Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Remitly Review - Can I Use It? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Remitly Review - Can I Use It? (2296 Views)

Ok Guys So I Want To Learn Python On Youtube For Myself. What Can I Use It For / 99read Review - Can You Make Money With 99read In 2022 And Beyond. / All You Need To Know About Amazon Alexa And How To Use It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 12:15am On Dec 10, 2022
I work with a foreign company and getting my Salary since TransferWise suspended payments to Nigeria dom accounts has not been rosy.

It's almost 15 days now and my money is still hanging somewhere between Access Bank and Payoneer. It wasn't until today that I learnt that Access Bank has stopped receiving Payoneer domiciliary account deposit. The fund is not showing up on my Payoneer account either.

I want to avoid a recurrence of this ugly situation on my next payment. I had suggested Remitly to my employer and they've accepted to make my next payment through it for December.

I've went through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7414171/web-developers-freelaancers-how-getting/7 from A to Z, there was no mention of Remitly.

So I would like a review from my fellow Nigerians concerning their experience with Remitly.

@mukina2 @lordzouga @lalasticlala please help drive to the front page for wider audience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2022
Yeah it works. We used to use that and azimuth before the services got blocked to my employers for sending money to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Yeah it works. We used to use that and azimuth before the services got blocked to my employers for sending money to Nigeria.

Do you mean, it works before but your employers can no longer use it because it has been blocked and can no longer be used to send money to Nigeria? I'm confused, broh.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
Zyxsc:

Do you mean, it works before but your employers can no longer use it because it has been blocked and can no longer be used to send money to Nigeria? I'm confused, broh.

It was blocked for them cause they were sending money to me in Nigeria for your employers it will work since they haven't used it before but depending on the country it's coming from they might block it later.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It was blocked for them cause they were sending money to me in Nigeria for your employers it will work since they haven't used it before but depending on the country it's coming from they might block it later.

Uhmmm, undecided I wonder why your employer was banned from using it to send money to Nigeria. It's weird because unlike TransferWise, I haven't come across any official news by Remitly stating they've suspended transfer to Nigeria. Maybe your employer did something contrary to their code of conduct.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2022
why not moneygram?... Money enters my dorm in< 2 hours. Almost no charges for my boss as he gets coupons abi promo codes... Every one is happy. Easiest payment method we've tried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2022
Zyxsc:

Uhmmm, undecided I wonder why your employer was banned from using it to send money to Nigeria. It's weird because unlike TransferWise, I haven't come across any official news by Remitly stating they've suspended transfer to Nigeria. Maybe your employer did something contrary to their code of conduct.
It depends on the country. The country my employer is in doesn't really encourage sending money to Nigeria. It's always automatically flagged as the person being scammed.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Deicide: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
DrLevi:
why not moneygram?... Money enters my dorm in< 2 hours. Almost no charges for my boss as he gets coupons abi promo codes... Every one is happy. Easiest payment method we've tried
Abi o, Na to move to South Africa grin
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by airsaylongcome: 6:55am On Dec 11, 2022
Can your employers not directly wire funds to your Nigerian dom? Why do we have to jump through so many hoops. Mine send directly to my dom and if not for the stupid manual way Zenith handles foreign wire transfers, I should be getting it within hours
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Can your employers not directly wire funds to your Nigerian dom? Why do we have to jump through so many hoops. Mine send directly to my dom and if not for the stupid manual way Zenith handles foreign wire transfers, I should be getting it within hours

I don't know why my employer is avoiding wire transfer, maybe because of transaction fee. Payoneer charges more transaction fee than can be incurred in a wire transfer.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2022
Deicide:
Abi o, Na to move to South Africa grin

Why move to South Africa? Does MoneyGram work best in South Africa?
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 10:03am On Dec 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on the country. The country my employer is in doesn't really encourage sending money to Nigeria. It's always automatically flagged as the person being scammed.

Oh, okay. Guess your employer must be from US or an European country.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:15am On Dec 11, 2022
Zyxsc:

Oh, okay. Guess your employer must be from US or an European country.

Australia. US is much better. Europe too.

1 Like

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by airsaylongcome: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Australia. US is much better. Europe too.

Omo! Your work times nobi here be dat

1 Like

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Omo! Your work times nobi here be dat

Initially it was horrible but I am allowed to work normal Nigerian day times now.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by airsaylongcome: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Initially it was horrible but I am allowed to work normal Nigerian day times now.

Mine is fxcked up working PST. Not possible to work WAT for them. Thought my own was bad until we hired a Philippina on my team. She closes at 8am their time. Starts work at midnight
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Saverin: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Mine is fxcked up working PST. Not possible to work WAT for them. Thought my own was bad until we hired a Philippina on my team. She closes at 8am their time. Starts work at midnight

Please add me to qtguru slack channel
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Saverin: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Please add me to qtguru slack channel
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Mavor: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
Zyxsc:
I work with a foreign company and getting my Salary since TransferWise suspended payments to Nigeria dom accounts has not been rosy.

It's almost 15 days now and my money is still hanging somewhere between Access Bank and Payoneer. It wasn't until today that I learnt that Access Bank has stopped receiving Payoneer domiciliary account deposit. The fund is not showing up on my Payoneer account either.

I want to avoid a recurrence of this ugly situation on my next payment. I had suggested Remitly to my employer and they've accepted to make my next payment through it for December.

I've went through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/7414171/web-developers-freelaancers-how-getting/7 from A to Z, there was no mention of Remitly.

So I would like a review from my fellow Nigerians concerning their experience with Remitly.

@mukina2 @lordzouga @lalasticlala please help drive to the front page for wider audience
Please did you find a solution for this issue? I am experiencing something similar with Access Bank currently. Thanks.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2022
Mavor:
Please did you find a solution for this issue? I am experiencing something similar with Access Bank currently. Thanks.

I eventually used my FCMB domiciliary account to receive the fund. GTBank Domiciliary account too should work
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Mavor: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2022
Zyxsc:

I eventually used my FCMB domiciliary account to receive the fund. GTBank Domiciliary account too should work
Thanks. I eventually got it late last week. Had to ask my employer in the EU to get a telex copy of the transaction from their bank which I forwarded to mine and I got credited within 1 hour after I sent the bank the telex copy.
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2023
Over 6 months of using Remitly through GtBank Dom account now and I can say it has been very smooth. I'd recommend Remitly over and over again

1 Like

Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by R2bees2: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Zyxsc:
Over 6 months of using Remitly through GtBank Dom account now and I can say it has been very smooth. I'd recommend Remitly over and over again
Must it be a dorm account
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Zyxsc: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2023
R2bees2:
Must it be a dorm account
Yes, it must be a dorm account
Re: Remitly Review - Can I Use It? by Sticooooooo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
I would like to get in touch with you please 🙏

(1) (Reply)

Programmer Needed For Full Time Work Must Be Using A Mac Or Linux For The Job / $7 Per Hour Go Developer Job / Please Help With Paystack Integration!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.