Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? (402 Views)

As A Full Stack Developer.. How Easy It Is To Get A Job? / As A Developer, How Much Will You Charge For A Website Like Efx2.io ? / I Want To Be A Software Developer... How Do I Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? by saint01909: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2022
As a developer, you can spot bad code by looking for a few key things. First, you can look for code that is hard to read or understand. This could include code that is overly complex, lacks clear structure, or is poorly documented. Second, you can look for code that is inefficient or that does not follow best practices. This could include code that uses unnecessary or outdated algorithms, or code that does not take advantage of modern programming languages and frameworks. Finally, you can look for code that is not modular or reusable, or that is prone to bugs or other issues. By being vigilant and keeping an eye out for these things, you can help identify and improve bad code.
Re: As A Developer, How Can We Spot Bad Code? by elipheleh(m): 3:26am On Dec 11, 2022
You can't spot a bad code until you run it.
What is the use of beauty if it doesn't run bug free?

What you listed above are ways to spot a bad design and in some cases how to differentiate who is a junior developer.

Choice of algorithms, age of the language, choice of frameworks are just personal preferences and job requirement dependant. Nothing more.

Infact I am currently building an ecommerce site for a US a company with only pure PHP, HTML, Mysql, and CSS. The company strictly forbids me using any framework and Javascript is not allowed anywhere too on the site.

It should run on onion site too. And must function perfectly like high popular ecommerce sites like amazon, Ebay and co.

While reusability or modular codes is matter of personal style sometimes and how big the project is.

(1) (Reply)

100 Days Of Coding / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / Wordpress Plugin Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.