Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement (335 Views)

'very Happy To Be Here' - Cristiano Ronaldo Confirms He Won't Quit Man Utd / Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Andres Iniesta Announces International Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by phemmyjohnson: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
In an Instagram post Ronaldo said: "Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career. Fortunately I won many titles of international dimension, including Portugal, but putting our country's name on the highest foot in the World was my biggest dream.

"I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 appearances I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always by the side of great players and supported by millions of Portuguese, I gave my all. Leave it all out on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

Sadly yesterday the dream ended It's not worth reacting to heat. I just want you all to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal hasn't changed for a moment. I was always one fighting for the objective of all and I would never turn my back on my colleagues and my country.

"For now, there's not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted... Now, it's time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions."

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/cristiano-ronaldo-seemingly-confirms-international-retirement-portugal-world-cup-exit/bltf2fb04b029099164

1 Like

Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by God1000(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
Wishing him all the best, he's a consummate footballer
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by Emmacolinho(m): 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Respect man!
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by Abfinest007(m): 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
Very strong message with less ego
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by Faber(m): 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2022
Portugal defeated Nigeria and Ghana just at the friendlies and in the group stage, for their mind they thought they have mastered how to beat African teams not knowing that the North Africans play an entirely different football, if they score you, to equalize will be hard for you, dont let them score you first. Tunisia own worse pass, if Tunisia score you first, your own don be...lol

1 Like

Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by phemmyjohnson: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Maradonna and pele never achieved what he has achieved and they only won world cups. I am sure if they both still played now they would not smell the ballon dor awards . Ronaldo didn’t get a World Cup fine ! But the love of Messi should not make us all forget Ronaldo can be compared to no one after Messi.
Messi might be the Goat no doubt but ronaldo has accomplished like Wise….
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by WibusJaga: 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2022

Wisdom is knowing when best to retire & leave the stage so that your hard-earned reputation would not be messed up & not turn yourself into a laughing stock.

That Balablu Bulaba old junkie should take note. grin
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by olasaad(f): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
smiley
Re: 'Yesterday The Dream Ended'- Ronaldo Confirms International Retirement by internationalman(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Maradonna and pele never achieved what he has achieved and they only won world cups. I am sure if they both still played now they would not smell the ballon dor awards . Ronaldo didn’t get a World Cup fine ! But the love of Messi should not make us all forget Ronaldo can be compared to no one after Messi.
Messi might be the Goat no doubt but ronaldo has accomplished like Wise….

In as much as I like to hate on him like every other Messi fans do, but yesterday I was almost reduced to tears seeing him cry. It was so emotional.

Even us Messi fans that like to hate on him and throw banter at his fans would miss him the most because without him Messi probably wouldn't have become what he became and we would probably not have known how phenomenal he is.

They both drove each other to success over the years. Let's stop the hate and appreciate them while they last...

(1) (Reply)

Avatar 2 Movie / OFFICIAL: Ronaldo To Captain Saudi All-star XI Against Messi's PSG / Football Prediction For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.