Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

How To Diagnose And Fix Knocking Sound In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Diagnose And Fix Knocking Sound In Your Car (424 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / I Changed My Car Oil And Now I Hear A Knocking Sound / Please Help! Car Knocking Sound After Removing Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Diagnose And Fix Knocking Sound In Your Car by newsvib: 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
If you are hearing a knocking sound coming from your car, it is likely that there is an issue with the engine. This type of noise is often caused by a problem with the pistons or connecting rods, and it can indicate that the engine is damaged and in need of repair. Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and fix the problem:

Identify the source of the knocking sound. The first step is to figure out where the noise is coming from. This can be difficult, as the sound may be echoed around the engine compartment and can be hard to pinpoint. One way to isolate the source of the noise is to have someone else listen to the engine while you rev it up, or to use a stethoscope or mechanic's stethoscope to listen to the engine while it is running.

Check the oil level and condition. The knocking sound may be caused by a lack of lubrication in the engine, so the first thing you should do is check the oil level and condition. If the oil is low or dirty, this could be the cause of the knocking sound. To fix the problem, simply add more oil and, if necessary, change the oil and oil filter.

Inspect the pistons and connecting rods. If the oil level and condition are good, the next step is to inspect the pistons.......continue reading: https://www.gistcent.com.ng/2022/12/how-to-diagnose-and-fix-knocking-sound.html

Re: How To Diagnose And Fix Knocking Sound In Your Car by Thortp(m): 8:22pm On Dec 11, 2022
To mechanic straight, to avoid stories that touch
Re: How To Diagnose And Fix Knocking Sound In Your Car by Angrygoat: 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
A knocking sound is a failed oil pump,blocked oil pump,blocked oil pump when wicked mechanics put all manner of nonsense inside the oil cover and flush it down ,blocking the oil flow from pump causing lack of lubrication ,esp metals inside of engine and b4 ypu know it,it will knock,f there overheating,from there stall. Next na to tow am annd watch your mechanic milk you dry

(1) (Reply)

I Need Honda Civic 2006-2008 On HP / Where Can I Get Trailer Driving Training In Lagos / VW US Emissions Settlement Reported To Cost $15bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.