wey like bleep like anything.

Now the rate of masturbation and sale of intimacy gadgets will increase in Indonesia, na who no get vaseline for house get problem, Naira Marleys "Soapy" should be trending in Indonesia at the moment.

Just look at laws being passed in this century, it will tell you how backward the nation is, nothing thought provoking, special or progressive. Developing countries will need a long time to catch up to the developed ones. Load of uninspiring fcks everywhere.

A law that was passed overwhelmingly by both ruling and opposition political parties is not backward. You don't dictate your way of life to others.

Polygamy is a crime in the west and should we call that backwardness?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Bluntemperor: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2022
kennethesan:
Hmmmmmn....

Receive Sense!
How do you measure Pre- Marta Sex in Indonesia of almost 280 Millions People.
A charade on display!
Very soon,Big fish will be swallowing the Smaller species because of jealous,inuendoes and acrimony against one another!
Dead on arrival laws!
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Jevica: 10:37am On Dec 06, 2022
Danisaint112:
Wow awesome. This is a welcome development. If every country would emulate this the world would be a better place and will help in curbing not just unwanted pregnancy but help identify serious men.

As a parent you can now use this to arrest that rasta boy that has been disturbing your daughter.

This would seperate players from responsible men. grin I would love it if it's introduced here in Nigeria.
We need this as it will solve alot of issues.

You must be speaking on behalf of ladies. but let me shock you, it will lead to high level of self pleasing by way of musturbation and intimacy gadgets addiction. Get that straight. Marriage is a serious commitment that must be sustain.
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by owoshuyi(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2022
Way to go. A good development
Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Farfalla(f): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2022
Curious345:
The Muslim world is taking the lead in this morality battle .

While the Christians are looking for rainbow � to wear and flaunt

I don't usually carry this LGBTQ matter for head, but I don't think Christianity encourages it either.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by superlanny(m): 10:39am On Dec 06, 2022
Madam what is my own, am i Indonesian, Lol. Of course it will be passed, its a country with a Muslim majority. Their laws their problems, quote me anywhere, this can never happen in Nigeria. Have a great day
MadamExcellency:

A law that was passed overwhelmingly by both ruling and opposition political parties is not backward. You don't dictate your way of life to others.

Polygamy is a crime in the west and should we call that backwardness?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Criminalises Pre-marital Sex, Co-habitation Of Unmarried Couples by Winters23: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Law against couples who are not married living together is fine, but outlawing sex outside of marriage is totally not cool... Marriage is not a must... Conji must be cured.

Tourist like me planning to visit the country next year will have to cancel my itinerary... Make I face where I fit shake body. grin

I feel ya bro.

Was at Mauritius last month and I had the honour of fvcking mother & daughter in an explosive 3some. Nothing can beat that!

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

North Korea Tests Nuclear Missile Capable Of Hitting Continental Areas Of USA / Viktor Sokolov Seen In Video After Ukraine Said It Killed Him / No Christmas Ceasefire - Russia Rejects Ukraine Peace Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.