Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test (42946 Views)

Yahaya Bello Cancels Okene Trip, Hides To Evade EFCC Arrest - Sahara Reporters / Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Against Man Who Filed Paternity Case Against Him / Presidents, Others To Lose Immunity Clause! Passed 1st Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2022
Mindlog:

When the court mandates a DNA testing, Sanwo-Olu denying the woman becomes irrelevant.
The governor has acted on his immunity clause.
So it is a closed Case

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by MadarasBlade(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2022
derecho:
When he decides to look for his father is immaterial.

The issue here is, what is the truth?
If sanwo-olu is a man of integrity, he should be man enough to clear his name.

As per Tinubu, that crook is capable of anything. I'd rather believe the devil than vouch for Tinubu.

If sanwo was a nobody, would the son have looked for him?

He seems to me like an opportunist, a mere glance at his picture shows that he is broke.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by emerged01(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:
Lmao. Since 1994 when your mama born you, your mama didn't go and look for Sanwo Olu if he was indeed your father but now, you're claiming he's your father? Reminds me of one man that was also claiming Tinubu as his father recently. The comedy
Very possible! Because you have not witnessed some situation in life doesnt me when you hear about it you say it is a line.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by asanausana91: 10:52am On Dec 08, 2022
WibusJaga:

Well, fornication between consenting adults is not a crime.
&a man is not under Legal obligation to be responsible for the child that results in such fornication.

However, on moral grounds & for the sake of his integrity, Sanwo Olu should subject himself to a DNA test & clear his name. cheesy
a father is under legal obligation to take care of his child.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 10:53am On Dec 08, 2022
Kajaard:

True. That's why the invention of the DNA test has saved us all that stress.
You cannot drag a stranger to court to have a DNA test until you proove that there is a relationship in the first place.
If there is no relationship the court cannot force you
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by faceland: 10:53am On Dec 08, 2022
May be his mother genes are very strong because I don't see any resemblance.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by diadem10: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2022
jaxxy:

Paternity isn't only by resemblance the boy may look like his mum. It is confirmed by DNA test. If sanwolu was in that location in 1994 and had a relationship with any woman them he should do the DNA test.

I know it's not about resemblance but then again if I as a father had no relationship/anything to do with a woman claiming a certain child was mine, I wouldn't even bother or waste my time on any DNA test.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by lifenajeje(m): 10:55am On Dec 08, 2022
If to say the guy resemble Sanwo Olu small we for agree..

No resemblance at all..

Let's see the mum's face to know if he looks like her ..

The matter go dey one kind when the guy no look like I'm Mama or Sanwo Olu..

The guy reminds me of relation to Obasanjo I worked with that year .

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by CheapHomes1: 10:55am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:
Lmao. Since 1994 when your mama born you, your mama didn't go and look for Sanwo Olu if he was indeed your father but now, you're claiming he's your father? Reminds me of one man that was also claiming Tinubu as his father recently. The comedy

The guy might be lying, we were not there. but was Sanwo-Olu working in Delta state at the said time mentioned by the mother of this guy? If it's a lie, only DNA can put the case to rest. Why can the governor not oblige?
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Mindlog: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2022
baralatie:

The governor has acted on his immunity clause.
So it is a closed Case

Paternity case is not a criminal case. DNA testing puts everything to rest, once and for all.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by olaztek(m): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2022
sanwolu have the time to be doing DNA test for every slowpoke who claim to be his son/daughter. Nonsense
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by olaztek(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2022
So sanwolu have the time to be doing DNA test for every slowpoke who claim to be his son/daughter.
Nonsense
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by derecho(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2022
If you value your father,you'd understand that his wealth means little or nothing to you.

So you've never seen successful men/women who went in search of their real father who may be "nobody"?

Sanwo-olu should clear his name except he is afraid his recklessness of the past may have resulted in the birth of the young man.
MadarasBlade:

If sanwo was a nobody, would the son have looked for him?

He seems to me like an opportunist, a mere glance at his picture shows that he is broke.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Mindlog:

Paternity case is not a criminal case.
This is a legal action against the office of the governor and the constitution clearly states until after his tenure of office
The governor enjoys immunity except impeachment by the state assembly
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Spidermon: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2022
mrvitalis:
Even as an engineer I know this lawyer is talking rubbish

Immunity is from criminal prosecution and this is obviously a civil matter

Even with the money this politicians steal they can't still hire quality people
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by enzony(m): 11:01am On Dec 08, 2022
fuckJones:
If I show you Dick, Shey you go sub for me

Lol yes
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Chee59(f): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2022
JoeNL22:
Na wa.... angry
I trust OBI doesn't have this kind of wahala around his neck.

If he did, with all the scrutiny he's faced, and still facing, it would have been out long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by zinaunreal(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2022
RZArecta:
get lost you îmbecile

Eyes up... olodo
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by JoeNL22(m): 11:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Chee59:

If he did, with all the scrutiny he's faced, and still facing, it would have been out long time ago.
Very true. That's why I said he doesn't have it

1 Like

Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2022
You pipu have not advised on what to do o
I said Dangote according to my village is my daddy.
Ehn
You this pipu sef
lipsrsealed
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by jaxxy(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:

I know it's not about resemblance but then again if I as a father had no relationship/anything to do with a woman claiming a certain child was mine, I wouldn't even bother or waste my time on any DNA test.

Good, so the question is was sanwolu in warri between 1994/1995??
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2022
jaxxy:

Good, so the question is was sanwolu in warri between 1994/1995??
That is not the question
The question is was there a relationship between sanwo olu and the mother
Without that
It is useless to compel him in the first place
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by kazyhm(m): 11:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Lol

Where would someone from the east be looking for his/her father ?

Their custom and traditions accommodates children out of wedlock......I e if you did not pay bride price....the children from such union automatically belong to the bride's family....

Tonto dike and Olakunle Churchill is a case study.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by baralatie(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2022
kazyhm:
Lol
It is real
LoL

You dey jeje one 30 years old man now comes with court papers to force you for a DNA test.
Shuu
You go go
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by asanausana91: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2022
baralatie:

Did he drag he father to court
the father accepted him. But in this case the governor didn't accept him as a son, therefore he must look for a legal means to settle it.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by sonofElElyon: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2022
dre11:
“If he is sure that he is not the father of the boy, why should he be afraid of submitting himself to a DNA (test)?”

SOURCE

Previous Post:
Emmanuel: My Mum Told Me Sanwo-Olu Is My Father, Says 27-year-old Man

Immunity applies only in criminal matters... I stand to be corrected

Modified: applies to both criminal and civil matters
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by CaptainFM1: 11:15am On Dec 08, 2022
derecho:
No responsible father takes politics above his name and family.
What would it cost him to show that the boy is lying?
Hiding behind immunity is lame

It will only cost him a compelling court order at the moment because he didn't make the immunity law himself.

You would remember how the social media shouted in the case of Fatoyinbo vs Busola Dakolo? And how it eventually ended that she had to pay #1million.

Aside from confirming his father what more To me that is the most important thing if truly the governor is linked.

If the mother is alive, she should come out to narrate her own story too. I'm sure her own version will sell better on social media and some mainstream media.

Again, Sanwo-Olu did not make the law. Law is law. I guess only the court can compel him if he decides to use his immunity.

We don't know what is the truth at the moment. So it's better not to speculate unnecessarily.

Immunity doesn't last forever.
Do you know how many people would potentially drag a Governor/President to court if there's no immunity? I can bet you...over a million! The drafters of the constitution knows why they put it there.

Whilst I'm not on the side of anybody yet, I would only suggest it's only 6months left before his immunity will expires. The "son's" lawyer should know better.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by ponishah: 11:16am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:
What if the DNA turns out real, and they settle as father and son - would you then swallow your puke?

It's a family matter, remove your mouth, nobody send you, haba.
Re: Paternity Case: Sanwo-olu Invokes Immunity Clause To Evade DNA Test by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2022
diadem10:

Are you sure you read the post? If at all you did, you wouldn't be typing the above.

If Sanwo isn't the biological father, he could just invite the boy and have him do a discrete DNA test. What's his excuse really? At least he wasn't the governor back when he dated the woman, so nobody would blame him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC: "Obi Trying To ‘steal’ Tinubu’s Mandate" / Segun Adewale (Aeroland) Slaps BBC Reporter For Recording Him / "Versace Up To Boxers" - Dino Melaye Poses In Full Versace (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.