Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Rules Governing Direct Selling - Does QNET Abide By Those Rules? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rules Governing Direct Selling - Does QNET Abide By Those Rules? (314 Views)

Does QNET Have A Physical Office In Nigeria? / Is Qnet Company A Scam ? Please Help Me / Please Who Have Head About Qnet Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rules Governing Direct Selling - Does QNET Abide By Those Rules? by Folaawori: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
A trending assumption these days is the availability of Direct selling “job” opportunities. Even though Direct selling companies may have vacancies in specific departments, “direct selling” is not a job. It is simply a sales channel companies use to promote their products away from a physical retail location.

Like many other industries, the industry is guided by specific rules and regulations that every organisation must follow in its business operations. For example, the World Federation of Direct Selling Association (WFDSA) has a Code of Ethics that sets standards for members on many relevant topics, including recruiting practices, products and service guarantees, sale and return of product inventory and earnings claims. They also have the authority to enforce the rules with remedies from fines to suspension from the national Direct Selling Association (DSA) membership.

Contrary to most posts I have read here, one of the most compliant direct-selling brands I know operating in the Nigerian market is QNET.
I was invited to a seminar by a friend last weekend. I thought it would be one of those talk shops people usually will organise. To my amazement, it was a great network of young professionals who were being trained about the “red lines” of QNET and the direct selling module. They addressed integrity, honesty, transparency and interpersonal relations as key to successful and trustworthy Independent Representatives.

As a leader in the industry, I realised that such initiatives are all to have stakeholders adhere to all regulations of the practice as expected by regulators. The WFDSA encourages member companies to provide adequate training to enable independent salespeople to operate ethically.

Additionally, the company has developed an organisational code of ethics as part of its corporate policies to ensure that all Independent Representatives (IRs) it network mandatorily uphold these principles in all their dealings and activities.
Do not be deceived into believing that direct selling involves you introducing your close family and friends to a business away from home for any fee.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Surrender To Cheap Blackmail, Says NPA MD, Bello-koko / ... / How I Made $100 From Google News (copy & Pasting Trick)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.