Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue (460 Views)

Only Lagos, Kaduna Generate Revenue To Cover Operating Costs — BudgIT / Akinwumi Adesina: We’ll Support Tinubu, Afdb To Open New Bank In Nigeria / Tinubu: Practical Ways Forward On The CBN New Naira Notes Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by LocalStandard1(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
Firstly, the only reason why the government is setting up their new bank transactions policies is cos the government has run out of ideas to get money so it want to indirectly tax every poor Nigerian by getting a cut in most of our major monitory dealings. I mean how else can they get us to pay for transactions done in cash?
But this is just one of the reasons, though major.

But this government lack ideas and innovative ways than always trying to put more pressure on the vast majority of poor average Nigerians. This cluelessness is too much. Nigerians can't take another major woeful policy. The poor is bleeding and trouble brewing.

Solution....!

I read a report recently that the the owner of the BUA cement is now the second richest Nigerian. Oh good.... Right?

No, no, no!!!

Nigeria has no business with people that wealthy. It is a shame that the average Nigerian celebrates the problematic fact "we have the richest people in Africa".
Our economy is a testament that it's even a sin in itself, a crime to humanity and an insult to the average Nigerian. It is unrealistic and ignorant.

In other countries the wealthy pay good taxes to the government, in the US the rich pay as much as 40% or more, depending on the state, of the total taxes to the government. Those who leave in Canada can testify.

In Nigeria the government give them waivers, the government outrightly use even our personal resources to help these people's businesses. It's an offense. The rich should grow so it can reflect on the masses not the other way round, with such low minimum wage.

Dangote have no business being that wealthy, nor the rest.

Dangote, Abdusamad, Otedola, Adenuga, Tinubu, Atiku, Arthur Eze, Seuun Osewa, Linda Ikejih, Davido and his family, David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye, Paul Enenche, Burna boy, Ibeto, the guy with IVM, Don jazzy, Obi Cubana, every single hyper rich and wealthy Nigerian should start paying more taxes. Not their business taxes alone but their personal houses, private wealth, offshore wealth and properties. The government should stop the preferential treatments and secret payoffs to their businesses, stop the waivers, Nigeria is too poor to have people so wealthy.

We have no business competiting with the foreign wealthy people cos our GDP to population ratio is one of the worst in Africa and the world. No wealthy Nigerian has a right to be half as wealthy as they are.

The poorest Nigerian buys recharge card, pays for fuel (if they can even afford a car that is), pays for calls, texts charges with the added VAT, buys food stuff, buys cement, building equipments, everything the same prices as the richest. Yet these people benefit the most from the system. That is not how a country like Nigeria should be.

The wealthy Nigerian does not pay enough taxes and levies. The wealthy Nigerian should not be half as wealthy as they are. That is how the government can generate revenue.

This is not hate speech, this is common sence, this how a government can generate revenue in an ailing failing economy like ours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by proff010: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
What is the way out.

1 Like

Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by adekolaelect(m): 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2022
Story without way out
Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by LocalStandard1(m): 4:52am On Dec 10, 2022
adekolaelect:
Story without way out
proff010
I don't know if the average Nairalander is a computer bot or an alien cos I don't understand.

I wrote like an article about something and you guys still ask "the way out?" What other way out if you haven't read the post? Should I number each point and define them like to a nursery student.

My kind of posts don't make front page, hell some get deleted or hidden so don't expect to be first to comment with me. Come with the intention of a valid, intelligent argument cos that's all you might get. Not fame.
Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by orisa37: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2022
BUHARI DOESN'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN THE DUTIES OF THE MINISTER OF FINANCE AND THE GOVERNOR OF THE CENTRAL BANK.
Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by orisa37: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2022
EMEFIELE is a horrible Sycophant. And BUHARI is possessed and confused.
Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by orisa37: 5:46am On Dec 10, 2022
THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE SHOULD GENERATE FUNDS.
THE CBN AND OTHER BANKS SHOULD KEEP THE FUNDS AND DISTRIBUTE THEM ECONOMICALLY AS DIRECTED.

2 Likes

Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by proff010: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2022
May be you need to read your write up again where are the suppose solution you claim you mention. You only talk about Nigerian millionaire and the rich paying more tax in abroad. So what is the way out for the common man..
LocalStandard1:
proff010
I don't know if the average Nairalander is a computer bot or an alien cos I don't understand.

I wrote like an article about something and you guys still ask "the way out?" What other way out if you haven't read the post? Should I number each point and define them like to a nursery student.

My kind of posts don't make front page, hell some get deleted or hidden so don't expect to be first to comment with me. Come with the intention of a valid, intelligent argument cos that's all you might get. Not fame.
Re: Way Out Of The CBN's New Bank Policies And How Nigeria Can Generate Revenue by adekolaelect(m): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
LocalStandard1:
proff010

oga thank you but your heading sound Solutions but your write up was telling us why the government did it and I hat they were intended to get from it.

(1) (Reply)

Okada Riders In Lagos Reject Tinubu And Atiku In Lagos Election Poll / All For Peter Obi. Another Man Display Pvc For Peter Obi / Prophetic Message To Britain And Royal House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.