Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat (1424 Views)

Help, My Dog Is Down With Parvo Virus / Parvo Virus Emergency Thread / Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Ninobraw(m): 9:11am On Dec 11, 2022
Never you loose your dog to parvovirus any more. The easiest way to treat it .

First try and understand the symptoms. They completely lost appetite few hours time, a white foamy substance from their mouth. they will lack an enthusiasm to play and eat any food.

Before you know, it will start stealing the colour of the stool will start changing from yellow to something reddish in colour.

Once you notice it is parvo take the following step.

Get Cipro 500mg
Get diastop liquid or tablet
Get ors or clean water
Get metronidazole (flagy)
Get Virest (acyclovir)
Get syringe 5ml and 20ml
Get glucose sachet and mix with clean water
Multivitamin. (Vitamin c)
Normally the dog will start vomiting and reluctance to eat.

First give the dog 1ml metoclopramide inject to avoid vomiting the medicine and food. You can't give dog, drugs on empty stomach.

How to give the injection that metoclopramide is IV/IM so give the dog in the lap, watch YouTube for that. When giving the dog the injection when you locate the lap which is muscle make sure you first withdraw the injection to see if there is blood. If no blood then inject if there is, withdraw the syringe � and locate another place in the dog lap with is the leg(lap).

Then you grind the following
Cipro 500mg flagy(metronidazole 200mg) Virest acyclovir (400mg) and diastop 2mg) and miss 3 diastop together

After grinding everything together put it inside a small bowl use the 20ml syringe � to extract water from the glucose water or pure water. Withdraw water 5 or 6 times ,with the big syringe � in that picture which is 20ml. Put the water inside the bowl where you miss all the drug together.

After mixing all the water �� and drugs together, then use the 5ml syringe � to extract the drugs from the bowl and cover the bowl very well and force the medicine in the dog mouth without pouring anyone out.

After that make sure you get sardines or fried chicken and put in front of the dog few minutes later he will manage to eat little to regain strength.

And always use the big syringe 20ml to inject the glucose water in the dog mouth 3 times every 40mins to 1hour max. Make sure you mix the ors or glucose with pure water..

After 4 hours, remember the medicine you miss together inside bowl you will still have many left. So use the 5ml syringe to extract and give the dog again another one force it through the dog mouth

The dog pool will start to get normal again gradually, the following day you should start seeing big progress.

In the recovery process ensure to always give 2 sardines at a spot or chicken tht will make them eat always.

After that give the dog the medicine for 5 days.

Repeat the process each day like that for 5 days.

1 Share

Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by jaxman007(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2022
I usually use ceftriaxone (with lidocaine water) in treating parvo
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Cujo007: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2022
Can you please explain the essence of the ciprofloxacin and metronidazole in the treatment considering that these are antibiotics and what you are dealing with is a virus (parvovirus)
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Peterodion49(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2022
Can I have yur WhatsApp number or you WhatsApp me 08171096446 on how I can get those drugs
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Peterodion49(m): 8:28am On Dec 12, 2022
Especially the one in the tube
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Ninobraw(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Cujo007:
Can you please explain the essence of the ciprofloxacin and metronidazole in the treatment considering that these are antibiotics and what you are dealing with is a virus (parvovirus)

Ciprofloxacin + Metronidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole. Ciprofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Metronidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Ninobraw(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Peterodion49:
Can I have yur WhatsApp number or you WhatsApp me 08171096446 on how I can get those drugs

Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Cujo007: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2022
That's what I said. They are active against BACTERIA and not Viruses! Bacteria and virus are two different things. So, why do you want to use antibacterial medications in the presence of a Virus?
Ninobraw:

Ciprofloxacin + Metronidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole. Ciprofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Metronidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Akin1212(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Cujo007:
That's what I said. They are active against BACTERIA and not Viruses! Bacteria and virus are two different things. So, why do you want to use antibacterial medications in the presence of a Virus?

This is one year old already but let me weigh in. In viral infections, viruses weaken the immune system and allow pathogenic bacteria to be released from immunity prisons. When pathogens are free, they cause the diseases associated with viral infections. In other words, it's not the virus that directly makes us sick, it just weakens our immunity and allow bacteria run riot. So the treatment are done to fight bacteria and help the immune system to focus on the virus and kill it, and it'salso the same in dogs. So, in parvo infectionswhat we treat are bacteria infections, the dog'ssystem will fight the virus by itself. That's why it's good to vaccinate puppies so the virus won't be new to the system and the system can perfectly eliminate it. It's also why vaccinated dogs quickly get well when treated for parvo than unvaccinated dogs. I hope you get it now.
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by majortwild(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2023
Akin1212:

This is one year old already but let me weigh in. In viral infections, viruses weaken the immune system and allow pathogenic bacteria to be released from immunity prisons. When pathogens are free, they cause the diseases associated with viral infections. In other words, it's not the virus that directly makes us sick, it just weakens our immunity and allow bacteria run riot. So the treatment are done to fight bacteria and help the immune system to focus on the virus and kill it, and it'salso the same in dogs. So, in parvo infectionswhat we treat are bacteria infections, the dog'ssystem will fight the virus by itself. That's why it's good to vaccinate puppies so the virus won't be new to the system and the system can perfectly eliminate it. It's also why vaccinated dogs quickly get well when treated for parvo than unvaccinated dogs. I hope you get it now.

I recently lost a pup (GSD) to parvo unfortunately the vet handling it at that time wasn't serious enough with the treatment. It really pained me cuz my last pup got the virus and recovered only for the vet to be nonchalant about this one and it just died like that, i wish i came across this post would have taken it upon myself
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by Ninobraw(m): 10:13am On Feb 13
Cujo007:

That is where acyclovir comes in to handle the virus
Re: Parvo Virus Is No Longer A Threat by IamtheTruth1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 16
jaxman007:
I usually use ceftriaxone (with lidocaine water) in treating parvo
Haaa! Na infection u dey treat

(1) (Reply)

Pedigree Rott Pup, Chihuahua Pups, Pekingese Pup, Adult Chow Chow / New Arrival!!! Chow Chow Pups Avl!!! / Jp Immaculate Kennels Presents Affordable Puppies 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.