Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,825 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov (5826 Views)

Adamu Arrives APC National Secretariat To Assume Office As Chairman / Gulak’s Death: It’s Too Early For Uzodinma To Assume Assassination – Wike / Was It Correct To Allow Osibanjo With A Tablet In A Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

How's is that different from dredging People's land to bring in Ocean? Many are filling in ocean inlet to prevent Ocean surge into the land but you wanna dredge people's land to bring Ocean? The pros and cons should be weighed and yeah, River state should be carried along. A little dredge could be done and left to see what happens to River state communities before going further with any dredging. Point is River state has to be carried along. I don't know why the anger over this. Which shows your innate entitlement, stealing and wanting to dominate people's things.

Are you ignorant of the Act of Eminent Domain?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Don't mind him

Do they want Rivers People to leave themselves open to being washed away by Tsunami
As if they are not suffering enough flooding already
Oguta has been dregded, River Niger has been dregded,. Baro port in kogi dregded, nobody has been washed into the ocean. Come up with another sentiment, am here to make sure your day is hell
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

the Werey is only interested in playing up sentiment
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

Odesin, you can't take people's domain! Sink that into your skull.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

River or water ways is different from Ocean. Sink that into your skull. And Yeah, River state has to be carried along.
I am not arguing with you the difference between River and ocean, and I'm sure you already know from my write ups, I'm not new in martime sector.

Carrying River state along Will be done should fg deems it necessary
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2022
Supremos:
First I am not the one doing the dregding but federal government who in their wisdom hasn't seen any negative impact on the environment.

Secondly, nowhere in the world is waterways blocked because water will always find it's natural route.

Thirdly, Nobody is taking Rivers state land as the dregding is done in the water. The waterway is big enough to carry vessels and hence theirs no need for expanding the route, nobody land is needed.

Lastly, your ploy to play up sentiment and hate will always fail you

Bro do not pay any mind to the goons. I wonder if they understand what dredging is all about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

Odesin, you take people's domain! Sink that into your skull.
are you tired of the game of sentiment?
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

Bro do not pay any mind to the goons. I wonder if they understand what dredging is all about.
grin
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by christistruth01: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

River or water ways is different from Ocean. Sink that into your skull. And Yeah, River state has to be carried along.

Can you imagine what could happen if one of his Kinsmen seized power in a Military Coup, Just look at the desperation for other People's Coastal Lands

With his type of thinking people would be deported off their land by fiat and the Land would be Seized or occupied by Soldiers who would use National Security as an excuse

By the way wasn't that what Ojukwu did during the War

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by nedu666: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Every single thing because it belongs to the States

Why are you so disturbed that Rivers State Lands and Rivers belong to Rivers State Government?

In other words the waterways on which lagos ports seat on belongs to Lagos state. Yet lagos has no input in wat happens at the port.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2022
Supremos:
I am not arguing with you the difference between River and ocean, and I'm sure you already know from my write ups, I'm not new in martime sector.

Carrying River state along Will be done should fg deems it necessary

Fg can't even dredge River state land without their consult.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Can you imagine what could happen if one of his Kinsmen seized power in a Military Coup, Just look at the desperation for other People's Coastal Lands

People would be deported off their land by fiat and the Land would be Seized

Exactly. That was what Ojukwu did to the people in South South.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

Odesin, you take people's domain! Sink that into your skull.

Nobody's freaking land has to be taken and I hope it sinks into your empty skull. The waterways are wide enough to take large vessels therefore there exists no need to grab a land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

Nobody's freaking land has to be taken and I hope it sinks into your empty skull. The waterways are wide enough to take large vessels therefore there exists no need to grab a land.

Dredging People's land without their knowledge is taking people's land. Do you want to flush away their communities?
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2022
nedu666:

In other words the waterways on which lagos ports seat on belongs to Lagos state. Yet lagos has no input in wat happens at the port.

Bro this is one of the reasons Nigeria is named the land of the decent fools. Ordinary everyday thinking ability is lost on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

Dredging People's land without their knowledge is taking people's land. Do you want to flush away their communities?

I have not seen anybody who lives on water. Therefore, I cannot fathom the thought of dredging of waterways as taking peoples' land. Maybe you live on water.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

I have not seen anybody who lives on water. Therefore, I cannot fathom the thought of dredging of waterways as taking peoples' land. Maybe you live on water.

You don't know people live on water? You dey ment.

Water ways and River could be dredged or desilted from the inside to prevent over flowing of these rivers. This is different from dredging lands to bring in ocean into the community. You have to carry River state along.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by christistruth01: 9:16am On Dec 09, 2022
Supremos:
Oguta has been dregded, River Niger has been dregded,. Baro port in kogi dregded, nobody has been washed into the ocean. Come up with another sentiment, am here to make sure your day is hell

You need to dredge to a depth of at least 21 Meters before sea going vessels can travel up River

Not all those shallow dredging
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by ysth(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

You need to dredge to a depth of at least 21 Meters before sea going vessels can travel up River

And the depth is on Rivers state land, you didn't add that part
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by christistruth01: 9:18am On Dec 09, 2022
ysth:
so what relationship does the picture you posted have to do with water ways, and coastal waters?

Go and do your research

You don't own Rivers State
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by ysth(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

Dredging a river means desilting, removing sediments and increasing the depth of a river channel. There are not creating aquaducts or artificial canals. The rivers been dredged already have a defined course
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by christistruth01: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2022
Supremos:
And the depth is on Rivers state land, you didn't add that part

Yes it is Rivers State Land

So if Rivers State Government tells you it is not happening, you can do nothing
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2022
ysth:

Dredging a river means desilting, removing sediments and increasing the depth of a river channel. There are not creating aquaducts or artificial canals. The rivers been dredged already have a defined course

That's different from we're talking about. They wanna bring Ocean inside. Whichever ways, River state has to be carried along.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Supremos: 9:23am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Yes it is Rivers State Land

So if Rivers State Government tells you it is not happening, you can do nothing
And am here wasting my time with an ediot. How old do you say you are again??
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:24am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

You don't know people live on water? You dey ment.

Water ways and River could be dredged or desilted from the inside to prevent over flowing of these rivers. This is different from dredging lands to bring in ocean into the community. You have to carry River state along.

Are you nuts? Who wants to bring ocean into the community? Urashi empties into the Atlantic Ocean as do River Niger and Imo River. Urashi has already created the pathway to Ocean. No additional volume of water is needed into Urashi to sustain waterway activities.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2022
christistruth01:

Do people live 21 meters below a volume of water?
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:31am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

Are you nuts? Who wants to bring ocean into the community? Urashi empties into the Atlantic Ocean as do River Niger and Imo River. Urashi has already created the pathway to Ocean. No additional volume of water is needed into Urashi sustain waterway activities.

You should be asking yourself if you're nut. All Rivers empty into the ocean. Are you planning to desilt these rivers from the inside or you're planning to dredge the lands around it to bring in ocean? You dey mad?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:32am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

T[b]hat's different from we're talking about. They wanna bring Ocean inside. [/b] Whichever ways, River state has to be carried along.

It is a pity I wasted my time with this peep. I thought you understood what dredging a river is all about. Do you know the meaning of tributary?
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by diadem10: 9:34am On Dec 09, 2022
Idiko1:

It is a pity I wasted my time with this peep. I thought you understood what dredging a river is all about. Do you know the meaning of tributary?

Will you keep quiet? Mischievous entitled folks. You had better carry River state along instead of wanting to flush away their communities.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

You should be asking yourself if you're nut. All Rivers empty into the ocean. Are you planning to desilt these rivers from the inside or you're planning to dredge the lands around it to bring in ocean? You dey mad?

You can feign ignorance as you want. The fact remains you do not belong to this discussion.
Re: BREAKING; "It Is No Longer Correct To Assume That Imo State Is Landlocked -gov by Idiko1: 9:38am On Dec 09, 2022
diadem10:

Will you keep quiet? Mischievous entitled folks. You had better carry River state along instead of wanting to flush away their communities.

You are becoming very funny.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See A Nigerian Governor In Okija Shrine / Abia Signs Mou To Build Industrial City / What Is Nigeria Doing About The Tse-tse Flies Called Fulani Herdsmen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.