Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates (8347 Views)

Peter Obi Campaigns For Labour Party Candidates In Edo / Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts / Labour Party Candidates In Kano Using Tinubu's Picture On Their Posters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by fergie001: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
The Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt has dismissed a suit filed by the Rivers State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seeking to nullify National Assembly (Senate & House of Reps) Candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the forthcoming February 25, 2023 General Elections.

In Suit No: FHC/PHC/CS/127/2022 with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) & 17 Ors as defendants, the PDP is seeking to compel the Commission to annul the APC National Assembly primaries held in the state, on the basis of irregularities and non-compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022.

Justice Adamu Turaki Mohammed ruled that the decisions of the Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt on the same subject matter with another Party is sufficient grounds to strike out the case. .

Today, the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt has dismissed a suit filed by the Rivers State Chapter of the PDP against the State House of Assembly Candidates of the Accord Party (AP) in the March 11, 2023 elections.

The PDP in a suit is seeking INEC to disqualify all State House of Assembly Candidates of the AP for non-compliance in the conduct of their Primaries.

Justice Phoebe Msuen Ayua dismissed the suit for lack of jurisdiction on the premise of instituting same after 14 days allowed for pre-election matters.

Justice Ayua also held that the PDP had no locus to challenge the Primaries of another political party as it is the internal affairs of that party.

Recall that yesterday, Justice Stephen Daylop-Pam of the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt dismissed two suits filed by the PDP challenging the nominations of the Accord Party Governorship Candidate, Dumo Lulu-Briggs, his Deputy and all National Assembly Candidates of the Party for the forthcoming General Elections.

Justice Daylop-Pam who didn't give reasons for his decision stated that the judgement of the Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt Division is binding on lower Courts. He also said it will amount to judicial rascality to rule otherwise and dismissed both suits.

The Court of Appeal in PDP v ADP & Ors last month ruled thus:-"The lower court ordinarily should not have entertained the suit. No political party has the locus to challenge the primaries of another political party."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by garfield1: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Cc aiel,penguin2, tonye cole should go on with campaign,he will prevail at appeal..

Mary ekpere ita suit got the court to nullify apc crs central senatorial primaries

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by fergie001: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
garfield1:
Cc aiel,penguin2, tonye cole should go on with campaign,he will prevail at appeal..

Mary ekpere ita suit got the court to nullify apc crs central senatorial primaries
Judgement has been reserved in Ndubisi & Ors V George Orlu & Ors. The suit that disqualified the Congresses that was instituted by Abe's men.

I believe the Appeal will be upheld as well.

I saw the Eta own.... Eteng & Ricketts
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by powerfulguy: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
Wike, leave these people and campaign for your candidates, Habaaaa

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by YodeTechNg(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
fergie001:

Judgement has been reserved in Ndubisi & Ors V George Orlu & Ors. The suit that disqualified the Congresses that was instituted by Abe's men.

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by boldking(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
I love that…..Peter Obi for president

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by kezienaira: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Albarm: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
Okay
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Westchester(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
When are they going to dismiss the pooing old senile buffalo from iragbiji town Everything about that man is fraudulent, I don't know what is delaying the courts from disqualifying the agbado drug lord so we can at least be rid of his ewedu and 0femmanu eating afonjas undecided tongue

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by dedonfranco(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
Wike & His Boys are not smiling.
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by atdscentofwater: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hmmmm
Political drama don dey start
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Obaofaba: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
Why not approach the appeal court?

This is the loophole Wike needs to silence them for life.

They just played into his hands, it's a no brainer.
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by AsomughaChuks05: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
The coming election will be free and fair with Bvas_Wike shouldn't be scared of a fair contest if he has done well to Rivers people and not media hype.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
boldking:
I love that…..Peter Obi for president

Laelae! Olorun ma je! That can only happen in the Dot in the Circle enclave. Be warned, Dreamer, never wish evil for Nigeria again!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by fergie001: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
Obaofaba:
Why not approach the appeal court?

This is the loophole Wike needs to silence them for life.

They just played into his hands, it's a no brainer.
Which Appeal Court?

Only the Supreme Court, the Appeal Court in separate Divisions and decisions.have ruled on this.

Only the Supreme Court can rule otherwise, and there are some cases already forwarded there wrt this.
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by quickberry(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
Good
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by garfield1: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
fergie001:

The apex court also upheld primaries of ekiti guber
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by fergie001: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
garfield1:
The apex court also upheld primaries of ekiti guber
The Court is seeking ways to punish some Judges on that case. It is an intra-party mater arising from the Primaries.

The FHC did nothing on that case for almost six (6) months, then at the end threw away the case without ruling on the merits. The Appeal Court lambasted the lower Court but could do nothing because it was past 180 days and had to just dismiss the case. When it came to the Supreme Court, Inyang Okoro JSC was unhappy that the trial Court bungled the suit and also agreed it was a Constitutional matter.

Alex Iziyon SAN appealed that the case be looked at so Inyang Okoro JSC asked him to write a letter directly to the CJN to constitute a 7-man panel to deal on the matter and to depart from Section 285.
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by garfield1: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
fergie001:
The Court is seeking ways to punish some Judges on that case. It is an intra-party mater arising from the Primaries.

The FHC did nothing on that case for almost six (6) months, then at the end threw away the case without ruling on the merits. The Appeal Court lambasted the lower Court but could do nothing because it was past 180 days and had to just dismiss the case. When it came to the Supreme Court, Inyang Okoro JSC was unhappy that the trial Court bungled the suit and also agreed it was a Constitutional matter.

Alex Iziyon SAN appealed that the case be looked at so Inyang Okoro JSC asked him to write a letter directly to the CJN to constitute a 7-man panel to deal on the matter and to depart from Section 285.

The case is over but I heard a panel will investigate some judges
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by fergie001: 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
garfield1:

The case is over but I heard a panel will investigate some judges
I think so because the CJN can't bypass the Constitution to raise any other panel.
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by ogmask: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
So wike couldn't bribe or what?
You know day nor be every bribe the yield result.
This one pass all the judges for the lower court

AsomughaChuks05:
The coming election will be free and fair with Bvas_Wike shouldn't be scared of a fair contest if he has done well to Rivers people and not media hype.

If he has done enough why is he jittery...
Wike has done nothing and he knows. He has wasted billions of rivers state money on his jangolover over priced bridges and his supermarkets and service flats. After the election we will ask him h9s relationship with OCJ Okocha's little daughter. I mean the minor he bought a house for in Lagos whose mother is the official caterer to the rivers state govt. Wike na big hypocrite. He is worse than those wey ue dey accuse...

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by focus2727(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
Westchester:
When are they going to dismiss the pooing old senile buffalo from iragbiji town Everything about that man is fraudulent, I don't know what is delaying the courts from disqualifying the agbado drug lord so we can at least be rid of his ewedu and 0femmanu eating afonjas undecided tongue
Buffon
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by lawanifumila: 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
God Bless this young man , hope all his plans come thru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CNHgj8YW3c
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by awosejo1955: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by switlily25(f): 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
ogmask:

Wike has done nothing and he knows. He has wasted billions of rivers state money on his jangolover over priced bridges and his supermarkets and service flats. After the election we will ask him h9s relationship with OCJ Okocha's little daughter. I mean the minor he bought a house for in Lagos whose mother is the official caterer to the rivers state govt. Wike na big hypocrite. He is worse than those wey ue dey accuse...
Wow!
This gist is interesting!
I thought wike was only power drunk,petty,brash and greedy but I never knew he had a thing for women,let alone a minor!
Please go deeper!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Tareq1105: 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Wike as president would be a terrible experience to opposition bcoz he would have put judiciary in his pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by Tranquill: 5:02am On Dec 08, 2022
ogmask:

Na wa o! I hope you can defend this your gibberish. OCJ Okocha’s wife has been government house caterer even when Odili was governor and I am not aware that she stopped at any time. So was Odili fu..cking the little girl too?
Re: Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates by ogmask: 9:40am On Dec 08, 2022
Tranquill:

Na wa o! I hope you can defend this your gibberish. OCJ Okocha’s wife has been government house caterer even when Odili was governor and I am not aware that she stopped at any time. So was Odili fu..cking the little girl too?

Nor too think am...
Wike go answer questions after his tenure expire. Ask pple wey sabi in case you don't know why the so called everlasting caterer stop to dey cook for Wike house (govt house). nor be everything you go dey defend because you nor know where some of us dey enter and who we know.
Abi you wan also deny say Wike nor put him brother wey be third in seniority as the chief judge of rivers state instead of Justice Joy Akpughunum who is from Abua-Odual LGA?
Too many gaffs yet una nor dey see anything bad in his actions. A man se..xing a minor (Okocha's daughter) had the gut to accuse Ned who was bold enough to marry Regina... Wike's days of reckoning is close.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kenyans Mock Nigeria And Its Presidential Hopeful / Why Is Africa Less Technologically Advanced Than European Countries? / Igala Colonisation Of Northern Igbo States (1450-18th Century)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.