|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,991,958 members, 7,287,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 February 2023 at 04:30 PM
|Signs You Are Drifting Apart From God by topshore(f): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2022|
Scripture Texts: Revelations 3:14-16; 1 John 2:15-20; John 6:60-66; Proverbs 28:9-14
Many today are drifting apart from God day by day and this is no more news. The Bible also attests to this through the prophecy in 1 Timothy 4:1 that people will give-in to seducing spirits and depart from faith. This prophecy is being fulfilled.
However, there is danger! The Word of God to the backsliders is to "spit them out" of His mouth. I pray we will not encounter the wrath of God in Jesus name, amen.
There are signs to take note of that make you know if you're drifting or have drifted away from God. You need to be conscious of these signs because they make you lose your faith in Christ. You need to avoid them for they're dangerous.
They include but not limited to:
1. Cooling off and losing your "first-love" for Jesus as well as being lukewarm, neither cold or hot (Revelations 2; 4-5). For instance, whenever you discover that your interest in the things you were fervently doing before to serve God (evangelism, soul-winning, etc.) has waned out and you have become lukewarm, you must turn to God in prayer to recover your fire of enthusiasm, repent and return to your first love for Christ.
2. Being filled with your own way and desires (Proverbs 14:14). When you have idols in your heart, stiff-necked, stubborn, and unteachable to God's Way, Word and Instructions, you're going towards perdition and need to repent asap!
3. Losing sight of heavenly goals for temporary gains. When you take your eyes off Jesus and the vision of Heaven, you drift away from God (Proverbs 29:18; Malachi 3:14; Mathew 6:33; Hebrews 12:2). Keep your eyes and focus on the vision of heaven and keep eternity in view.
4. Quitting when the going gets tough (John 10:12-13). Heed God's Word in Mathew 24:13 that assures that those who endure to the end shall be saved. When the going gets tough, do not quit neither be discouraged. Trust God because it will end well. Remember, quitters do not win; winners do not quit!
5. Desiring worldly pleasures and riches and materialism can ship-wreck your faith and relationship with God. Lot's wife looked back and became a pillar of salt. Because of materialism and worldliness, she lost her life (Genesis 19:26). Take to God's warning in 1 John 2:15-17 and obey it: "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" Care for this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke God's Word in people's lives and they eventually lose faith and drift away from God (Mathew 13:22).
6. Not being grounded in the Word of God. If you are not grounded in God's Word, whatever anyone throws at you is what you swallow, and you'll become vulnerable. To be grounded in God's Word is to be like the house built on the rock. Despite the rain, wind and storm, it was not swept away. It stood firm. Stand firm on the Word of God!
7. Unbelieving attitude! Without faith, it is impossible to please God and have successful walk with Him. When you lack courageous trust in God and in His ability to all things, you're drifting apart from Him bit by bit. Repent and trust the God of all possibilities.
8. Hardening of your heart to the truth. The Bible says you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free. Jesus is the Truth! When you reject the Truth (Jesus Christ) people are sharing or have shared with you, you're drifting apart from God and close to darkness and falsehood. Your ears are dull to hearing and your eyes have been shut (Mathew 13:15)
9. Double-mindedness and Instability on God's Promises to you. Joshua and Caleb exercised unwavering faith and they captured, entered, dwelt and enjoyed their Promised Land. Is your heart and spirit right with God?- Psalm 78:8.
10. Refusing to receive correction (Proverbs 15:10). This is tantamount to rejecting God's instructions, His Word, His warnings and chastisement. This is dangerous and drifts you apart from God. Therefore, always have the right attitude towards corrections.
11. Failure to confess sins and problems. We are to confess our sins to one another, according to the Scripture. When sins are not confessed or forsaken, they will grow and multiply until they push the victim into the pit of backsliding and ruin.
12. Failure to respond to God's reproof. God reproofs us His children out of His love for us. He does this for our own good. But when you don't accept reproof from God with appreciation and make the necessary adjustment, this is a dangerous sign. God is not happy with the offender He reproofs but still continue in his or her wrongdoings (Proverbs 29:1).
13. When you allow bitterness to grow in your heart towards an offender, it drifts you apart from God. Bitterness is a negative emotion and shows that God is no longer occupying your heart but the devil. Bitterness is a counter-productive spirit that breeds hatred, strife, division and destroys peaceful co-existence. Avoid it! I pray that the Lord will deliver us all in Jesus mighty name, amen!
God bless you.
In case you have not given your life to Christ and you will love to do so, just say this short prayer with me:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and changed my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, and I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank you Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen!"
Ref: Mountain Top Daily Devotional, Vol 7, 2022.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83