Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA (27824 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / 10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by JERRY1925(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
Holybaddo:
They should look for another way of solving this economy issue
This plan of theirs isn't favoring in anyway

Some people accept only cash no cash no business
This will affect business men both those in higher chain down to those on low of the lowest in a negative way.

Besides this gives a higher chance for hackers and thieves to cart away people hard earned money

Eg me prefer cash to cash transactions I hardly do transfer nor accept it

Nigeria is to risky for all this online transactions.

Fact is ..we can't get it right by sticking to old traditions.
Lets go cashless bro

1 Like

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by slivertongue: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2022
SmartPolician:

People in rural areas aren't really rich...that's why many local communities don't have banks. This government is trying to promote and encourage cashless economy which has enormous benefits.

Come to weekly northern markets and see those who go home with bags of money from selling large quantity of grains and cattle. In this areas no bank account so no POS. The North is not like the South. All I know is that CBN will rework it
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by odaniel1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
The sustainability of the SMEs & MSMEs would balance in a short while. Everyone would adjust just as we always have. I am positive it is the higher class of society that will feel the brunt more because of the limitations on purchasing power.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by ehissi(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Tokskob2008:
It will be seriously difficult to buy votes on election day honestly for those who are relying on it, I mean how many people can they quickly do transfer for on that day and no more usage of old Naira notes which has already been stored up for that purpose either....

I don't know why but Bubu is killing the little chances APC might have in the election.

On the contrary, it will be a whole lot easy.....

As a bank manager, its what I report that happens and nothing else!

Aside maybe one or two DSS agents that are posted to some banks, what I say happened, happened!

So far the client doesn't complain, I don't complain, we will delay updating your data records in a manner consistent with the law and the manager gets his cut, that's all......

All the law does is add an extra layer of people that are worth paying off, thats all
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Osolo1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
For months now zenith bank and a few other banks have had network issues ,where funds were stolen from peoples account without any trace and you expect people to keep funds in a bank only to pay as huge as five percent or more to withdraw same ,is that not systematically stealing from the poor masses ?
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Cromagnon: 2:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This NECA sef. Is it that these groups are always in negative mode by permanent default ni?

Govt is trying to address inflation so that your goods can be more affordable, you are still complaining. Na wa o
how is govt addressing inflation by kidnapping ppl money?

1 Like

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Boby89: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
PureMe01:
Omo Buhari is checkmating thiefnubuu all round. I mean all-round
And I'm suspecting Osibanjo's hand in this game against thiefnubuu too.

First BVAs
2nd Naira redesign...cashless policy and withdrawal limits

It's over for Thiefnubuu. Huge disgrace loading....

Continue deceiving yourself. Now I believe say una sabi anything politics because to una anything glitter is gold
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by SmilingImabong: 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
All this one na because e naira app to open am there say ok. now wit e naira app you can withdraw 1m per day, oya come see as Nigerians go full the e naira app. lol.

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by jcross19: 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
Obidient4life2:
As long as people can transfer any sum and deposit any sum, this should not be a challenge. Perhaps it's time to embrace online banking.
they are things that can work efficiently in this country but this cashless policy should not go too strict because the numbers of illiterates in Nigeria, the number of people doing petty works that need more than 100k weekly to pay their workers are more, how many aged people can operates online banking? There are things we need to put into consideration before taking this step..but Nigeria government have no sense!!.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by blueAgent(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
ElSudani:
Some people will always kick against a policy no matter how good it is.

So this policy is good?

1 Like

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by blueAgent(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This NECA sef. Is it that these groups are always in negative mode by permanent default ni?

Govt is trying to address inflation so that your goods can be more affordable, you are still complaining. Na wa o

How would this policy reduce inflation?

Clueless government.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Olatara(f): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Tokskob2008:
It will be seriously difficult to buy votes on election day honestly for those who are relying on it, I mean how many people can they quickly do transfer for on that day and no more usage of old Naira notes which has already been stored up for that purpose either....

I don't know why but Bubu is killing the little chances APC might have in the election.
Deep down, you know these policies won't affect APC vote buying. grin
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by deyemia: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
[size=14pt]No specific reason other than it’s sudden in the whole write up, I have noticed, most people can pin point how it will affect daily lives, you can still do transfer[/size]
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by SunMusk(m): 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
This policy will not even affect Tinubu and Atiku,
.. Thy always have their way. Politicians always have their way his the poor that will suffer it. Which country is doing what old Buhari is doing.?? If you re not careful with the way you limit cash, the economy might fall, people says dollars, which poor man is buying d dollars?? This thing doesn't affect the big guys, the bank is in their pocket
galadima77:

Not really a fan, but what if he ends up winning? Just what if?

Let the best (for the nation and its people) emerge.

1 Like

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by YeyeGbami: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
sunray:

How many rural or urban poor has 100k in their bank account?
We destroy every policy with good intentions with our crass opportunity. In many countries, I did not see where citizens turn POS system to cash collection centres supported by banking institutions.

The POS outlet thing na menace, they even dey beside bank. I weak!
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by jamesbonded: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
sunray:

We destroy every policy with good intentions with our crass opportunity. In many countries, I did not see where citizens turn POS system to cash collection centres supported by banking institutions.

How many Nigerians can write their name? Now many have android phone?
So if am traveling, I can't spend beyond 20k cash or government who has never done anything for me would deep their hand in my pocket to collect 5%?

If they want to help the naira, they would go after the politicians starting from Buahri's family.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by jamesbonded: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
blueAgent:

How would this policy reduce inflation?

Clueless government.

It would cause recession.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by aujile(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
slivertongue:
this hurried policy aint inclusive. rural folks &d urban poor will now revert to transacting in cash &keeping cash
Very correct!
You don't expect people to keep their money in the bank when they won't have access to as much of it as required by them at a time

1 Like

Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by blueAgent(m): 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
jamesbonded:

It would cause recession.

You don't know that recession is also an economic problem?, it means negative economic growth.

Becos there would be less money in circulation, less purchasing power and lower economic activities and output.

But I doubt, if our present inflation can be reduced by reducing the quantity of money in circulation.

We import virtually everything, meaning imported inflation would also affect us, coupled with the high dollar rate.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Luckysbab: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

We have to start from somewhere. Trust me I know the challenges of financial inclusion

Of course, it has to start from somewhere. But are those responsible ready to go the extra mile to try and get every relevant stakeholder on board?

It's not uncommon to see necessary follow up abandoned when new policies are introduced.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
sunray:

I don't blame you. You have everything at your disposal, and that is why you are saying this. Do you realize how many people will be jobless by this policy? You guys will just open your gutters and start defending the rubbish APCheat government. There is no way to defend a rubbish and still remain same and not become stewpid.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by bizhop01: 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Useless government with everyday bad policies
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by SmithRussell(m): 3:51am On Dec 09, 2022
PureMe01:

First BVAs

Please, so you feel Tinubu would request for money and they will tell him that it’s 100k max per week? Or won’t change his old notes stashed to the colored ones if he wants to do it? Even a ward chairman in Nigeria is already above the law, dey here dey cap nonsense.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by PureMe01: 4:34am On Dec 09, 2022
SmithRussell:
Please, so you feel Tinubu would request for money and they will tell him that it’s 100k max per week? Or won’t change his old notes stashed to the colored ones if he wants to do it? Even a ward chairman in Nigeria is already above the law, dey here dey cap nonsense.

Beer parlour talk. Why is thiefnubuu already weeping about BVAs since he's above the law? He knows he's been checkmated all round. Buhari is in charge checkmating those. E don run thiefnubuu street ofcourse not when his brother, Atiku is a candidate grin

Osibanjo gan no send thiefnubuu papa lol
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by EAKeffective: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2022
This policy is in no way denying people access to their funds, it's only restricting the amount of cash one can carry. You can do your business through transfer. It may seem difficult particularly for market women and artisans, but just give it 6 months all of them will key in, I know Nigerians are intelligent people. The benefits of this policy worth the stress that will come with it.
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Poshest4: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2022
You are a useless boy you condenm someone who inside you wish was your father or relative, I pity you and your poor parents

blacksam01:

u are pathetic nd one of naija's problem how can u not discredit someone who cant even mk a coherent sentence because he is ur tribe

abeg park, see ein mouth like brst candidate
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by blacksam01: 8:45am On Dec 09, 2022
Poshest4:
You are a useless boy you condenm someone who inside you wish was your father or relative, I pity you and your poor parents

guy...i am not a criminal annd i hate dubious and criminal minded ppl....ur kind of person is bring the money nomata where its gotten from...

i am not like u, boi..i still have morality inside of me
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Umadam: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
Am just ashamed, even some educated Nigerians will still kick against this policy, is it that they dont do research??
The world is revolving, and this is a step.
The only problem we could have here is banks network and internet networks as well and which will draw attention with time, moreover, the CBN said the policy is subject to review, why wont we wait yet

Some people will say, APC government have don the worst by bringing this policy, even when d policy has been proposed since 2011....
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by galadima77(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
galadima77:

Just mark today. That's all!

Guy how market?
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Parachoko: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2023
PureMe01:

First BVAs

The joke is on you 🤡

😆😆
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Parachoko: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
ElSudani:
Some people will always kick against a policy no matter how good it is.
The Policy is a good policy but not well planned
Re: Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA by Parachoko: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
bonechamberlain:
exactly the man is using all manner of policies to checkmate vote buying by the drug baron. Because that's the only way APC can get any substantial vote in the next presidential election. Like an old Wiseman once told me "it would be a dream if Tinibu wins" . Abiola votes in 1992 might even be more that Tinibu's in 2023.
I'm sure you witness how APC won the free and fair election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / We Found Gold Deposits Along Abuja-Nasarawa Highway – FG / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.