Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,668 members, 7,862,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note (408 Views)

New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Lagos Rats Are Demonic - Man Cries Out After Rodents Eat Up His Stash Naira note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by peteregwu(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
That's just where my interest is. If the new naira note still retain the Arabic inscription, then I would still see this country as jokers in the area if unity.
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by falcon01: 8:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Arabic is a form of writing Hausa way before western Civilization.
نير is Naira in Hausa but written with Arab also called Ajami. The 'N' is 'Nun' the 'ai' is 'Ya' the 'Ra' is 'Ra'un' you ignorant fool!

1 Like

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Maazieze(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
I hope they add Nsibidi
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Softmirror: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
falcon01:
نير is Naira in Hausa but written with Arab also called Ajami. The 'N' is 'Nun' the 'ai' is 'Ya' the 'Ra' is 'Ra'un' you ignorant fool!

DON'T MIND THE EDUCATED ILLITERATE.

1 Like

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by peteregwu(m): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
falcon01:

Nigeria was not colonized by any Arab countries. English should be what should be used on any of our Naira notes and not Arabic. Why not we add Hebrew writings as well...
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Natbrowny: 9:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
falcon01:

I knw about Ajami but look how u explained to someone who doesnt understand a shit about the nun and ya and ra'un u r saying. Is ajami taught in schools for others to understand? No.

It wrong 2 use ajami. Write it in ABC format people can knw.

Naira dari
Naira goma
Naira biyar

Calling him an ignorant fool makes u a scumbag.
And all wat u typed up there is still BULLSHIT in today's world. Ajami kill u there..

1 Like

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Finneseguy1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Natbrowny:

I knw about Ajami but look how u explained to someone who doesnt understand a shit about the nun and ya and ra'un u r saying. Is ajami taught in schools for others to understand? No.

Naira dari
Naira goma
Naira biyar

And all wat u typed up there is still BULLSHIT in today's world. Ajami kill u there..

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by falcon01: 6:18am On Dec 13, 2022
Natbrowny:

Naira dari
Naira goma
Naira biyar

The ajami system came before the ABC format, I'm currently in the North and I will tell you this alot of people especially elderly ones write in ajami and barely understand the ABC format. You don't expect something to be terminated when there are still people who use it. And yes I called him an Ignorant fool because we know where he was heading with his statement. It all boils down to Islam this Islam that! He's a damn douchebag and same applies to you for saying "Is ajami taught in schools for others to understand? No" Because before the ABC, the north where using the Ajami and some only understand it. Wait for those who understand it to perish before you end the type of writing.

1 Like

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by falcon01: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2022
peteregwu:

Nigeria was not colonized by any Arab countries. English should be what should be used on any of our Naira notes and not Arabic. Why not we add Hebrew writings as well...
Northern Nigeria was colonised by Arab, that is why Nigeria can't do without Hausa people! The Arabs where here first! The Europeans knew that, they met Arabic Civilizations and aerucation in the north, so basically they had to come with an agreement to share the countries between themselves because one part needs the other! And look where we are confused and fighting. Wished non of them ever came.

Why not we add Hebrew writings as well.
Why? Was the white man using Hebrew when he colonized your ancestors ? He came with his education (ABC format) and religion (Christianity) just like the Arab man (Ajami format) and (Islam)
i have to modify this, its the north that even loose, they had to abandon their own type of education to embrace The western education, something they've been doing for years and almost perfected. Those calling the northerners illiterates should know they abandoned their type of education they've been doing for years to embrace the western education. English isn't their second Language English is a third language to them, there is Hausa, Arabic then English. You think if western Civilization spread in Nigeria at the same time you can call them illiterates?
English should be what is used in our Naira notes
That can be done maybe in 50 years coming because there are people in the north who still use that form of writing, everything is a gradual process The writing isn't religious its a source of communication. Maybe it has alteady been removed from the new notes, it's still all good but Y’all are complainig about the Arabic inscription because of the hatred you have for Islam. It's too much, yeah I get it there are things done in the name of the religion which are very bad but with time things can be changed with education and enlightenment, remember there was a time Christianity was unbelievably brutal, that was during the dark ages but with time there was progress. Everything takes time.
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by dettolgel: 6:42am On Dec 13, 2022
falcon01:

Before Islam got to hausa land how were the locals writing their language? grin
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by falcon01: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2022
dettolgel:

Before Islam got to hausa land how were the original writing their language? grin
The Hausa Culture has unfortunately been wiped out, nothing was left except for the ones passed out through survivor's. During The jihad of Usman bin fodio, after taking over a city, everything relating to education and culture was burnt down by him and his army and he Usman bin Fodio will crown one of his brother a Fulani man as a king in that City, that way nothing was left for the future generations to know about their past. That's why every kong in the north is a Fulani man despite the hausa having 70:30 of the population. So in simple terms we don't know the writing the north use before Islam it is gone, burnt and forgotten, You can't even know the origin of Hausa people, you don't know where they come from. You can make your own research.
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Natbrowny: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2022
falcon01:

The ajami system came before the ABC format, I'm currently in the North and I will tell you this alot of people especially elderly ones write in ajami and barely understand the ABC format. You don't expect something to be terminated when there are still people who use it. And yes I called him an Ignorant fool because we know where he was heading with his statement. It all boils down to Islam this Islam that! He's a damn douchebag and same applies to you for saying "Is ajami taught in schools for others to understand? No" Because before the ABC, the north where using the Ajami and some only understand it. Wait for those who understand it to perish before you end the type of writing.

I accept been a douchebag. grin grin cheesy.

U live in the north yen yen yen. Where exactly in the north have u been or stayed? Tell us.

So many people in the north cant read ajami, so many northerners cant. Tested and Trusted.

U expect only northerners to understand the writings and not other non northerners stayin n living there. So much for ur enlightenment.

U see why people complain. When somtin is urs and u dnt want others to learn. So if its nt taught in school, how do u expect a non northerner to learn it and knw it.

Same issues with arabic language.

Our Arabic language taught in Nigerian school is been taught as a religion instead of a language.

In french that we are taught. We knw good morning, happy anniversary, good night, how are you, have a good day, and other simple ways to communicate.

In Nigeria, our Arabic is taught as a religion not as a language.

Witout using Google. How many northerners can tell me these things in arabic clearly.

Good morning
Good night
How are you etc in arabic language oo. But no, only to learn Quran with it. Its wrong.
In spain, spaniards understand Arabic normal language coz of closeness to an arabic african nation. They need it to communicate for trade n business, same way d arab nation understand spanish too.

Can many people even in the North understand arabic as a language not as religion. Ask ursef

1 Like

Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Parachoko: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2022
falcon01:
Northern Nigeria was colonised by Arab, that is why Nigeria can't do without Hausa people!
What do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by falcon01: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2022
Parachoko:
What do you mean by the bolded?
That Might have came out wrong! What I mean is One region needs the other.
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Parachoko: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
falcon01:
That Might have came out wrong! What I mean is One region needs the other.
Okay!

I agree

We have come a long way together, is better we find a way to make the union work.
Re: Hope The Arabic Writings Won't Surface On The new Naira Note by Softmirror: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2022
peteregwu:

HOW DID THE ARABIC CAME ABOUT, WAS THE ARABS WHO DIDN'T COLONIZE NIGERIA RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARABIC INSCRIPTION? BELOW IS A CURRENCY BEFORE NIGERIA GOT HER INDEPENDENCE FROM BRITAIN.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales. 1.5hp Royal Ac / Please How Can I Send Money To Ghana? / Wema ALAT NIN Linking Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.