Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! (5314 Views)

AFCON 2022: Super Eagles Break Record After Their Win Over Sudan / Branislav Ivanovic Dropped And Broke Trophy, The Russian Cup After Their Win / Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by zedegit: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2022
Moroccan player Sofaine Boufal apologizes to Africans after saying Morocco's win is for Arabs and Moroccans
StandardDec 8, 2022

Morocco star Sofaine Boufal was at the center of controversy after failing to acknowledge Africa during a post-match interview after their historic win over Spain.

On Tuesday, the Atlas Lions sent shock waves throughout the African continent after knocking out Spain 3-0 in the round of 16 post-match penalties at Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan.

Abdelhamid Sabiri, Hakim Ziyech, and Achraf Hakimi slotted home their spot kicks while Spain remarkably failed to score from their three penalty kicks taken as Morocco’s Sevilla goalkeeper Yaccine Bounou saved Carlos Soler and Sergio Busquets kicks while Pablo Sarabia hit the bar.

In the process, Morocco became the fourth African nation in the history of the World Cup to qualify for the quarter-final.

In a comment after their surprise victory over Spain, Boufal told international media that their win was for the Arab world.

“Thanks to all Moroccans all over the world for their support, to all Arab people, and to all Muslim people,” he has been quoted as saying.

The remarks come after much of Africa joined the country in celebrating with them after they handed a shock defeat to Spain through penalty knock-outs.

Across social media, people have hailed Morocco as an African victory. After the exit of Senegal, Cameroon and Ghana, people in different African countries have naturally adopted Morocco.

The remarks have raised issues over Morocco’s own identity where it has identified itself with people outside of Africa.

On Wednesday, the former Southampton winger apologised to Africans for forgetting to mention the continent.

He posted an apology on Instagram: "Sorry for forgetting to mention ALL of the African continent yesterday in the post-match interview. Thank you for being behind us, I also dedicate the victory to you of course. We are proud to represent all our brothers on the continent. TOGETHER... "

#football

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by viyon02: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2022
Then the Gods of Africa will deny you too.

14 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by MufasaLion: 9:35am On Dec 08, 2022
viyon02:

Who are the Gods of Africa?

9 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by VeryWickedMan: 9:45am On Dec 08, 2022
MufasaLion:

Who are the Gods of Africa?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by WibusJaga: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2022

An average North African owes more allegiance to, & prefers to be identified with the Arab world in North Africa & Middle East, rather than being identified with the rest of sub-saharan black Africa. cheesy

Reminds me of Peter Tosh's song... cheesy
"Doesn't Matter Where You Come From, As Long As You're a Black Man, You're an African..."

13 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Biafranodogwu55: 10:02am On Dec 08, 2022
See this one.....
Better flogging for them by portugal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by fman(m): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2022
We and these people no be the same!!
Know this and have peace of mind

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2022
It is the same thing in northern Nigeria.They see the south (Christian) as an unclean people.That is why Buhari appointed his northern people into key political offices than the south.
If bandits from the north kidnapped people they are paid ransom.But when ipob,ametokun and other vigilante from the south are accused of a kidnapped,swift action is taken against them.

6 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by tuader(m): 11:19am On Dec 08, 2022
So after all the support against Spain you are now saying this una own don finish Portugal is the end of the road

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by kollinskollins(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
May portugal beat this people out.
I no know how them escape spain...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by dat9jaguy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
Revolution2022:
It is the same thing in northern Nigeria.They see the south (Christian) as an unclean people.That is why Buhari appointed his northern people into key political offices than the south.
If bandits from the north kidnapped people they are paid ransom.But when ipob,ametokun and other vigilante from the south are accused of a kidnapped,swift action is taken against them.

Anarchist wetin . How this one take concern Nigeria problems . Rest ehn, all these things are in your mind.

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Uyi168: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
viyon02:
which kain yeye gods of Africa

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Figger(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
North African people generally don't see themselves as Africa, they believe it's the blacks that' re Africans. I hate them with passion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Manna4Gurls: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
We too will support Portugal to beat them after they defeat we'll apologize for not remembering they're Africans

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
Thunder fire the useless barbar moronic half Arab there as if Moroccan are better..I use to fuuuck their girls back in the days, I prefer Senegalese pucci over Moroccan.
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Rahkman: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
NgwaManeatyou2:
Thunder fire the useless barbar moronic half Arab there as if Moroccan are better..I use to fuuuck their girls back in the days, I prefer Senegalese pucci over Moroccan.
shut up ur mouth u olodo small boy commenting trash on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rahkman:
shut up ur mouth u olodo small boy commenting trash on nairaland

See this arab Muslim slave.

I don't talk With inferiors like you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
It’s only black peoples who beg for everyone’s love. Want white and Arab to love them. Same way Igbo desperately want Yoruba to love them and Yoruba want north to love them. That’s why blacks are in a state of perpetual chaos

4 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Samunique(m): 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin

The high time we learned that nothing like United Africa the better for us. I saw some hypocrite Nigerians developing HBP for Ghana as if the Ghanians give a damn about Nigeria.

Now here come these Arabs thanking everyone for their support but their own African brothers who were supporting and praying for them.

The one who spoke even went ahead to thank his Muslim brothers.

What about Christians who are supporting them from other countries in Africa, what about the Christians in his own country ?

You see these Arabs heh, they do not give a damn about you, especially if you're not Arabs or Muslims. undecided

That's why, to me, I only support Super eagles, and since they didn't qualify I watch as a neutral and enjoy my football.

Pan Africanists, keep enjoying your Africanism o !!! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
Figger:
North African people generally don't see themselves as Africa, they believe it's the blacks that' re Africans. I hate them with passion.
Why hate them?
What's the difference between them and what Anioma, Ikwerre, Ogwashiku and many more keep saying to the Igbos?

What's the difference between what they are doing and what the Indigenous Igbos do to others in the name of the "osu caste system "?

What's the difference between them and what Yorubas say to Kwarans?

What's the difference between them and what is happening in border towns of CrossRiver and Ebonyi?

What's the difference between them and what is happening between Northern and Southern Kaduna?

What's the difference between them and what's happening between the indigenous yorubas and the Ijaw Yorubas of Ondo?

What's the difference between what was said and the EMI LOKAN of Tinubu?

What's the difference between them and the anarchy happening between Umuleri and Aguleri communities of Anambra state?

What's the difference between them and what's happening between K-Dere & B-Dere communities of Ogoni land.

Finally, is what he said different from what the three major tribes of Nigeria say to one another on daily basis?

We are always QUICK @ HATING people meanwhile most of us are the engine rooms of pestilential absurdities.

12 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by emetisuccess(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hmmm, we don't love ourselves in this continent ooo. Nigeria try better ooo, make we no get some people time oo.
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Ken4Christ: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
Foolish pride. When Portugal trash them, they will be humbled. What has Islam brought to the world?

2 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by BeardGangJnr1(m): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
As usual, Religion of piss.... undecided
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by adedayoa2(f): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
They have over stayed in Qatar, time for them to go home.
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by ednut1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
tuader:
So after all the support against Spain you are now saying this una own don finish Portugal is the end of the road
football is not won by support

1 Like

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by bdon123(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
Bro no need for apologies,we know u lots..its religion first before common sense.We know u will gladys kill all of us in Africa without remorse if Iran commands it

2 Likes

Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by Warriorplus(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
NgwaManeatyou2:
MUMU
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
Warriorplus:
MUMU

Yama pucci
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by SouthSouth1914: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Even blacks are fighting black men!! In Africa, some race at Emore equal than others!

In Nigeria, some ethnic groups are more equal to others! Oh black man, where art thou brain?

Yet the stupid Morocco, will play in the African cup of nations. Shey you Dey whine me ni
Re: Moroccan Player Says Their Win Is Not For Africans!!! by falcon01: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
FÙck you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead / NPFL: Lobi Stars Vs Enyimba FC (1 - 1) On 18th March 2015 / WEEK 43 UK POOL 3/3 And 4/4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.