Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Portuguese Press Report That CR7 Was Angry With Coach After Being Substituted - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Portuguese Press Report That CR7 Was Angry With Coach After Being Substituted (263 Views)

Thomas Müller: “Against Messi Things Always Go Well, CR7 Was Our Biggest Problem / Lionel Messi Ignored Mauricio Pochettino's Handshake After Being Substituted. / Angry Ronaldo Leaves Juve Stadium After Being Substituted In 55th Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Portuguese Press Report That CR7 Was Angry With Coach After Being Substituted by IslamIsIdiotic: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2022
Portugal boss Fernando Santos unhappy with Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction as he was substituted during World Cup loss against South Korea

Portugal manager Fernando Santos has admitted he wasn’t happy with Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to being substituted in their last group game at the World Cup.

The former Manchester United star appeared unhappy as he was taken off by Santos in the 65th minute of their eventual 2-1 loss to South Korea.

Santos spoke to the media ahead of his side’s Round of 16 tie against Switzerland on Tuesday

Portuguese media reported that Ronaldo had sworn at Santos as he was taken off, but the ex-Manchester United star denied that his feisty reaction was aimed at his boss, but rather at opposition striker South Korea’s Cho Gue-sung

Originally, Santos confirmed Ronaldo’s claim, stating he had no doubts it was aimed at Gue-sung.

Now, though, the Portugal manager has criticised the actions of his player.

"Have I seen the images when Ronaldo was subbed? Yes. Did I not like what I saw? No, I didn’t like it one bit,” Santos said on Monday.

However, the Portugal boss went on to say the issue has been squashed before their Round of 16 clash against Switzerland on Tuesday – live on talkSPORT – as his side prepare to fight for a spot in the quarter-finals.

“These matters are resolved behind closed doors,” he said. “It’s resolved. Full stop on this matter and now it’s full focus on tomorrow’s match.”

The star claimed there was no disagreement with Santos despite looking rather unimpressed by his substitution.

Asked if he could still trust his captain, Santos said: “I only decide who’s going to be the captain when I’ve reached the stadium, so I don’t know. I don’t know what the line-up will be.

“That’s what I’ve always done and that’s what I’m always going to do. But the other topic is solved. We fixed it in-house and that’s it.”

After the game when asked to clarify his angry reaction as he exited the field in his country’s final group game that saw them finish top of the group despite falling to defeat, Ronaldo revealed what Gue-sung said.

“What happened was before my substitution, the South Korea player told me to get off quickly,” Ronaldo explained.

“I told him to shut up as he doesn’t have that authority. There was no disagreement [with the coach].”

https://talksport.com/football/1267795/fernando-santos-reacts-cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-angry-substitution/
Re: Portuguese Press Report That CR7 Was Angry With Coach After Being Substituted by ipobarecriminals: 11:56am On Dec 06, 2022
sad

(1) (Reply)

Super Falcons Toni Payne performance vs Athletic Club in Spain (video) / 20,000 Odds / Manchester City Vs Wolves Live Stream How To Watch Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.