Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Are Mosquitoes Really More Attracted To Certain People? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are Mosquitoes Really More Attracted To Certain People? (203 Views)

Bill Gates Reveals Why He Really, Really Hates Mosquitoes / 5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Mosquitoes Really More Attracted To Certain People? by Jaxmuneer(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2022
One of the plaques we have in Africa is different species of mosquitoes. Lord, those creatures do bite!
When I was younger, I thought it was just a myth that some people attract mosquitoes more than others but as I grew older and went through school, I understood it wasn't just a tale by the moonlight. It is in fact, scientifically proven.

You've probably heard of "sweet blood," which refers to people who fervently believe that mosquitoes just bite and leave them alone. They're right!

You should be aware that blood-sucking anopheles mosquitoes are females, first and foremost. They do this because blood is necessary for the growth of their eggs. The nectar of flowers is what the males eat.

Here are 8 reasons why some people may attract mosquitoes while others do not.

1. Color of your cloth
Although the actual reason for this is unknown, research has shown that dark colors are attractive to mosquitoes. Thus, wearing dark clothing at night may appeal to mosquitoes.

2. You’re pregnant
It has been demonstrated that pregnant ladies are more attractive to mosquitoes than non-pregnant women. They may produce more carbon dioxide and have higher body temperatures than others, which could explain this. It leads to our following point

3. Heat and Body Odor
Some substances can be detected by mosquitoes up to 50 meters away. They are drawn to heat, as well as some substances on our skin, such as uric acid, which is produced when proteins are broken down and can be particularly alluring to mosquitoes. Additionally, certain people have higher levels of steroids in their sweat and.........Read More https://www.thejaxtalk.com/2022/11/are-mosquitoes-really-more-attracted-to.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Treat Insomnia Naturally / Best Posture Correctors For Women / Cornsilk Tea Or Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.