Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) (21727 Views)

How I Prepared Efo Riro With N500 (Photos) / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2022
Efo Riro is a very delicious soup from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria. This soup is so delicious that I wondered what took me so long to share the recipe. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to cook a mouth watering and finger licking Efo Riro.

Ingredients:

Shoko
Tatashe
Shombo
Peppers
Beef
Shaki (use any protein you prefer)
Chicken (optional)
Ponmo
Smoked Prawns
Smoked Panla fish
Dry fish
Palm oil
Blended crayfish
Onions
Iru (Locust bean)
Seasoning cubes
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0Oujd9CRk

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:45am On Dec 10, 2022
Greypencils, I had you in mind making this soup.
I think it's because it has oyel and pepper grin
This plate is for you.

Happy weekend everyone.
Efo Riro is served.

8 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2022
I never chop this soup before but it sure looks like something that will go well with better yellow garri.

Nice one glory nwaanyi oma.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Kollins11: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Zonefree:
I never chop this soup before but it sure looks like something that will go well with better yellow garri.

@bolded, yellow garri no dey go well. I think Efo riro with rice is the perfect combination.

I swear, if you chop efo riro with rice omo! You will know there's difference between a virgin kpekus and a Overstretched kpekus. You go too enjoy the food. Aje!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:03am On Dec 10, 2022
Zonefree:

Zonefree, this soup is competing for the best soup of the year award in my kitchen cheesy

I used that draw like yellow garri the last time and it was amazing.

One good thing with the soup is that it goes with anything, pounded yam, rice, semo, garri etc.

Thank you as always.

24 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2022
Kollins11:
@bolded, yellow garr no dey go well. I think Efo riro with rice is the perfect combination.

I swear, if you chop efo riro with rice omo! You will know there's difference between a virgin kpekus and a Overstretched kpekus. You go too enjoy the food. Aje!

In as much as Nairaland is a faceless forum, don't focus all your write ups with kpekus cos I know that kpekus is not what you do all day in real life.

You are correct, Efo Riro goes well with rice too.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Zonefree, this soup is competing for the best soup of the year award in my kitchen cheesy

I used that draw like yellow garri the last time and it was amazing.

One good thing with the soup is that it goes with anything, pounded yam, rice, semo, garri etc.

Thank you as always.
The soup got nice review already. Can I get it anywhere here in Owerri?

Btw, is mariahangel aware there's a soup competing with okra soup as the best soup of the year?

6 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by yellowgarri2(m): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2022
Kollins11:
@bolded, yellow garr no dey go well. I think Efo riro with rice is the perfect combination.

Typical Yoruba Man. That combination na 100%
Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by yellowgarri2(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This plate is for you.

Happy weekend everyone.
Efo Riro is served.
Where's mine? Put plenty oyel. I love licking my fingers dipped in oyel

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2022
Zonefree:

The soup got nice review already. Can I get it anywhere here in Owerri?

Btw, is mariahangel aware there's a soup competing with okra soup as the best soup of the year?

Am not sure of the restaurants in Owerri, but do ask around you might be suprised you will see it.
Or you can cook it yourself, you can use Ugu or Green if you don't find Shoko there.

Mariahangel, this soup is one of the reasons I can't choose one meal for the rest of my life grin
Have you had it? Can you compare it with Okro soup?
Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2022
yellowgarri2:
Where's mine? Put plenty oyel. I love licking my fingers dipped in oyel

It's all yours.

It has lots of oyel for my oyel friends grin
Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Kollins11: 11:24am On Dec 10, 2022
yellowgarri2:
Typical Yoruba Man. That combination na 100%
Lol.. I no be yoruba man, I just enjoy eating good food. I can just wake up one morning and decide to eat any tribe food.

Your moniker sounds funny though, lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by greypencils: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This plate is for you.

Happy weekend everyone.
Efo Riro is served.
Ooh Lala. Thanks school mother

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
greypencils:
Ooh Lala. Thanks school mother

You are most welcome our Oyel boyfriend.
Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by noble2faith(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
I enjoy ego riro with rice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2022
This soup is on point and one of the best soups. With those obstacles? This must be super.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Am not sure of the restaurants in Owerri, but do ask around you might be suprised you will see it.
Or you can cook it yourself, you can use Ugu or Green if you don't find Shoko there.

I think green would be a better alternative.

Mariahangel, this soup is one of the reasons I can't choose one meal for the rest of my life grin

Have you had it? Can you compare it with Okro soup?

Nne, you're kuku the goddess of food. cheesy

I've not had it before, but I can imagine how it'll taste like (without iru of course).

6 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

I think green would be a better alternative.

Nne, you're kuku the goddess of food. cheesy

I've not had it before, but I can imagine how it'll taste like (without iru of course).

Nne ooooooo. It tastes so good, I found a solution to Iru for you, wash it before using.
No smell at all but good flavours.

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Nne ooooooo. It tastes so good, I found a solution to Iru for you, wash it before using.
No smell at all but good flavours.

I might give it a try before the end of time. cheesy

What does it taste like?

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:35pm On Dec 10, 2022
mariahAngel:

I might give it a try before the end of time. cheesy

What does it taste like?

It has this distinct native flavour, I can't just explain it.

Before the end of time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by ceeceeuwa: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eforiro is not complete without iru. I still have the one I made in my pot. It's a finger licking something!

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
Eforiro is not complete without iru. I still have the one I made in my pot. It's a finger licking something!

Efo Riro is finger licking bae!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Burgerlomo: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
You posted this video at the right time grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by ThiefnubuBandit: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Tinubuu will never go unpunished.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Franzinni: 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Men this looks interesting. Let me go and try it...

*Turns on the gas for the first time *

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
Oh LA LA, yum, yum, yummy, oya serve mine in a flask, let me Call British Airways to pick it up and send it to me, kudos to you Op tongue wink

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Ofemmanu1: 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
My best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Deicide: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Can you adopt me grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Ofemmanu1: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
This plate is for you.

Happy weekend everyone.
Efo Riro is served.

Me too mummy.

I love oyel and pepper.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Munzy14(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Efo Riro is a very delicious soup from the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria. This soup is so delicious that I wondered what took me so long to share the recipe. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to cook a mouth watering and finger licking Efo Riro.

Ingredients:

Shoko
Tatashe
Shombo
Peppers
Beef
Shaki (use any protein you prefer)
Chicken (optional)
Ponmo
Smoked Prawns
Smoked Panla fish
Dry fish
Palm oil
Blended crayfish
Onions
Iru (Locust bean)
Seasoning cubes
Salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0Oujd9CRk
The leaf used didn't appear on the list..

I will have enough of this soup this dry season with the abundance of the shoko..

Precooking the shoko before adding to the soup broth, won't it kind of reduce the nutritional value of the shoko leaf?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Efo Riro With Step By Step Guide (Photos, Video) by Naturalgbola(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Accompaniments For Pancakes / 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You. / Prices Of Food Items Soar More Than 100% Since Tinubu Became President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.