Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Inflation Should Be A Reason You Shouldn't Save, But Not Not Reason To Invest. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Inflation Should Be A Reason You Shouldn't Save, But Not Not Reason To Invest. (139 Views)

These Are The Type Of Shit Coins And Airdrop You Shouldn't Joke With. X100 Coins / Massive Recruitment At Dangote Refinery Another Reason To Invest In Ibeju Lekki / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inflation Should Be A Reason You Shouldn't Save, But Not Not Reason To Invest. by IgbokeDaniel: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
Savers are losers anytime, everytime!!

But we have been trained that the prudent thing to always do is save money.

George S. Clason wrote originally in 1926 the book Richest man in Babylon and said the first rule of wealth building is to 'Pay yourself first'.

W. Clement Stone added "He that cannot save doesn't have the seed of greatness in him". I tried checking up the date he gave this quote but couldn't find any.

These are ancient and undisputable laws of wealth. And of cause as they say 'we must never  break the ancient landmark'.

I know many people follow this wise council religiously. I use to be like this. But a simple financial education made me see more.

These people don't nnow two things!!

1. They didn't look at the dates of those quotes.

2. They don't know the rule of money had changed, a few years after those quotes.

During their era, it was good to 'pay yourself first'. It was good to really save. Money was real money. It was backed by a real asset. I mean ancient Babylonians used real money and did business with real money.

However, in 1971 the rule of money changed all over the world.  Money became essentially debt. Garbage. Trash!!!

I tell people today, if you follow those advise you might arrive at your journey no doubt, but it might take you many many years to get there. And you might not live to enjoy the whole discipline. Who knows how long one might be alive?

You deprived yourself of so many things only do enjoy your life at old age or if you are no more alive, your heirs to use. Can you trust they will use it as wise as you did?? Check history on that to find out first!!!

Am sure Clason and Winston wouldn't give such advice today. It was good for their time. It's a dangerous advice for us today.

As long as this guys ( governments) can always just print money from thin air, at will, it doesn't make any sense to save money.

People think inflation is lack of money.

Inflation is too much money chasing too little goods.

As long as this guys kee printing excess money anytime they like, your paper money will keep loosing money. 

You can't build wealth fast enough on a savings plan. Infact, you can't save enough to build wealth. This guys are causing inflation at such faster rate than your savings can amount to anything.

You don't need the discipline of savings. You don't need the discipline of thrift.

Am not saying to just squander money at will. That's not the point here. That is really bad, and one sure way to poverty. Yeah!!

Save 5million to buy in property in 4 years time. When it's that time, your 5million might not buy the same property no more. It might need about two to tens more, mostly because of inflation. Of cause,we have to put other factors constant here just to make the point clearer.

So not saving is good for your money. Not paying yourself first is good for your finance.

I had to use property because it's what is mostly common now. You get all this sales agents selling you on this idea of inflation and why you should buy their property now. Nothing wrong with what they do. Man has to work his work. Na hustle we all dey!!!

Financial advisers, planners and brokers also do the same thing with stocks, bonds, and the rest. They tell you to buy early and invest for the long term.

But you don't notice something!!  So let me help you see it.

They make CASHFLOW and immediate profit from their sales pitch even before you make a dime. Then they tell you to wait till the property or stocks appreciates in value ( Gosh! Do you know when?)

Most of them don't even buy what they are selling you.

They all want 'cashflow' first and so sell you 'capital gains'. They aren't making their own money off inflation this time. They are making it off you.

So what does this tell you?? It tells you what is most important in investing and to your finance, which is 'cashflow'.

You will simply make smarter investment decisions when you focus more on cashflow ( creating reoccurrent monthly income), and less on capital appreciation (from inflation).

Think of investing in terms of making recurrent montly income first and then only invest in assets that give that.

I have seen people who own landed properties, invested in stocks etc but can't feed their family properly. Always having money issues.

You don't want to be like this.

Capital appreciation is important. But make cashflow your primary investment focus.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Invest In Cryptocurrency? / Please Where In This Business Section Can Someone Make Money Whatsapp 0817109644 / Know The Next Coin To Pump Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.