Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari (21448 Views)

2023 Elections: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work In Nigeria – Datti Baba-Ahmed / Why ‘Muslim-Muslim’ Ticket Won’t Help Tinubu Win North – Na’ajatu Mohammed / Adamu: Why Consensus Won’t Work For Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by KEVIND: 7:13am On Dec 07, 2022
A former Deputy Governor of Sokoto State, Mukhtar Shagari, has said that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has failed Nigerians and its Muslim-Muslim ticket strategy for the 2023 general election won’t get its desired voter turnout in the northern region of the country.

“The Christians in this country, especially in the North felt slighted, they felt insulted when APC decided to go with Muslim-Muslim ticket,” he said during a live appearance on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Tuesday.

Shagari, a former Minister of Water Resources and member of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said if APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu has a Christian wife, Oluremi, it is only okay for to choose a Christian running mate and not a fellow Muslim in the person of former governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima.

He described as an insult, the same-faith ticket of the APC, adding that Nigerians and Christians will reject the ruling party in the forthcoming presidential election.

“The APC has failed Nigerians in every aspect you can think of. In every aspect you can think of, APC has failed Nigerians, particularly in the North where people are now kidnapped and ransoms have to be paid and people are now being killed. Lack of employment all over the country and so on.

“They simply think that both the Christians and the Muslims in this country are stupid. So, they decided to come out with the Muslim-Muslim ticket, thinking if they do that, everybody in the North-West, in the North-East and the rest of Nigeria will jump at it but Nigerian people are wiser, they know what they want: they want a government that will change their lives for the better,” Shagari said.

The PDP BoT member further described as disappointing, Tinubu’s outing on Monday at the Chatham House in London, the United Kingdom, saying that Nigerians want a leader who can relate with them, answer their questions and clear their doubts and not one who delegates his allies to respond to questions directed at him.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/06/apc-has-failed-northerners-muslim-muslim-ticket-wont-work-shagari/

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by SmartPolician: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2022
All these complaints are not important grin

Just use your votes to format the brains of APC members because they are all senseless people.

One thing I know for certain is that if Bola Tinubu wins this election, Christians will automatically become irrelevant in national politics because Muslim/Muslim ticket will become a norm.

187 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by AAlozie(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2022
Oga, no loud am abeg.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by diadem10: 7:33am On Dec 07, 2022
Tinubu isn't your President. It's not as if Tinubu is the President, contesting for a second term. Face the person you thought has failed. Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa.

rowland545:
if that is so....then he would have contested independently or with another party...if he doesn't want to b associated with his own party

People are individuals in a party. It's a fact that Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa. That's the fact on ground. Lagos APC hasn't failed for example. Sink that into your skull.

Meanwhile the likes of Atiku and Obi were previously in the federal administration and were both shambolic. Go face them. Tinubu was never in any federal administration.

For those asking if Peter Obi was previously in federal admin, he was. Pete Obi was in Gej federal administration. As a matter of fact, Peter Obi chaired the shambolic privatization of Nigeria's electricity discos after it was bought back from the previous shambolic privatization by Atiku. Also Peter Obi was the master planner behind Madueke's looting at the federal, as confessed by the arrested Fidelity MD Okonkwo. Tinubu was never in any federal administration.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by liveo: 7:44am On Dec 07, 2022
Make everyone rest abeg. Religious sentiment is one of Africa biggest issues. This thing is dividing us.

Olamilekan1555:

That is what you think or is it because it doesn't affect you? please tell me when they kidnap imam or a prominent Muslim leader in Nigeria? please me when unknown gun men enter mosque to kill the worshipers? cause i don't understand you few you guys ( Muslim) think everything is okay in this country cause your people are not been kill in the name of Religion, how i wish your sister is that Deborah that was kill in Kano without any justice i know that you wont been speaking like that. tell me if it is Christian- Christian ticket running in APC where they have upper hand to win the election will you vote for them as a Muslim? Please let be reasonable whenever we are making comment.
Bros I am a devoted christian. What I see is distractions from religious and tribal ends. This country should just be divided. 20 countries can be extracted from this country. Let christians be separated from Muslims and tribes from tribes. With this we will get more serious with developing out respective countries without stupid religious sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Lionstep: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2022
Ok......you people want to kill thiefnunbu before drug do the needful huh.....o ya kwanitu

11 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Dtraitor: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2022
Choose ye this day whom you will vote, as for me and my family, we are OBIdient.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by fixedhollies(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Boss, why you increase the volume? Nothing will change about Nigeria if a Bola wins this election. It will just be a continuation of Buhari Regime.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by SLOVFO(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by azpekuliar: 7:46am On Dec 07, 2022
diadem10:
Tinubu isn't your President. It's not as if Tinubu is the President, contesting for a second term. Face the person you thought has failed. Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa.

That is what we are doing by focusing on the party APC and rejecting whatsoever it represents.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Passionate888: 7:46am On Dec 07, 2022
sad
Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by ufine200(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2022
Opportunity to vote for their own person
Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by unclejb2(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2022
Tinubu is going on permanent retirement next year.

Atiku will relocate to Dubai permanently next year

Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by rowland545(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
diadem10:
if that is so....then he would have contested independently or with another party...if he doesn't want to b associated with his own party

10 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Didijiji: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
You can’t support Tinubu and don’t look stupid

Someone who can’t answer question on his own health and telling his idiotic supporters that it is teamship

Someone who mention a date of birth different from what he stated on his form

Someone who is pushed into position by bodyguards.

Nigerians arise! Those pushing for him are hawks trying to feast on our national treasury

14 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by ZombieSlayer1: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Bloc votes in the mud cry

Is this how they want to repay Tinubu after his years of shamelessly licking northern asses?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by mcmbonu: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Peter is the best man for the Job.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by falcon01: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by vhykeeytor(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
KEVIND:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/06/apc-has-failed-northerners-muslim-muslim-ticket-wont-work-shagari/
Buhari is deliberately working against APC by plundering the economy further. I can't wake up and buy fuel for #280 this morning and still queue behind a sick presidential candidate. Something must be wrong with me, I must be foolish, and never do well in life if I vote for APC.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Akinsete19(m): 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Exactly, Tinubu thought most northerners were still gullible like before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Tofax: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Tinubu & Lagos state.
Between 1999 to 2007, the star governors then were Donald Duke of Cross River, Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu, even though Ibori would be later jailed, he had more projects to himself than the so called Jagaban.

Ibori practically changed the face of his own town like what Oshiomhole and Ambode did to Iyahmo and Epe respectively. Then, Yaradua of Katsina and Markafi of Kaduna, although he struggled because of sharia and the Kaduna crisis which left a major dent on his administration.

Lagos was never celebrated in governance until Fashola became governor in 2007. I remember clearly the fight Tinubu had with Obasanjo about local government creation, that was the major reason Lagos was on the news then, apart for obvious reasons as Nigeria’s economic capital, there was nothing spectacular in Lagos governance then apart from the filths and dirts that littered the former pride of the nation.

There was nothing exciting about Tinubu’s leadership except his meticulous politics. He was a last man standing of the AD governors of the Southwest region then because Igbos helped him.

We still remember how Tinubu was changing his deputies like sidechicks. There was one Bucknor then and another Femi Pedro, they all fell out with Tinubu.

We remember clearly how Tinubu almost never wanted Fashola to complete his term but Fashola being a system man, managed to, unlike Ambode who, although being very good as a leader didn’t know how to manage power.

Tinubu, typical of most governors in his sets; 1999-2007, was mediocre like Lucky Igbinedion, Alams, Dariye etc. It is sad how people want to re-write history before our eyes.

How would someone attribute the Lagos success story to Tinubu, it is very painful to read that sometimes. Lagos was already Lagos before Tinubu was born. You can go and verify this.

You guys should show a mega project attributed to Tinubu. One he started and completed.

-King Heavenly

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Brendaniel: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2022
Chai!
Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by joyandfaith: 7:49am On Dec 07, 2022
liveo:
Make everyone rest abeg. Religious sentiment is one of Africa biggest issues. This thing is dividing us.

Religious and tribal sentiment is one of Africa biggest issues. These things are dividing us. That is reason vp and president cannot come from the same region.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Antoeni(m): 7:49am On Dec 07, 2022
At this point, I'm tired of Tinubu and his baggages. This man is a time-bomb waiting to explode on our faces if nothing is done to checkmate him.
For those rooting for this man, are you guys out of your senses?
Do you know the security and economic risk of having a President with the following baggages;
*Age unknown
*Parents unknown
*Place of birth unknown
*Childhood friends unknown
*Primary school attended unknown
*Secondary school attended unknown
*Source of wealth unknown
*etcetera
I really pray that God will not allow this calamity to be-fall us, because I don't think that Nigeria can survive a Tinubu presidency after this calamity called Buhari.

10 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by 4tomandchi: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2022
I'm not surprised that this is coming from Sokoto if you hear top leaders from the North sounding the way Shagari did just know that he is not only speaking his opinion but the general decision of the North just watch out and see.

These dose not in anyway mean Tinubu will not get votes from the North in fact he will get millions of votes but he will not win.

Mark this day.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by WonderManly(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2022
Okay now... Are you now Atikulated or what?

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Adamu0630: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2022
Atiku Abubakar the unifier with strong Agendas to restructure Nigeria.
2023 atiku is coming!

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by MrPADDY(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2022
It is obvious you need to vote wisely in the next election.

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by sotall(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2022
grin

Tinubu is a disaster waiting to happen.

All well meaning Nigerians must make sure APC is sent packing from Aso rock and Tinubu retired to Iragbaji.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Ibelearner: 7:51am On Dec 07, 2022
grin grin grin good morning my people abeg I no energy to type this morning

Tinubu na own goal grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: APC Has Failed Northerners, Muslim-Muslim Ticket Won’t Work – Shagari by Annistars: 7:52am On Dec 07, 2022
We move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: We’ll Campaign Vigorously For Buhari, Sanwo-olu, Says Ambode / Barr. Morah Greets NBA President, Akpata On His Marital Union, Wishes Him Happin / Court Orders E-Upload And Physical Pasting Of Election Results In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.