Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA (482 Views)

Amad: Former Mayor of Johannesburg Pictured Wielding Rifle In Support Of Hamas / Mpho Phalatse: First-Ever Female Mayor Of Johannesburg Is Young, Black & Sexy / Meet Amarachuka Enyia, Kanye West Supports Mayor Of Chicago Contestant With $73K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by DSS1335: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, has been elected the mayor of Earle Arkansas in the United States of America.

Smith, who just graduated from high school, won the election with 218 votes, compared to his competitor, Nemi Matthews Sr's 139 and he's being touted as the youngest Black mayor in the US by the American media.

Announcing his victory on Facebook, Smith said, "Citizens of Earle, Arkansas, it’s official!! I am your newly elected Mayor of Earle, Arkansas… “It’s Time to Build a Better Chapter of Earle, Arkansas.” I would like to thank all my supporters for stepping up getting people to the polls. I am truly grateful for you all."

Earle Arkansas has a population of under 2,000 people and is situated about 30 miles northwest of Memphis.

In an interview with FOX13 revealed his goals for his town, saying, "First, I want to improve public safety here. Secondly, tear down abandoned houses… transportation here for the community, bring a grocery store here."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/arkansas/articles/2022-12-08/18-year-old-college-student-elected-mayor-of-arkansas-city

Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by nakaman: 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
u don't mean it, and SUG president for here na from 30.
The life finally no 1 balance

1 Like

Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by nakaman: 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
I wonder who him contest with
Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by VeryWickedMan: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Omodelokan

Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by thundafire: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
Omo
Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by Ofodirinwa: 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
In Nigeria his father will be contesting 'Chief of the Youth' and 'Youth minister' and telling him the youth are the future
Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by TheNiceGuy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Overstatement undecided

We have under 30 is the State House of Assembly, likewise Early 30 in the House of Representatives.
nakaman:
u don't mean it, and SUG president for here na from 30.

The life finally no 1 balance
Re: An 18-year-old, Jaylen Smith, Has Been Elected The Mayor Of Earle Arkansas, USA by realstars: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mayor in USA if Nigeria, he wold be rogget cultice or arm robber to ritualist.

(1) (Reply)

Tunisians Should Go Back To The Arabic Peninsula. / Late Popular Rapper Mohbad Imole Complete Burial Video At Ikorodu - RIP Star Wat / Alon Ben David: Hamas Treated Us Well, They Gave Us While They Go Hungry (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.