Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Which Of These Household Items Should I Import - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of These Household Items Should I Import (2350 Views)

What Can I Import From USA? / What Can I Import From Turkey: Very Urgent / What Should I Import To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Household Items Should I Import by Arctic(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
I have found a source of ex-catalogue goods (wholesale) which can be imported to Nigeria from the UK. Most are in working condition but some may not be working. Those that are not grade A may have evidence of being used. Some are also grade 'A' - unused.

The items are sold in bulk and would have to be shipped to Nigeria in 40'' container. ideally I would like to sell all items to a wholesaler in Nigeria rather than having to sell things individually.

However people who I have asked for advice in Nigeria don't seem to know what will sell quickly and what will not.

Please I would appreciate advice from nairalanders regarding what sells quickly and possible wholesale prices as well.

A list of some them below:

Microwaves

Flat packed furniture (I heard this is contraband) - see nigeria customs website http://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php

Electric door bell chimes - currently over 500 pieces of these for sale at wholesale prices - BRAND NEW and in original packaging.

Steam iron

Electric hoover

food liquidiser and food processor

Electric kettle

toaster

Electric lawnmower - I heard the motor parts from these lawnmowers are used to make machines used to grind foodstuff in Nigeria.

Electric blender

bathroon accesories including mirrors, toilet seat, electronic scale, shower head.

deep fat fryer

cutlery set

Electronic items:

DVD players

in-car DVD players

32'' LCDs

IPOD dock

earphones

clock radio

Aerial booster

wireless mouse

laminator

The list is long but these are a few of the items. Most of the pallets have a mixture of items although kitchen items are sold in one pallet, electronics in one pallet etc.

Any comments welcome

Thanks

Arctic
Re: Which Of These Household Items Should I Import by george31(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
I would advise u to import what is in High Demand,so that if u dont get an wholeseller to buy from u,u can sell what will move quickly in retail.
I know of someone i met on nairaland who has a shop & contacts all over Ladipo.

I think these items are u ones moving presently:
DVD Players
Microwaves
Electric Kettle
Electric Blender
Cuttlery Set
In Car-DVD Player
32'' LCD
Aerial Booster

Ask around,make no mistake about it,dont end up keeping or giving out what u are suppose to make money from.

If u need my more of my Input, email me: george31300@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Which Of These Household Items Should I Import by emmaoanidu(m): 12:52am On Sep 06, 2011
Hi
I think the most important thing first of all is to check out how much these products( that is the same brand because they must be around) go for in Nigerian market and see which of them you can really make more profit so that you dont buy them too expensive. Also consider the cost of shipping and clearing. Most of them are sell able but please confirm the present market price in Nigeria b4 making any move.

Emmanuel

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Almost Scammed Of 1.5 Million Naira / How To Make Money With GTBANK Affiliate Program / How Much Is Banger (knockout/fire Cracker) In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.