Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi (36274 Views)

2023: Ganduje, Okowa, Ikpeazu, Ortom, Wike Others In Succession Crisis / Konshisha Crisis: Ortom Apologizes To Families Of Slain Soldiers / Fears As S-east Govs Shun Atiku’s Installation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Latestreport1: 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3wTJwixjY

Mr Abubakar whose presidential campaign is billed to hold in Nasarawa State on Monday decided to fly to Benue because he could not secure a landing clearance in Nasarawa.

About 20 minutes to his arrival, Governor Ortom arrived at the Airport and many thought he was there to receive the PDP presidential candidate.

However, about five minutes later, the PDP vice presidential candidate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State landed at the Airport, and he exchanged pleasantries with Governor Ortom.

The latter was heard asking “So, you people will come to my state without telling me?”

Moments later, a jet landed and Governor Ortom swiftly moved towards it to receive the person or persons aboard, it turned out to be Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State.

The governors hugged and exchanged pleasantries and without wasting time, the two men entered their vehicle and zoomed off.

Twenty minutes later, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar arrived at the Makurdi Airport alongside members of the Presidential Campaign Council and the PDP national chairman.

He was only received by Governor Okowa and other party members, the absence of Ortom and Wike, a strong indication that the rift remains far from over.

This incident comes a day after Atiku Abubakar said he has met with Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to resolve the lingering crisis within the party without any way forward.

Speaking on Sunday during at the People’s Townhall, Atiku said “I have met Wike two times in Port Harcourt, two times in Abuja, one time in London, personally.”

“It is not on my part; it is on the other side; I am waiting for him,” he said, without revealing the kernel of his discussions with the Rivers governor.

Atiku was on the programme alongside his running mate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa.

Wike’s 2023 presidential ambition was terminated when he lost the PDP’s primary to Atiku in May. Atiku, a former Vice President later stung Wike when he passed over his closest rival at the primary and chose Okowa as his running mate.

The Rivers State governor has since been at loggerheads with PDP presidential candidate (Atiku) over the chairmanship of Iyorchia Ayu. Wike with four other PDP governors known as the G5 or the Integrity Group have insisted that Benue-born Ayu must step down for a southerner as a precondition to support the 2023 ambition of Atiku.

Last month, Wike promised logistics support for the campaigns of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi; and his New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

While Wike and his allies have not been seen to campaign for Atiku, it is not clear whether they will support Obi, Kwankwaso or APC’s Bola Tinubu in the contest for Aso Rock’s top job.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/12/pdp-crisis-ortom-wike-shun-atiku-in-makurdi/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by WonderManly(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mtcheewww... His just Minority.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by vacanci: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; / Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Vote4Obi: 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
WonderManly:
Mtcheewww... His just Minority.

Minority or not, without the g5 governors, Atiku is just wasting his time!

156 Likes 11 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Chinonye2022(m): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Vote4Obi:

Minority or not, without the g5 governors, Atiku is just wasting his time!
hypocrite but u forgot to know that no South East governor is backing Obi

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by youngbabaj(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
Wetin concern Anambra boy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by realstars: 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Wike's political carrear will soon end with pride.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by WonderManly(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Sit down there...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Gebala(m): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Chinonye2022:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by HeadNigga: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
If they shun him it should not be news any longer. That is very normal now.

Report when they attend atiku's rally

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by beautyhd: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Nawaooo

Atiku didn’t do well at all, how can he be landing in a state of a fellow party man who is the present governor and not inform him before hand.

He deserved the show of shame he received as they both (Wike and Ortom) Ignored him.

If Wike were to be a woman, he go sabi keep malice well.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by BestMan001: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Sorry grin
Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by unclejb2(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku is relocating to Dubai permanently next year after the election

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Indispensable85(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku has lost this election already

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Offpoint1: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
Anything that will contribute to the victory of Peter Obi... it's welcome by me.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by GoooodHardDick: 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
Obi is a threat to us, Atiku cannot win - APC spokesman

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Kingpele(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Sweet karma ..Atiku left PDP in 2015 because he thought it was the turn of the North for another four years since yaradua from North died in office he frustrated gej out of power with his cronies that left PDP to APC ,now incidentally buharia from the same state with yaradua is about to complete 8years of the northern turn ,this same thief believes that power should remain in the North..thereby committing the same injustice he fought in 2015..what a greedy hypocrite..it is the turn of the south and in the south it is the turn of south east to produce the president of this Country..for justice and equity

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Reporting34(f): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Please everyone don't mind this fraudsters Anthony okeke is back with a full forces to continue scamming Nairaland people with the same format he has always been using, so just check the format oloriburuku man is still using to defraud a lot of people's here on Nairaland just be aware not to be scam

Please dear everyone, please forgive me for posting this, if I can help myself I won't be begging. I am seeking assistance from well meaning Nigerians to help save my life. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith , am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In August of 2021 I fell very sick and was rush to the hospital by my neighbour. Doctor said that I will have to be admitted because by the time that they have prescribed several drugs for me, my hands and both of my legs has developed rashes and started to swell up. The swelling got worst and more severe as time went by, eventually leading to multiple skin ulcers. Preliminary results shows that I was diagnosed with blood infection. I also urgently require prolonged sore Management with Vacuum Assisted Closure Device and skin graft to help regain my normal life again but unfortunately I can't treat myself because I don't have enough on me. Doctor said the procedure will require 1.3million Naira to give me my life back and so far I've been able to raise only 300 thousand with the help of my friends and some kind hearted well wishers who have taken pity for me in the past few months. Pleas sirs and ma's, am an orphan both my parents are late. I have been trying every possible best to raise the remainder to no avail. I don't have any property to sell again and I cannot work in this my condition pls I beg of you, I can't even look after my 2 years old son, that's why am pleading with any well meaning person pls

Don't even send a penny to this fraudsters

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by eedimo(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Chinonye2022:
Reserve your energy my dear.
The comment is not worth your reaction.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by femtex007(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Their problem

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by olaboy33(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
One would think Atiku would leave no stone unturned as this is his last chance to the presidency.
Bet he knows there is no point removing Ayu, as the demands will continue.

The G5 agitation is not just about Ayu, but how he stole what should have gone to the South.

Only one man stands to gain from all these by the way.
Infiltrating the opposition and keeping them is disarray is the strategy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by JAMO84: 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
PDP has 4 factions:

1. PDP headquarters led by Atiku

2. SE Branch office led by Obi

3. SS Branch office led by Wike

4. North West Branch office led by Kwankwaso

Those 4 will share all the PDP traditional and new votes. The Jagaban will just stroll into Aso Rock and develop Nigeria like he developed Lagos.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by eedimo(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Confuse G5
We are a political entity, let them take a stand or go on political exile.

You claim to be a super power, yet you were defeated in your party's primaries and not just that, your existence wasn't of importance when they were searching for a running mate grin

Atiku is still using his spare time to negotiate with him because he wants to " fulfill all righteousness".

Wike should ask Ayo Fayose if he will still become relevant after may 29.

I would have typed more words but let me respond to the first person who is going to proof that he is a bastard in the name of qouting.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Ruggedniggaone: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
They are inconsequential all te important politicians in Benue are working for Atiku victory with or without ortorm and wike Atiku victory is sure

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by zinaunreal(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Dead party

Dead on arrival
Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by Ladiesdoctor(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku will win the 2023 Presidential election

North have already prepared Atiku swearing-in speech.

Wike and Ortom attitudes is making Atiku to become more popular to the northerners.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by kennyz247(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Wike and his foolishness no get part two...
I'm sure they still mend things right together..
at this juncture,Wike and the 4g has no option than PDP
Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by sleek214(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Who cares?
Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by blamingthedevil: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

God punish Atiku and Peter Obi...IPOB sympathizers

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Ortom, Wike Shun Atiku In Makurdi by 1gbdata: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
Good for Obi

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Alerts Nigerians On New ISIS Strategy / Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, Others Clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd Oil Lifting Deal / New Infrastructures Constructed By Abia State Government (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.