Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct (1717 Views)

Truth Or Dare Sex Video: Chrisland, The Parents Or The Girl - Who Is To Blame? / Covenant University Receives Patents For Dual Auto Engine And 7 Other Products / UI VC Laments Low Performance Among 2016/17 Session Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2022
Please guys, without any bias, say who's at fault here and who should take the blame for what happened.

I was just chilling this morning when a call came in from one of my schools and it was the director telling me that some of the children performed below expectations in my subject and all that.
She said the parents called and drew her attention to it and shes not happy. She said though some of them did well but those particular pupils didn't do well ( she later mentioned the child).

Now, this particular boy she mentioned, doesn't have a textbook. I remember asking him when he's getting one but he kept saying the Mom says she'll buy later and this is a boy I'm very fond of. So it's not as if I treat him unfairly because he doesn't have. In fact, Whenever I'm taking them, I tell him to join someone with a textbook and share.

The same parent who refused to play their part by not providing learning materials are now complaining that the child did not perform well, meanwhile others in the same class as him did excellently.

Another challenge I'm having with that school is the director always bringing Lagos state questions that are totally off the topics we've treated at the die minute and asking us to use it in the test and exams for them after we have used the international standard and scheme of work which topics are not the same to teach the pupils. And if you try to explain to her that its going to affect the pupils she won't have any of it. She'll tell you to revise the Lagos state questions with them... Like how do you revise a topic you have not taught them under a short period and expect them to perform. Children who even if you revise a topic you've taught and drilled them on, on that exam day, some will still fail. You will give some of them the answer or idea, they'll still do rubbish. Now the whole thing backfired, she's trying to shift the blames on me to which I sent her text noting all the points I made here and how they the major causes of the childrens low performance.

The general challenge I've been having with pupils performance is poor reading culture. and I've been meaning to speak on this. Students no longer read their books and parents are not doing anything in this regard.
You teach them and give homework, they'll bring it undone and when you scold the child for no doing his homework, the parents come to school to fight or complain. At home these same parents will never encourage the child to pick up their books and read. They just watch them play all through. Some will not even buy textbooks or writing materials for the children but will expect a miracle to happen. What kind of parents do we have these days?

I remember scolding a child at the beginning of the term for not doing his homework. The father came to school to fight but unfortunately for him, he didn't meet me since I'm a visiting teacher and don't go there everyday.
The director called and told me not to touch him again. I stopped asking the child why he didn't do his homework and he too stopped doing it until the end of the term and now hes among those the director complained didn't perform well. What am I suppose to do here?

One thing I've Observed in the education sector is poor reading culture and attitude to learning. Students attitude to learning is zero. You taking a class and out of the 100%, only 10% is responding. Their attention level is very very low. They are either busy thinking and doing other things or just waiting for you to finish and leave the class. Now before you tell me I dont make learning fun,/interesting for them, or carry them along, let me tell you that children no longer find learning fun no matter how fun you try to make it. And this is due to the kind of things they are exposed to out there which brings about a shift in focus. So their attention is divided in class as all they think about are those things which are not even appropriate for them. I don't even want to go into details about those things because that issue has already been over flooded.

I already made my points clear to her and why I can't be blamed for all that and out of anger told her to get another teacher. angry.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 07, 2022
Nlfpmod.. please parents need to see this so they can learn to play their own parts and continue from where the the teachers left off. The teachers can't do it all alone. It's a collective effort from both sides.

So please, help give this a wider view otherwise everyone will abandon the profession and the education standard of this country will collapse finally.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Solofresh2: 11:31am On Dec 07, 2022
The boy has the main blame.If I can guess, what that boy is not serious himself.And the parents follows because,if that boy is really serious,he should have made it a priority to his parents that he needs a textbook.The parents too are not disciplined in providing what the boy needs, rather keep on postponing it
The owner of the school has no blame because knowledge is only been impacted in your pupils through those tests so they will have an idea even though they haven't been taught.
The thing you should do is, show them the solution to the exam questions after the exam so that they can have knowledge about the questions.
You have no blame except you haven't been teaching them well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by lereinter(m): 11:48am On Dec 07, 2022
We are equally born but not equally talented

Help your child to improve
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
lereinter:

We are equally born but not equally talented

Help your child to improve

How? Should this advice be directed to me or the parents?
I have done my part as a teacher by taking them through thorough teaching and drilling with various methods, I think it's left for the parents to do their part by following up on the child with a lesson teacher and encouraging them with their homework and school assignments otherwise it's going to be very difficult especially for the average and slow learners to cope.

Also, cutting down the play time at home and engaging them with their studies most of their free time will help redirect the childs focus and build a good study and learning attitude.

Parents, don't come here with biased opinions. It's for the good of your ward. Let's work together to make them outstanding.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Mrkindness: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Let blamed the patent who ever he is and where ever he may be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Mercury12(m): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
Parents should take much of the blame...
Parents holds the keys to their kids success in everything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Margy: 2:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
see guys.. forget it...
children and phones!.. I blame parents.
when a child comes home from school, they will be allowed to press phone till bedtime. I am yet to see a parent who doesn't give their children phone...I am yet to see a parent who buys books for their children. all I hear is "I wanna pay iPad for my child"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by phemmyfour: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Please guys, without any bias, say who's at fault here and who should take the blame for what happened.

I was just chilling this morning when a call came in from one of my schools and it was the director telling me that some of the children performed below expectations in my subject and all that.
She said the parents called and drew her attention to it and shes not happy. She said though some of them did well but those particular pupils didn't do well ( she later mentioned the child).

Now, this particular boy she mentioned, doesn't have a textbook. I remember asking him when he's getting one but he kept saying the Mom says she'll buy later and this is a boy I'm very fond of. So it's not as if I treat him unfairly because he doesn't have. In fact, Whenever I'm taking them, I tell him to join someone with a textbook and share.

The same parent who refused to play their part by not providing learning materials are now complaining that the child did not perform well, meanwhile others in the same class as him did excellently.

Another challenge I'm having with that school is the director always bringing Lagos state questions that are totally off the topics we've treated at the die minute and asking us to use it in the test and exams for them after we have used the international standard and scheme of work which topics are not the same to teach the pupils. And if you try to explain to her that its going to affect the pupils she won't have any of it. She'll tell you to revise the Lagos state questions with them... Like how do you revise a topic you have not taught them under a short period and expect them to perform. Children who even if you revise a topic you've taught and drilled them on, on that exam day, some will still fail. You will give some of them the answer or idea, they'll still do rubbish. Now the whole thing backfired, she's trying to shift the blames on me to which I sent her text noting all the points I made here and how they the major causes of the childrens low performance.

The general challenge I've been having with pupils performance is poor reading culture. and I've been meaning to speak on this. Students no longer read their books and parents are not doing anything in this regard.
You teach them and give homework, they'll bring it undone and when you scold the child for no doing his homework, the parents come to school to fight or complain. At home these same parents will never encourage the child to pick up their books and read. They just watch them play all through. Some will not even buy textbooks or writing materials for the children but will expect a miracle to happen. What kind of parents do we have these days?

I remember scolding a child at the beginning of the term for not doing his homework. The father came to school to fight but unfortunately for him, he didn't meet me since I'm a visiting teacher and don't go there everyday.
The director called and told me not to touch him again. I stopped asking the child why he didn't do his homework and he too stopped doing it until the end of the term and now hes among those the director complained didn't perform well. What am I suppose to do here?

One thing I've Observed in the education sector is poor reading culture and attitude to learning. Students attitude to learning is zero. You taking a class and out of the 100%, only 10% is responding. Their attention level is very very low. They are either busy thinking and doing other things or just waiting for you to finish and leave the class. Now before you tell me I didn't make learning fun,/interesting for them, or carry them along, let me tell you that children no longer find learning fun no matter how fun you try to make it. And this is due to the kind of things they are exposed to out there which brings about a shift in focus. So their attention is divided in class as all they think about are those things which are not even appropriate for them. I don't even want to go into details about those things because that issue has already been over flooded.

I already made my points clear to her and why I can't be blamed for all that and out of anger told her to get another teacher. angry.

Another challenge I'm having with that school is the director always bringing Lagos state questions that are totally off the topics

That's where the problem is....It has nothing to do with textbooks.

As a teacher, your duty is to break down whatever is in the text book and disseminate the information to your students. Whatever standard you choose, you and your director shouldn't deviate from it when setting exams for your pupils.

2. Get teaching aids, it makes the class interesting. Make your class interactive.
It makes no sense teaching a class with only 10% giving you attention. Any topic taught without 75% feedback from your pupils should be retake

The problem:
Students
Parents,
The Director and
You
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
Another challenge I'm having with that school is the director always bringing Lagos state questions that are totally off the topics

That's where the problem is....It has nothing to do with textbooks.

As a teacher, your duty is to break down whatever is in the text book and disseminate the information to your students. Whatever standard you choose, you and your director shouldn't deviate from it when setting exams for your pupils.

2. Get teaching aids, it makes the class interesting. Make your class interactive.
It makes no sense teaching a class with only 10% giving you attention. Any topic taught without 75% feedback from your pupils should be retake

The problem:
Students
Parents,
The Director and
You

Ok.
Though why I made reference to the text book was because it was from there I set the test questions during the midterm test and he still didn't do well which also affected his overall performance. The textbook doubles as a workbook too. So not having a text book for continuity is a factor.

Thanks.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
Margy:
see guys.. forget it...
children and phones!.. I blame parents.
when a child comes home from school, they will be allowed to press phone till bedtime. I am yet to see a parent who doesn't give their children phone...I am yet to see a parent who buys books for their children. all I hear is "I wanna pay iPad for my child"

Exactly. I wasn't going to mention all these but thank God you did. Those are the things they watch them do all through. I hardly hear parents telling their children to go and read or how many homes even have a proper reading timetable to begin with? All those culture have been taken over by phones, DStv programs and ipad. Who's deceiving who?

I can only do my best.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Mumben(f): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
I don't blame you one bit, just like you rightly pointed out, the reading culture in our educational system has died completely. Parents are not helping matters at all. School owners only care about their pockets and so they expect teachers to perform magic on the students to make them pass at all cost.

If I were you, I wouldn't take it to heart knowing fully well that you've done your part and so leave the rest. The bulk of the blame should go to the parents. If you see well bred children, you'll know. Even if they are not so intelligent, you'll see the eagerness in them to learn and it will motivate the teacher to even go the extra mile for that kid. Abeg make I stop here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
Solofresh2:
The boy has the main blame.If I can guess, what that boy is not serious himself.And the parents follows because,if that boy is really serious,he should have made it a priority to his parents that he needs a textbook.The parents too are not disciplined in providing what the boy needs, rather keep on postponing it
The owner of the school has no blame because knowledge is only been impacted in your pupils through those tests so they will have an idea even though they haven't been taught.
The thing you should do is, show them the solution to the exam questions after the exam so that they can have knowledge about the questions.
You have no blame except you haven't been teaching them well

I do my best but their interest is not just in learning. I try as much as I can to break it down to the simplest forms still... There was one I hinted the answer to and the next thing, he said please spell it for me. I was shocked beyond words. Even his classmates looked at him in surprise. It's that bad. They don't want to stress their brains. They can't rack their brains to save their lives. They just want you to give it to them word for word. Letter for letter.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Oyiboman69: 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mrkindness:
Let blamed the patent who ever he is and where ever he may be
not one child
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Oyiboman69: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2022
you and the proprietor who always change the teaching pattern are to be blame

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mumben:
I don't blame you one bit, just like you rightly pointed out, the reading culture in our educational system has died completely. Parents are not helping matters at all. School owners only care about their pockets and so they expect teachers to perform magic on the students to make them pass at all cost.

If I were you, I wouldn't take it to heart knowing fully well that you've done your part and so leave the rest. The bulk of the blame should go to the parents. If you see well bred children, you'll know. Even if they are not so intelligent, you'll see the eagerness in them to learn and it will motivate the teacher to even go the extra mile for that kid. Abeg make I stop here

My dear, it can be very frustrating. Parents are not helping matters at all. Imagine not buying textbook for your ward but when they cry that their DStv subscription has expired these same parents will recharge it for them. Hardly will you see a parent checking if the childs homework is done rather they'll come and fight if you discipline the child. Some have even formed the habit of tipping the class to help the children with their homework. They don't want to be involved in anyway with their wards school work.

I will keep doing my best. The parents also have a part to play. The earlier they start playing their part, the better for their wards.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
Oyiboman69:
you and the proprietor who always change the teaching pattern are to be blame

I did not change any pattern. The owner of the school gave me a textbook that comes with a scheme that we use but during exams, she'll now go and dig up Lagos state questions that was set based on Lagos state scheme.

I'm not the one changing it. I always set my questions from the textbook she gave us to use and send to her but she ends up changing it

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Jozilinn: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Exactly what is going on in mine, parents would always see reasons not to buy textbooks for their kids, even counting the little they bought as something important and the teacher is expected to perform magic.

Just one scolding from the teacher to the child,will prompt the so called parent to school just to prove that the child is an addition to the schools income... like seriously this children hardly read their books at home, imagine a child writing in exams that TikTok, Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram are all sources of communication... what happened to broadcasting, radio, television and even magazines.
The kids are not reading for the exams, before exam we go through to the exact questions for the subjects yet nothing to show for it during exams. Only few of these children still read... again the schools need to implement the Lagos state questions like a month before exams... imagine her putting the blame on you, teaching is not a job it's a road to poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
Jozilinn:
Exactly what is going on in mine, parents would always see reasons not to buy textbooks for their kids, even counting the little they bought as something important and the teacher is expected to perform magic.

Just one scolding from the teacher to the child,will prompt the so called parent to school just to prove that the child is an addition to the schools income... like seriously this children hardly read their books at home, imagine a child writing in exams that TikTok, Facebook, Whatsapp and Instagram are all sources of communication... what happened to broadcasting, radio, television and even magazines.
The kids are not reading for the exams, before exam we go through to the exact questions for the subjects yet nothing to show for it during exams. Only few of these children still read... again the schools need to implement the Lagos state questions like a month before exams... imagine her putting the blame on you, teaching is not a job it's a road to poverty.

Imagine... TikTok and Facebook. That's all they know and you know the annoying thing there, it is the wrong things they learn very fast but that which has to do with their academics, you see them struggling to comprehend.

My dear, that's what we are facing all over the schools. Could you imagine, I used the exam questions to do revision with them, yet they were just failing like they've never seen the topic in their lives except for the few that are very exceptional.

My consolation is, some of them got 100%. Otherwise it will as if I didn't do my job.

Let the parents stop spoiling these children and later turn around to blame the teachers. It's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by phemmyfour: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Ok.
Though why I made reference to the text book was because it was from there I set the test questions during the midterm test and he still didn't do well which also affected his overall performance. The textbook doubles as a workbook too. So not having a text book for continuity is a factor.

Thanks.
Set what you taught them.

Don't teach them a + b in class and be asking them a square plus b square in the exam just because it is in the textbook.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by AndroidAI(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
It's the fault of both the parents and the school, plus TikTok!
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Solofresh2: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

I do my best but their interest is not just in learning. I try as much as I can to break it down to the simplest forms still... There was one I hinted the answer to and the next thing, he said please spell it for me. I was shocked beyond words. Even his classmates looked at him in surprise. It's that bad. They don't want to stress their brains. They can't rack their brains to save their lives. They just want you to give it to them word for word. Letter for letter.
What class are you teaching?
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2022
Solofresh2:
What class are you teaching?

I teach all classes, both primary and secondary schools but on different days.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Solofresh2: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

I teach all classes, both primary to secondary schools but on different days.
How can you be teaching all classes
Shey you dey whine me ni
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Solofresh2:
How can you be teaching all classes
Shey you dey whine me ni

Why can't I teach all the classes.? Is it not my subject? A course I studied is what you're asking me how?
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Solofresh2: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Why can't I teach all the classes.? Is it not my subject? A course I studied is what you're asking me how?

Oh okay.Well, you just have to do your best and leave the rest.Am sure those secondary school classes will be giving you problems more.Social media has taken over everywhere now and the serious students nowadays will be very few.Most students don't know more than Yahoo and TikTok nowadays.
May God help us all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
Solofresh2:
Oh okay.Well, you just have to do your best and leave the rest.Am sure those secondary school classes will be giving you problems more.Social media has taken over everywhere now and the serious students nowadays will be very few.Most students don't know more than Yahoo and TikTok nowadays.
May God help us all

I'm telling you. Even to respond when you tell them to repeat after you, they feel so lazy to say it. when you now ask questions after all the headache, they'll be looking like confused people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by khadaffi(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

One thing I've Observed in the education sector is poor reading culture and attitude to learning. Students attitude to learning is zero. You taking a class and out of the 100%, only 10% is responding. Their attention level is very very low. They are either busy thinking and doing other things or just waiting for you to finish and leave the class. Now before you tell me I dont make learning fun,/interesting for them, or carry them along, let me tell you that children no longer find learning fun no matter how fun you try to make it. And this is due to the kind of things they are exposed to out there which brings about a shift in focus. So their attention is divided in class as all they think about are those things which are not even appropriate for them. I don't even want to go into details about those things because that issue has already been over flooded.

I've experienced everything you wrote here. The only thing that make this story different from mine is where the director brings questions from Lagos State. In my own case, the director sets questions from the other branch of the school. The summary of my case is that I told them to get another teacher who they feel is better than I am and I left them after mid term. That is a time when it is difficult to get another teacher.

Forget this school, many of them are trash. If you're selling or trading is better than teaching.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
khadaffi:

I've experienced everything you wrote here. The only thing that make this story different from mine is where the director brings questions from Lagos State. In my own case, the director sets questions from the other branch of the school. The summary of my case is that I told them to get another teacher who they feel is better than I am and I left them after mid term. That is a time when it is difficult to get another teacher.

Forget this school, many of them are trash. If you're selling or trading is better than teaching.

My dear, I also told her to get another teacher she now said shes not apportioning blames to me., That she just wanted me to do something about it next term.

I don't get why they do that. They'll just go and dig up questions on topics you have taught the pupils and expect them to pass. Me I dey say whether na old age abi wetin? Hian!

What subject do you teach, dear?
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by khadaffi(m): 10:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

My dear, I also told her to get another teacher she now said shes not apportioning blames to me., That she just wanted me to do something about it next term.

I don't get why they do that. They'll just go and dig up questions on topics you have taught the pupils and expect them to pass. Me I dey say whether na old age abi wetin? Hian!

What subject do you teach, dear?

I taught maths. I had since left teaching as an employee. I'm now an employer as I have my own school now.
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
khadaffi:

I taught maths. I had since left teaching as an employee. I'm now an employer as I have my own school now.

Wow great! That's a good one. Anyways, I teach diction and phonetics subject.

Thanks for stopping by, dear
Re: Who Is To Blame For This Childs Low Performance? Teacher, Patents Or The Direct by Thattallgirl(f): 1:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Wow great! That's a good one. Anyways, I teach diction and phonetics subject.

Thanks for stopping by, dear
With everything you wrote, to me the school shares most of the blame...the school owner and the person in charge of the day to day activities in the school including the director. It's like some school owners do not know what having a school should be all about. I feel some schools aren't strict anymore in terms of discipline (not talking about flogging). Every parent should provide textbooks for the kids as a requirement into any new class.

I don't know how it's done in the school you teach but when a child scores an F in a subject, what happens? Is the child given an opportunity to rewrite the exam during holidays with a different set of questions? If the child, due to lack of seriousness still doesn't perform well, is it suspension that comes next or the child will repeat the class? Or it's just going to be in the record and that's all?

Why choose a different curriculum from the one the Lagos government offers when you cannot continue with it even up to exam? Why condone students who won't follow rules by not doing assignments and still allow them enter the school premises? Well, I guess it's because of money. They want to keep impressing the parents so that they won't remove their children from the school.

When parents and students know how strict the school is and that they have a very good reputation in building students, I doubt they'd behave the way they are doing. About attention in the classroom, I wonder when schools will allow teachers give short tests at the end of each class everyday, based solely on what was taught in that particular period. Each tests could carry 3 marks or so and make up for the entire test scores per term. Reduce the 60 marks given to exam cos it just makes students cram and pour. Raise the F grade to 50 marks or 60 marks. Give more emphasis on daily tests and midterm tests and practicals. Let's see if students won't be forced to pay attention and jot down when need be.

Honestly there's a lot to say and I understand how annoying it is for you as a teacher.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Also Experience This (see Here) / Lasu Pgd Form Any News / International Msc Program In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.