Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Former Green Eagles Captain, Olajide Dies At 76 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Former Green Eagles Captain, Olajide Dies At 76 (717 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Chinese Grandma Is A Sensational Basketball Player At 76 Years(pix) / 'I Was Not Good Enough For Green Eagles' - John Fash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Green Eagles Captain, Olajide Dies At 76 by aloyemeka2: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=14pt]Former Green Eagles captain, Olajide dies at 76[/size]
on AUGUST 26, 2011 · in SPORTS

Former captain of the thennational team, Green Eagles Abiodu Olajide died Tuesday, August 23, 2011 in Lagos after a protracted illness.

The body of the former international was deposited at the General Hospital mortuary in the Isolo area of Lagos.

The late Olajide doubled as skipper of the defunct Nigeria Railways Football Club, a.k.a. The Old Reliables and the national team in the late 1970s and early 80s.

A former team mate of the fallen hero, Paul Hamilton said, “Abiodun had been bedridden for long. He was first blind before the long ailment which eventually saw to his demise.”Hamilton said the late Abiodun Lajide “was a gentleman and a fine footballer. Nigeria has lost yet another gem from the football family.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/former-green-eagles-captain-olajide-dies-at-76/
Re: Former Green Eagles Captain, Olajide Dies At 76 by medjai(m): 11:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
May his soul R.I.P

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ghana / Shooting Stars Disbanded By Government Due To Mounting Financial Bills / Sex At The Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.