Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

CBN Withdrawal Limit Will Encourage Cash Hoarding - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Withdrawal Limit Will Encourage Cash Hoarding (218 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / Our Problems With N100,000 Weekly Withdrawal Limit — NECA / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CBN Withdrawal Limit Will Encourage Cash Hoarding by uncleck: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2022
I don't want to write long episode, but we should just understand that this policy is counter productive. While will I want to deposit cash at the bank when I know I won't be able to withdraw it at will? This will be the new reality -- hoarding cash.

The person that created a frontpage thread yesterday saying that the policy will benefit POS operators has never done POS before. Many POS operators will close shop very soon because you cannot meet up. While running a POS stand I had 15 ATM cards yet it wasn't enough at 200k limit per day for each card.

Modified:
Let me make a little clarification. Why 200k/day per card withdrawal is not a big deal is because most Mastercard has 1miliin POS limit per day. So you can withdraw 200k at the ATM and 1 million at the POS. But limiting both POS and ATM to 20k, have you wandered how you'll be able to pay for your groceries at the mall and for your fuel at the station? You won't be able to pay for things online with your card as well. Transfer is good for scammers.

We will have no option than to adopt mobile transfer. Now the problem is, many banks limit their mobile transfer to 200k because of fraud. Now they will have to throw caution to the wind and give yahoo boys a field day by increasing their transfer limit.

Secondly, when you do transfer you have to wait till your recipient sees alert which might take eternity sometimes. What about fake alert? What about rural dwellers that battle bad network or do not have the capacity to use USSD?

1 Like

Re: CBN Withdrawal Limit Will Encourage Cash Hoarding by Victorblaze14(m): 7:28am On Dec 09, 2022
Well said,APC government wants to kill all the small businesses
Re: CBN Withdrawal Limit Will Encourage Cash Hoarding by uncleck: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2022
Victorblaze14:
Well said,APC government wants to kill all the small businesses
With the level of inflation now, I wonder what 20k can do for anyone. I wonder whether we can pay bus conductor with transfer. Imagine buying different things from different market women and paying all of them with transfer

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Average Cost Of Hiring An Attorney To Handle A Car Accident Case? / How To Generate 1000+ Leads And Also Close More Deals With Video This Christmas / Elon Musk's Response To Employees Activism From Twitter Layoffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.