Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares (308 Views)

Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events / Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Northern Group Declares / Setback For Atiku As Yar Adua’s Group Declares Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by Gentino(m): 7:24am On Dec 12, 2022
Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares

A group of northerners, led by Prof Usman Yusuf, former chairman of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Mahdi Shehu and Ladan Salihu of Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) have said it is suicidal and destructive allowing the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to return to power in 2023.

The declaration was made by the group, Northern Awareness Initiative, on Sunday in Kano at a press conference, saying the same will take place all over the north in subsequent days to educate the grassroots on the need to vote out the ruling APC.

The group also condemned the APC-led Federal Government for leading over 130 million Nigerians into poverty in the last eight years, sighting the records by Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

They further mentioned neglect of 20 million out-of-school children.

“The present administration told us eight years ago that they want to fight corruptiom, they want to secure this nation and they want to improve the economy, all they have done so far is the opposite.

“I am from Katsina; one third of my state is under seige by bandits. We have never seen IDPs in Katsina until this government came in. My state capital is filled up with IDPs.

“We gave President Buhari 1.2 million votes in the last elections, what have we to show for it? Death and destruction.

“Kano gave him 1.8 million votes, what do you have to show for it? The whole of the north has nothing to show for the eight years of the APC rule.

“In recent years we have not seen as much poverty as we have seen today.

“The National Bureau of Statistics said 133 million Nigerians are now in multidimensional poverty.

“We have never seen that, we have come to a time when the President himself is blaming the governors for poverty.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we did not give him this presidency to blame anybody else. Now that the game is over, you are blamie somebody else?

“They have failed, the APC government has failed.

“Fighting corruption; we have seen a lot more corruption cases under this government.

“He has not fought corruption, he has not improved the economy, the economy is worse and where we are today, insecurity is the worst ever in our life time.

“We are, therefore, educating our people that it is going to be suicidal for people to vote APC to power again,” Prof Yusuf declared.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/returning-apc-to-power-suicidal-northern-awareness/amp/

1 Like

Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by ebuk4real(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2022

E go shock them.. No worry, it's just two months to go...

Useless agbado urchins

1 Like

Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by Aufbauh(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2022
I can hear the voice of some inconsequential northern group but also see the hand of Atiku in the background.

PrinceOfLagos:

When last did you treated malaria ?

I thought this pretentious and confused Ipobian will avoid me for his mental health.

I can smell confusion from your statement as you seems to prefer Atiku but rather rooting for Obi cos of ur tribal affinity.
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by BigSarah(f): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2022
Aufbauh:
Atiku money is making waves

APC failures at federal making waves, Atiku has been there before in a democratic setting, he can't make a rookie mistake
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by God1000(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2022
Suffering and smiling nigerians are still going to do that
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by WibusJaga: 7:37am On Dec 12, 2022

Tribal/Party Sentiments has blinded some people from seeing this clear hand-writing on the wall.
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by PrinceOfLagos: 7:37am On Dec 12, 2022
Aufbauh:
I can hear the voice of some inconsequential northern group but also see the hand of Atiku in the background.
When last did you treated malaria ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by another1: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2022
Supported
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by JASONjnr(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2022
Returning APC to power is more than suicidal....This is us killing ourselves with the poison we creates ....

We got deceived and now we say, our Mumu don do....Oya pack your Kaya and move to wherever you surface from....
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by fuckJones(f): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2022
There is no difference between those who think Obi will win and those who believed India beat Nigeria 99:1
Re: Returning APC To Power Suicidal – Powerful Northern Group Declares by Tenses: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2022
So Sir, you mean all urchins are on suicide mission?

(1) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke Unveils Revenue And Solid Mineral Sector Reforms / Okada Riders In Lagos Reject Tinubu And Atiku In Lagos Election Poll / “Next Youth President" - Reality Show: 36 States, FCT Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.