Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? (20194 Views)

El-Rufai, Bello: Onokpasa Jesutega Slams APC Members Over "Dumping Of Allies" / Head Of Tinubu Media Support, Onokpes Jesutega Blasts EFCC Over Bello / Rufai Oseni Clashes With Jesutega Onokpasa On Live TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
Great leaders lead...they don't test the wind before moving. That was why GEJ was a monumental failure. We need leaders to follow. Rwanda voted for a leader. Russia voted for a leader. If you think Tinubu thinks highly of himself, well that is your opinion. If I have done half of what he did for Nigeria, I would feel the same way too. Most people don't realize that Tinubu support groups are often headed by one or few people spending their own money to fuel his campaign. Talk about people that believe in his candidacy and in the man...I am happy to say that I have made 3 donations already, and I am still TESTING THE MIC. February will be LOUD.

Mr. Man, what has Tinubu done for Nigeria that the like of Sowore, Ojudu, Soyinka, Kola Abiola, Agbakogba, Ayo Obe, Falana have not done ten time above him but these people never carry themselves above the nation? These and more people that tasted prison because of democracy to be restore in Nigeria but have you seen any of them making boast of it, even Sowore that is contesting doesn't even make joke of it.
Well, I won't blame Tinubu totally, I only blame his supporters because I have not heard where Tinubu make boast that he has done this or that for Nigeria, if not his supporters that is placing him beyond what he is not. Even families that fought for the independence of the country doesn't make boast of it.
You guys need to come down from your high horses and know you can't be bigger than the nation you want to lead or be wiser than the people you want to lead.
Go back to history class and you will be taught what you don't know. The owner of ariseTV has been in forefront of fighting for the course of this nation before Tinubu even thought of joining politics. Everything Tinubu did was to his favour because the military rule aborted their services as a senator and he ran outside the country to go and establish Radio Kudirat which he used as an attack to the military rule, which is the same thing Nnamdi Kanu did. So his activity then, can be liken to Kanu's activity today, why people like Sowore, Ojudu, Soyinka, Kola Abiola, Agbakogba, Ayo Obe, Falana were beaten, battered, and molested to the prison.
Please can you tell me any prison that Tinubu was held for a minute for the course of Nigeria. None. But you people would want to use wool to cover our eyes while those that really suffered for the democratic restoration between 1993 -1999 doesn't claim any right.
If you people think you can push people to submission by the regular attack on the people because they talk against Tinubu, it won't work because all of us cannot sleep and put our heads in one place, says Yoruba adage.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by MasterTeeUSA: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
I do not plan to argue...but know this and know peace. The greatest achievement a leader can do is to create or inspire greater leadership in others. The memories of MLK Jr, Kennedys and so on is not in their own personal achievement, but in what they made other people become and contribute. This is where you all miss it. Name one politician that has touched many lives and created many leaders in this dispensation, and ONLY one name stands out. Most of Tinubu's rallies are paid and sponsored by just one or a few people that believe in him. People think its his money that he is spending. Do you know how much wealth the revitalization of Lekki has brought into Nigeria? Anyways, I expect you to say that the Military developed Lekki Penisula as well. You have a blessed day

IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, what has Tinubu done for Nigeria that the like of Sowore, Ojudu, Soyinka, Kola Abiola, Agbakogba, Ayo Obe, Falana have not done ten time above him but these people never carry themselves above the nation? These and more people that tasted prison because of democracy to be restore in Nigeria but have you seen any of them making boast of it, even Sowore that is contesting doesn't even make joke of it.
Well, I won't blame Tinubu totally, I only blame his supporters because I have not heard where Tinubu make boast that he has done this or that for Nigeria, if not his supporters that is placing him beyond what he is not. Even families that fought for the independence of the country doesn't make boast of it.
You guys need to come down from your high horses and know you can't be bigger than the nation you want to lead or be wiser than the people you want to lead.
Go back to history class and you will be taught what you don't know. The owner of ariseTV has been in forefront of fighting for the course of this nation before Tinubu even thought of joining politics. Everything Tinubu did was to his favour because the military rule aborted their services as a senator and he ran outside the country to go and establish Radio Kudirat which he used as an attack to the military rule, which is the same thing Nnamdi Kanu did. So his activity then, can be liken to Kanu's activity today, why people like Sowore, Ojudu, Soyinka, Kola Abiola, Agbakogba, Ayo Obe, Falana were beaten, battered, and molested to the prison.
Please can you tell me any prison that Tinubu was held for a minute for the course of Nigeria. None. But you people would want to use wool to cover our eyes while those that really suffered for the democratic restoration between 1993 -1999 doesn't claim any right.
If you people think you can push people to submission by the regular attack on the people because they talk against Tinubu, it won't work because all of us cannot sleep and put our heads in one place, says Yoruba adage.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
MasterTeeUSA:
I do not plan to argue...but know this and know peace. The greatest achievement a leader can do is to create or inspire greater leadership in others. The memories of MLK Jr, Kennedys and so on is not in their own personal achievement, but in what they made other people become and contribute. This is where you all miss it. Name one politician that has touched many lives and created many leaders in this dispensation, and ONLY one name stands out. Most of Tinubu's rallies are paid and sponsored by just one or a few people that believe in him. People think its his money that he is spending. Do you know how much wealth the revitalization of Lekki has brought into Nigeria? Anyways, I expect you to say that the Military developed Lekki Penisula as well. You have a blessed day

I think you're missing grooming (mentorship) to placing of people to strategic places for political gain. Until you tell me one person that Tinubu mentored from nobody to somebody, before I take you serious. Everybody that are working with Tinubu are people that are living in their comfort zone before joining politics. Is it Osinbajo who is already a Prof and a head of his department as at 1999? Is it Fashola, a SAN and a reputable lawyer? Is it Gbajabiamila that has already been practicing outside as a solicitor before coming into politics? Is it Ambode, a renowned accountant with his own firm? Is it Aregbesola, an Engineer that earned him a commissioner for Works under same Tinubu? Is it Alake or Bayo Onanuga kno n before Tinubu joined politics, men that fought military hands down with their journalism, name them, they are men and women that have cut bites in their respective profession before meeting Tinubu. He only placed them for his own benefits.
Tell me how many people John Kennedy placed in political positions in his life time and refused to release the string from them.
A mentor doesn't look for gratification or return from the mentee, except the mentee thought it wise to pay back the good did to him.
From Tinubu's words, you will know everyone he placed in political positions, he was expecting them to pay him back, when he says, it is my turn and I have backed them enough. Emilokan, mo ti po awon omo won oti to emi lokan.
He truly has a target and that was why he fights tooth and nail against anything that will not let it work.
We knew how he fought Fashola against second term. We knew how he fought Ambode second term. We knew how he fought Saraki not to be Senate president. We knew how he fought Aregbesola not to chose his own successor that linger till date. We knew how he caused friction between Amosun and Dapo. We knew how he did same between Lai Mohammed and Ramoni. Taking side with Ramoni because he knew Lai cannot give him what he needed and thereby broken their years of friendship for his personal ambition.
Tinubu has not done anything that will not favour him directly or indirectly. We know those that are grooming people for the good of the land and not for self.
Tell me what he has done that is not for his self.
Democracy does not allow a person placing people in position, it is the people that decides who and who should be in positions. His type of politics is not democracy but autocracy. It is the same act they are exhibiting today to gag the press, that the press must not talk about Tinubu because he is the alpha and Omega of Nigeria.
This is the first time, a presidential candidate will want to dictate to the press, how he want to be call out and some of you are comfortable with that. As power as America is and ferrous as Trump is, Trump could not gag the press, they always place him where he belongs but in Nigeria, he want to make a person bigger than the whole nation because of his self ambition. I pray such seed should not germinate.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by JoeNL22(m): 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2022
emkz:

On live TV, Rufai Oseni insisted Bola Tinubu must attend the Arise townhall series, until Abati corrected him that he doesn't have to as there is no law backing it.

I think the online praise Rufai receives when his fans say Tinubu must present himself to be interviewed by him gets into his head. Arise was even blackmailing Tinubu to attend their townhall by using his picture to sell the townhall meeting when he had already told them he wouldn't attend.

After Tinubu's interview with BBC and Chatam House discussion, it eclipsed the Arise townhall held the night before, despite the latter hosting three leading Presidential candidates. Even Charles Aniagolu of Arise criticized Tinubu's BBC interview, meaning Arise would never be satisfied with anything Tinubu does until they dictate the pace.

This is where many don't get it. Arise is doing PR for PDP and have historically collected money for image laundering for PDP. We even heard of some ThisDay journalists who take contracts from PDP agents and rogue businessmen to give them positive press coverage.

The average Nigerian doesn't know that it is business for the owner of Arise News/ThisDay, but naively think that Arise/ThisDay/Rufai is pro-masses. Think about it, the interview Atiku granted to Arise was a strategic marketing stunt for Atiku by Arise. Atiku was not speaking sensibly and Reuben and Tundun were not asking follow-up questions. Of course they didn't take Rufai with them because he gets callously emotional and starts arguing with guests like a child.

Finally, a Presidential candidate should learn how to use the media. Peter Obi appeared in so many media houses and is now fatigued. Tinubu will speak when it is least expected, and that interview may even change the narrative. It may be few days to the elections. As a leader, you don't do popular things or pander to things/feelings when people want you to. You do them at the appropriate time for maximum effect. Tinubu will take the gauntlet and strike when the other candidates are fatigued, and it would be so good that the other candidates may not have sufficient time to get back into the fray.

Tinubu won't speak at all. If he doesn't talk now. He can't & won't talk later. Tinubu would rather do a live Q&A in the uk than to do it in a country he wants to govern. Such an individual cannot and will not be president of this country.

1 Like

Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 6:24am On Dec 16, 2022
emkz:

On live TV, Rufai Oseni insisted Bola Tinubu must attend the Arise townhall series, until Abati corrected him that he doesn't have to as there is no law backing it.

I think the online praise Rufai receives when his fans say Tinubu must present himself to be interviewed by him gets into his head. Arise was even blackmailing Tinubu to attend their townhall by using his picture to sell the townhall meeting when he had already told them he wouldn't attend.

After Tinubu's interview with BBC and Chatam House discussion, it eclipsed the Arise townhall held the night before, despite the latter hosting three leading Presidential candidates. Even Charles Aniagolu of Arise criticized Tinubu's BBC interview, meaning Arise would never be satisfied with anything Tinubu does until they dictate the pace.

This is where many don't get it. Arise is doing PR for PDP and have historically collected money for image laundering for PDP. We even heard of some ThisDay journalists who take contracts from PDP agents and rogue businessmen to give them positive press coverage.

The average Nigerian doesn't know that it is business for the owner of Arise News/ThisDay, but naively think that Arise/ThisDay/Rufai is pro-masses. Think about it, the interview Atiku granted to Arise was a strategic marketing stunt for Atiku by Arise. Atiku was not speaking sensibly and Reuben and Tundun were not asking follow-up questions. Of course they didn't take Rufai with them because he gets callously emotional and starts arguing with guests like a child.

Finally, a Presidential candidate should learn how to use the media. Peter Obi appeared in so many media houses and is now fatigued. Tinubu will speak when it is least expected, and that interview may even change the narrative. It may be few days to the elections. As a leader, you don't do popular things or pander to things/feelings when people want you to. You do them at the appropriate time for maximum effect. Tinubu will take the gauntlet and strike when the other candidates are fatigued, and it would be so good that the other candidates may not have sufficient time to get back into the fray.

Some of you will just talk for talking sake. Please what is business in a TV station doing his constitutional rule? The constitution empowers media to hold accountable leaders and aspiring leaders both in public and private life.
Have you sat down to ask yourself why did same Tinubu declined the invitation from NTA, ChannelsTV, ICAN and even from private citizen, Kadaria. That is also a business to you. You people need to fear God, if you don't even fear those he created.
Is it today TV stations have been calling out candidates across board in an electioneering season? Why is Tinubu camp making this season exception and trying to gag them. Think!
You also claimed, Peter Obi is fatigue because he granted too much interview. Please do you have meeting with him and he told you he is fatigue? Have you call him for an interview and he declined it? Have they call him anywhere and he say know? Why not just stay within your boundaries and stop saying what you don't know. Today I am sure of ten stations request for Peter Obi presence, he would be there and same with other candidates.
If Tinubu doesn't have what he is hiding, why running away from debating with other candidates but he wants to be the one that want to choose where to be interview per time and someone like you is comfortable with that. That is a sign of autocratic tendency brewing and if not quickly tamed, Nigeria will be in for a big issue. A man that want to serve people but want to be the one to tell them how he want to be questioned. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
You even scatter the whole thing by your comment. "Tinubu will speak when it is least expected, and that interview may even change the narrative. It may be few days to the elections. As a leader, you don't do popular things or pander to things/feelings when people want you to. You do them at the appropriate time for maximum effect. Tinubu will take the gauntlet and strike when the other candidates are fatigued, and it would be so good that the other candidates may not have sufficient time to get back into the fray".
He would speak when it is lease expected. What mess comment is this? If you know the implication of this your comment, you will be ashamed of yourself and the country. What you're saying invariably is that Tinubu can be control by the same very people he wants to serve. He must do everything by his own. He has not become a president yet and no one can control him, when he now becomes, we are back to Abacha regime.
Good luck to you with this kind sense of yours. We're here today when the result begin to brewing.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by emkz: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Some of you will just talk for talking sake. Please what is business in a TV station doing his constitutional rule? The constitution empowers media to hold accountable leaders and aspiring leaders both in public and private life.
Have you sat down to ask yourself why did same Tinubu declined the invitation from NTA, ChannelsTV, ICAN and even from private citizen, Kadaria. That is also a business to you. You people need to fear God, if you don't even fear those he created.
Is it today TV stations have been calling out candidates across board in an electioneering season? Why is Tinubu camp making this season exception and trying to gag them. Think!
You also claimed, Peter Obi is fatigue because he granted too much interview. Please do you have meeting with him and he told you he is fatigue? Have you call him for an interview and he declined it? Have they call him anywhere and he say know? Why not just stay within your boundaries and stop saying what you don't know. Today I am sure of ten stations request for Peter Obi presence, he would be there and same with other candidates.
If Tinubu doesn't have what he is hiding, why running away from debating with other candidates but he wants to be the one that want to choose where to be interview per time and someone like you is comfortable with that. That is a sign of autocratic tendency brewing and if not quickly tamed, Nigeria will be in for a big issue. A man that want to serve people but want to be the one to tell them how he want to be questioned. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
You even scatter the whole thing by your comment. "Tinubu will speak when it is least expected, and that interview may even change the narrative. It may be few days to the elections. As a leader, you don't do popular things or pander to things/feelings when people want you to. You do them at the appropriate time for maximum effect. Tinubu will take the gauntlet and strike when the other candidates are fatigued, and it would be so good that the other candidates may not have sufficient time to get back into the fray".
He would speak when it is lease expected. What mess comment is this? If you know the implication of this your comment, you will be ashamed of yourself and the country. What you're saying invariably is that Tinubu can be control by the same very people he wants to serve. He must do everything by his own. He has not become a president yet and no one can control him, when he now becomes, we are back to Abacha regime.
Good luck to you with this kind sense of yours. We're here today when the result begin to brewing.

I have only two questions for you:

(1) Can you show us which part of the Constitution empowers the media to hold leaders and aspiring leaders in private and public to account? Note my wording, "empowers" which is the word you used initially. Because if you read it and understand the part of the constitution you seem to want to cite, your own interpretation cannot be correct. I will show you an excerpt from an article written by Mark Ogbamosa in the Guardian:

How well can the mass media monitor governance?
A critical look at the constitution reveals that whereas the media is given the responsibility to monitor governance, it is not empowered to perform this role. For instance, Section 39 which talks about press freedom does not give freedom to the mass communication practitioner i.e. the journalist. The freedom given in that section is for ownership of the media.
https://guardian.ng/features/law/mass-media-constitutional-responsibility-without-empowerment/

(2) Can you cite case laws that empower the media to hold leaders or aspiring leaders to account?

I cannot respond to all your issues because you didn't have many specific questions. You asked me if I had asked myself why Tinubu declined invitation from Channels, NTA, etc. I believe you are aware that the APC PCC released statement sometime in November to answer this question. Direct your question or dissatisfaction to them.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/2023-why-tinubu-wont-attend-debates-keyamo/

Then my comment you posted to attack. The BBC interview by Tinubu eclipsed the interviews granted by other Presidential candidates, including their townhall hosting 3 Presidential candidates. Arise News then tried to downplay it, while pretending to want to control the narrative.

Then you say a leader should be controlled by the people. He should be controlled by the constitution and Oath of Office.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2022
emkz:

I have only two questions for you:

(1) Can you show us which part of the Constitution empowers the media to hold leaders and aspiring leaders in private and public to account? Note my wording, "empowers" which is the word you used initially. Because if you read it and understand the part of the constitution you seem to want to cite, your own interpretation cannot be correct. I will show you an excerpt from an article written by Mark Ogbamosa in the Guardian:

(2) Can you cite case laws that empower the media to hold leaders or aspiring leaders to account?

I cannot respond to all your issues because you didn't have many specific questions. You asked me if I had asked myself why Tinubu declined invitation from Channels, NTA, etc. I believe you are aware that the APC PCC released statement sometime in November to answer this question. Direct your question or dissatisfaction to them.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/2023-why-tinubu-wont-attend-debates-keyamo/

Then my comment you posted to attack. The BBC interview by Tinubu eclipsed the interviews granted by other Presidential candidates, including their townhall hosting 3 Presidential candidates. Arise News then tried to downplay it, while pretending to want to control the narrative.

Then you say a leader should be controlled by the people. He should be controlled by the constitution and Oath of Office.

If you had read carefully the same article written by Mark Ogbamosa in the Guardian, the author you quoted, "https://guardian.ng/features/law/mass-media-constitutional-responsibility-without-empowerment/"
you would have read that he quoted many authorities what they said and what a democratic setting should look like. He specifically made mentioned of Thomas Jefferson, one of the best American President thought about the press and the government and he opined thus:

"described the mass media as a more important arm of the society than the government itself. “Were it left for me to choose whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I shall not hesitate to choose the latter,” he stated.

He began by saying:
"The mass media is central to the development of any democratic society. This has been generally acknowledged in developed societies to the extent that the media has often been described as the Fourth Estate of the Realm.

I know you read the article but intentionally left out the section of the constitution that the author quoted that empowers the press to hold accountable the government.

Section 22 of the Constitution states: “The press, radio, television and other agencies of mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter (i.e. Chapter 2 of the Constitution) and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.”

Note the words, "accountability of the government to the people"
You must first ask yourself who is the government, until you know who is the government before you can understand who to hold accountable.

Government is the people while leaders are the representative of the people.

If the press on the course of during their constitutional duties of holding accountable the government and some set of people sees it as dilemma to them, invariably they are trying to gag them to submission. And it must be known that no one or set of people can be greater than Nigeria, because it is not today that the press has been calling out leaders and those aspiring to be leaders. And no one can tell me that Tinubu has two heads or more than other presidential candidates that have been attending to media calls.

If you know that you cannot answer all questions thrown at you about Tinubu, why do you take time to defend his rejection of answering media call for scrutiny? But went ahead to let us know that his interview with BCC eclipsed AriseTV presidential Townhall Meeting done same period. You even went ahead to say AriseTV and Rufai said, it is a must that Tinubu must come to their station to be interviewed. Invitation to come and be interview can not be tantamount to be a must. It is their right to invite anyone to their station and it is also the right of those invited to heed or not to heed.

However, for an aspiring or presidential candidate that respect law and order and want to uphold the constitution, it is expected of him to heed to the call of the representative of the people because it is the same people he wants to lead or govern.

You commented the below:
"Then you say a leader should be controlled by the people. He should be controlled by the constitution and Oath of Office".

Yes, I say so. Many at times the voice of reasoning always prevail over the written. Let me cite an example. SARS is a unit under police used for the protection of the people but a time came that the people revolted that they don't want and the president dissolved the unit. That's just the voice of reasoning.
Let me give another example. In 2012, Jonathan's government removed subsidy totally. The people revolted and Jonathan reverted the price. Voice of reasoning.
That is why you hear Mr. President always saying, National Security supersedes what the constitution says because you can only govern where there is peace.

As a leader the impulse of the people is very important to be observe, else the constitution you want to protect will rubbish your government.

But in this is even within the realm of the constitution and not what the people want for now because the constitution gave the press and media to call to accountability the government.

The press release released by APC PCC on why Tinubu would not grant any interview because he has his own plan and he doesn't want to go one and leave one. In your churchmind does it make sense to you, that an aspiring leader is the one choosing who to interview him and who not to interview him. You know what it portray, autocratic tendency.

In the history of our country there had never time such press release is released to debase the people, even though we've seen many times that candidates will abscond debate and interview but no time has presidential candidate or aspirant made bold to say he won't come because he has his own plan and who to interview him and what. What a bad precedence.

NTA called he declined.
ChannelTV called he declined.
ICAN called he declined.
AriseTV called he declined.
Miss Kadaria called he declined.
NBA called he declined.

Are all of them bias towards him too?
The people that say, the people deserve the type of leaders they have, are so correct.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by emkz: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
If you had read carefully the same article written by Mark Ogbamosa in the Guardian, the author you quoted, "https://guardian.ng/features/law/mass-media-constitutional-responsibility-without-empowerment/"
you would have read that he quoted many authorities what they said and what a democratic setting should look like. He specifically made mentioned of Thomas Jefferson, one of the best American President thought about the press and the government and he opined thus:

"described the mass media as a more important arm of the society than the government itself. “Were it left for me to choose whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I shall not hesitate to choose the latter,” he stated.

He began by saying:
"The mass media is central to the development of any democratic society. This has been generally acknowledged in developed societies to the extent that the media has often been described as the Fourth Estate of the Realm.

I know you read the article but intentionally left out the section of the constitution that the author quoted that empowers the press to hold accountable the government.

Section 22 of the Constitution states: “The press, radio, television and other agencies of mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter (i.e. Chapter 2 of the Constitution) and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.”

Note the words, "accountability of the government to the people"
You must first ask yourself who is the government, until you know who is the government before you can understand who to hold accountable.

Government is the people while leaders are the representative of the people.

If the press on the course of during their constitutional duties of holding accountable the government and some set of people sees it as dilemma to them, invariably they are trying to gag them to submission. And it must be known that no one or set of people can be greater than Nigeria, because it is not today that the press has been calling out leaders and those aspiring to be leaders. And no one can tell me that Tinubu has two heads or more than other presidential candidates that have been attending to media calls.

If you know that you cannot answer all questions thrown at you about Tinubu, why do you take time to defend his rejection of answering media call for scrutiny? But went ahead to let us know that his interview with BCC eclipsed AriseTV presidential Townhall Meeting done same period. You even went ahead to say AriseTV and Rufai said, it is a must that Tinubu must come to their station to be interviewed. Invitation to come and be interview can not be tantamount to be a must. It is their right to invite anyone to their station and it is also the right of those invited to heed or not to heed.

However, for an aspiring or presidential candidate that respect law and order and want to uphold the constitution, it is expected of him to heed to the call of the representative of the people because it is the same people he wants to lead or govern.

You commented the below:
"Then you say a leader should be controlled by the people. He should be controlled by the constitution and Oath of Office".

Yes, I say so. Many at times the voice of reasoning always prevail over the written. Let me cite an example. SARS is a unit under police used for the protection of the people but a time came that the people revolted that they don't want and the president dissolved the unit. That's just the voice of reasoning.
Let me give another example. In 2012, Jonathan's government removed subsidy totally. The people revolted and Jonathan reverted the price. Voice of reasoning.
That is why you hear Mr. President always saying, National Security supersedes what the constitution says because you can only govern where there is peace.

As a leader the impulse of the people is very important to be observe, else the constitution you want to protect will rubbish your government.

But in this is even within the realm of the constitution and not what the people want for now because the constitution gave the press and media to call to accountability the government.

The press release released by APC PCC on why Tinubu would not grant any interview because he has his own plan and he doesn't want to go one and leave one. In your churchmind does it make sense to you, that an aspiring leader is the one choosing who to interview him and who not to interview him. You know what it portray, autocratic tendency.

In the history of our country there had never time such press release is released to debase the people, even though we've seen many times that candidates will abscond debate and interview but no time has presidential candidate or aspirant made bold to say he won't come because he has his own plan and who to interview him and what. What a bad precedence.

NTA called he declined.
ChannelTV called he declined.
ICAN called he declined.
AriseTV called he declined.
Miss Kadaria called he declined.
NBA called he declined.

Are all of them bias towards him too?
The people that say, the people deserve the type of leaders they have, are so correct.

I asked you two questions. You didn't answer them.

I think you are probably misunderstanding me or you are being mischievous. At no point did I defend Tinubu's rejection of the media call for scrutiny. I only said a tainted organization like Arise News should not call him for that, because they are pro-PDP, which they don't hide.

I am even shocked that many of you think that Arise News represents the entire media in Nigeria. To situate things properly, when has a single broadcasting organization organized a debate or townhall in Nigeria since 1999 on its own? Now, an organization has organized one, and the man said he won't attend, they are insisting he must attend and even downplaying his other outings. They should go to court so that the court can order him to appear in their station for debate or interview.

You mentioned Channels, NTA and Kadaria Ahmed. Why are they not in conflict with the APC PCC for the refusal to present Tinubu? Why Arise carry the matter for head...because they love you? Where was this love in 2019?
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by asanausana91: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2022
emkz:
An APC member submitted an oped which appeared on PM News this evening in the current conflict between ThisDay/Arise News and the duo of Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake.

On ThisDay/Arise News:

On Rufai Oseni:

On Reuben Abati:

Back to ThisDay/Arise employees:

On Obaigbena's alleged issue with Bola Tinubu:

-Onokpasa, a lawyer and member, All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential Campaign Council, writes from Abuja.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/12/13/what-has-obaigbena-done-to-thisday-arise-tv/
when you finish your long grammar, pls just tell us the name of Tinubu primary and secondary school.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
emkz:

I asked you two questions. You didn't answer them.

I think you are probably misunderstanding me or you are being mischievous. At no point did I defend Tinubu's rejection of the media call for scrutiny. I only said a tainted organization like Arise News should not call him for that, because they are pro-PDP, which they don't hide.

I am even shocked that many of you think that Arise News represents the entire media in Nigeria. To situate things properly, when has a single broadcasting organization organized a debate or townhall in Nigeria since 1999 on its own? Now, an organization has organized one, and the man said he won't attend, they are insisting he must attend and even downplaying his other outings. They should go to court so that the court can order him to appear in their station for debate or interview.

You mentioned Channels, NTA and Kadaria Ahmed. Why are they not in conflict with the APC PCC for the refusal to present Tinubu? Why Arise carry the matter for head...because they love you? Where was this love in 2019?
You're making it look as if ariseTV is forcing him to attend their debate. I think that is far from it. They never said compulsorily or forcefully he must be at their station. No, and if you have a document or video where they said, he must compulsorily come to their studio, please bring it here. I mean statement or video from them and not lie that people circular about.
The last I checked their grouse with AriseTV is that they don't want the studio to discuss anything about Tinubu and also the refusal of AriseTV to showdown the advertorial for the Townhall Meeting with other presidential candidates invited after they had told them Tinubu will not join in the Townhall Meeting.

I never misunderstood you, the intent of your statement portrayed your mindset towards the discourse. You clearly said as I quote "After Tinubu's interview with BBC and Chatam House discussion, it eclipsed the Arise townhall held the night before, despite the latter hosting three leading Presidential candidates. Even Charles Aniagolu of Arise criticized Tinubu's BBC interview, meaning Arise would never be satisfied with anything Tinubu does until they dictate the pace".

The above means you're satisfied that Tinubu never attended it because what he did in Chatham House overwhelmed what they organized in their station. And all your defense suggest that you're not comfortable him attending debate he didn't organize by himself because you made me to realize that AriseTV wanted to dictate the pace for him.

Mr. Man, AriseTV is not in conflict with Tinubu, it is him and his handlers that wish to control how Tinubu will be treated and not challenge because he has two heads than other 17 presidential candidates.
I expected you to have told me why he has refused to answer to the call to engage in debate with his colleagues or engage in Townhall Meeting with them, if truly they have nothing to hide of him. That should be your major concern than AriseTV that is encouraging him to make himself available for scrutiny as he wishes to lead this complex nation but take pleasure to decline invitations.

I have answered your questions. The answer to the first question was what I commented thus:
"Section 22 of the Constitution states: “The press, radio, television and other agencies of mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter (i.e. Chapter 2 of the Constitution) and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.”

The second question. I am not a lawyer to start citing cases to buttress my point. The constitution is explicit and its recognizes the importance of the media and press in a democratic setting.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by emkz: 11:08am On Dec 18, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

You're making it look as if ariseTV is forcing him to attend their debate. I think that is far from it. They never said compulsorily or forcefully he must be at their station. No, and if you have a document or video where they said, he must compulsorily come to their studio, please bring it here. I mean statement or video from them and not lie that people circular about.
The last I checked their grouse with AriseTV is that they don't want the studio to discuss anything about Tinubu and also the refusal of AriseTV to showdown the advertorial for the Townhall Meeting with other presidential candidates invited after they had told them Tinubu will not join in the Townhall Meeting.

I never misunderstood you, the intent of your statement portrayed your mindset towards the discourse. You clearly said as I quote "After Tinubu's interview with BBC and Chatam House discussion, it eclipsed the Arise townhall held the night before, despite the latter hosting three leading Presidential candidates. Even Charles Aniagolu of Arise criticized Tinubu's BBC interview, meaning Arise would never be satisfied with anything Tinubu does until they dictate the pace".

The above means you're satisfied that Tinubu never attended it because what he did in Chatham House overwhelmed what they organized in their station. And all your defense suggest that you're not comfortable him attending debate he didn't organize by himself because you made me to realize that AriseTV wanted to dictate the pace for him.

Mr. Man, AriseTV is not in conflict with Tinubu, it is him and his handlers that wish to control how Tinubu will be treated and not challenge because he has two heads than other 17 presidential candidates.
I expected you to have told me why he has refused to answer to the call to engage in debate with his colleagues or engage in Townhall Meeting with them, if truly they have nothing to hide of him. That should be your major concern than AriseTV that is encouraging him to make himself available for scrutiny as he wishes to lead this complex nation but take pleasure to decline invitations.

I have answered your questions. The answer to the first question was what I commented thus:
"Section 22 of the Constitution states: “The press, radio, television and other agencies of mass media shall at all times be free to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter (i.e. Chapter 2 of the Constitution) and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.”

The second question. I am not a lawyer to start citing cases to buttress my point. The constitution is explicit and its recognizes the importance of the media and press in a democratic setting.

The Constitution does not empower journalists to hold any leader or aspiring leader to account. What you quoted in Section 22 only talks about press freedom. I suggest you talk to a lawyer about this to help you understand so that you will not say something ignorantly again.

Thank you for your honesty about not being a lawyer to cite case laws. There are two case laws which every journalist and lawyer knows that the media is not empowered the way you think. Again, talk to a lawyer about this for clarity.

You asked me to present evidence that Arise News were harassing Bola Tinubu to attend their townhall. After Tinubu's campaign said e wont attend, why were they still using his picture to advertise their townhall? Only last week, Rufai Oseni again asked Tinubu to come to their studio to answer questions on his manifesto.

The APC PCC already explained why he won't attend their debates, but you are insisting that I tell you why. I know many of you have made up your minds not to believe Tinubu. Even some of the issues raised like the certificate, drug matter, have been explained, but you people and Arise News insist he has a drug case to answer and that his certificate is false.

Why can't they go to court and convict him, since they can't conduct their own investigations? Many of you dislike Tinubu, and I expect you to be pleased he is doing something wrong, by refusing to attend debates? Shouldn't you be happy that he is doing something that would potentially make him lose?

It seems to me you have a rigid mindset which is fine; but you asking me to convince you is equivalent to pouring water on metal, hoping that it would melt it. No one has such patience.

You are free to hold your opinions and mould your conclusions based on your current understanding. When you are slightly mature, you'd see and understand things differently. Until then, happy electioneering.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
emkz:

The Constitution does not empower journalists to hold any leader or aspiring leader to account. What you quoted in Section 22 only talks about press freedom. I suggest you talk to a lawyer about this to help you understand so that you will not say something ignorantly again.

Thank you for your honesty about not being a lawyer to cite case laws. There are two case laws which every journalist and lawyer knows that the media is not empowered the way you think. Again, talk to a lawyer about this for clarity.

You asked me to present evidence that Arise News were harassing Bola Tinubu to attend their townhall. After Tinubu's campaign said e wont attend, why were they still using his picture to advertise their townhall? Only last week, Rufai Oseni again asked Tinubu to come to their studio to answer questions on his manifesto.

The APC PCC already explained why he won't attend their debates, but you are insisting that I tell you why. I know many of you have made up your minds not to believe Tinubu. Even some of the issues raised like the certificate, drug matter, have been explained, but you people and Arise News insist he has a drug case to answer and that his certificate is false.

Why can't they go to court and convict him, since they can't conduct their own investigations? Many of you dislike Tinubu, and I expect you to be pleased he is doing something wrong, by refusing to attend debates? Shouldn't you be happy that he is doing something that would potentially make him lose?

It seems to me you have a rigid mindset which is fine; but you asking me to convince you is equivalent to pouring water on metal, hoping that it would melt it. No one has such patience.

You are free to hold your opinions and mould your conclusions based on your current understanding. When you are slightly mature, you'd see and understand things differently. Until then, happy electioneering.
My friend the constitution is explicitly stated and you cannot fine-tune it to suit your narrative. Here below is the section I posted again, which says:

The later part was simple and straight forward and not vague at all. It says "Uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people"

It says hold the government accountable to the people. I had once asked you, who is a government? Until you know who is a government before you can understand what this part of the constitution is saying.
A government is the people. In your own mind you may be thinking the president, senators and the likes are the government, no, they are representatives of the people in government. Meaning every citizens are members of the government and that is why every citizen have their obligation to the nation.
Even the APC PCC has never said media and press cannot hold them accountable but their grouse has been that AriseTV is bias to their candidate. That has been their talking point but you trying to say press has not right to hold anyone accountable. Please let us circumspect for posterity sake.

Yes I am not a lawyer and I have not seen anyone citing precedence that has been decided that says the media and its affiliate have no right to hold accountable anyone for that matter. Until I see one before I know our constitution have been changed that I didn't know.

I was expecting to see a voice or video record or probably a print from AriseTV saying Tinubu must appear in their studio by force to be interview or attend a debate but you could not provide one. That would have soften this discourse and place in perspective that someone between us is lying. But none.

That the advert that contain his picture his been shown does not constitute enforcement. If there was no misunderstanding between them, APC PCC or Tinubu would not have counted it as anything. Thankfully, the picture of everyone invited are also displayed along and not they singling do his to force him to come.

In all this, the case is already in court, I think some group of lawyers have taken it to court, even before David Hundeyin brought another one and Omokri also brought another one claimed he was given at Chicago State University without any signature, which was what caused the interrogation and discussion at the station that got APC PCC angry.

All what I deduced is APC PCC doesn't what people to talk about the deficiency seen in Tinubu records since they've explained their own part but democracy doesn't work that way. Even in developed democracies, they discuss their presidents till the end of their tenure. May president had been booted out just because they get to know they had an affair with someone years before they even nurture the ambition of contesting. APC PCC cannot control the political terrain and still want to control the press at the same time. It would work, we are in a democracy.

I think I deserve the right to know why he also declined other corporations that invited him. As I know he is at loggerheads with AriseTV and that is why he will never attend their debate or interview. Why the others?

If you're happy that someone that want to lead you and I is evading interview and debate with his colleagues, me I am not happy because that is the standard in every developed society. A presidential candidate doesn't organize his own interview and he doesn't debate himself. People organize for them.
I am once an SA to a person and I know how we arrange for interview. Let me just leave that one for now.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by emkz: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

My friend the constitution is explicitly stated and you cannot fine-tune it to suit your narrative. Here below is the section I posted again, which says:

The later part was simple and straight forward and not vague at all. It says "Uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people"

It says hold the government accountable to the people. I had once asked you, who is a government? Until you know who is a government before you can understand what this part of the constitution is saying.
A government is the people. In your own mind you may be thinking the president, senators and the likes are the government, no, they are representatives of the people in government. Meaning every citizens are members of the government and that is why every citizen have their obligation to the nation.
Even the APC PCC has never said media and press cannot hold them accountable but their grouse has been that AriseTV is bias to their candidate. That has been their talking point but you trying to say press has not right to hold anyone accountable. Please let us circumspect for posterity sake.

Yes I am not a lawyer and I have not seen anyone citing precedence that has been decided that says the media and its affiliate have no right to hold accountable anyone for that matter. Until I see one before I know our constitution have been changed that I didn't know.

I was expecting to see a voice or video record or probably a print from AriseTV saying Tinubu must appear in their studio by force to be interview or attend a debate but you could not provide one. That would have soften this discourse and place in perspective that someone between us is lying. But none.

That the advert that contain his picture his been shown does not constitute enforcement. If there was no misunderstanding between them, APC PCC or Tinubu would not have counted it as anything. Thankfully, the picture of everyone invited are also displayed along and not they singling do his to force him to come.

In all this, the case is already in court, I think some group of lawyers have taken it to court, even before David Hundeyin brought another one and Omokri also brought another one claimed he was given at Chicago State University without any signature, which was what caused the interrogation and discussion at the station that got APC PCC angry.

All what I deduced is APC PCC doesn't what people to talk about the deficiency seen in Tinubu records since they've explained their own part but democracy doesn't work that way. Even in developed democracies, they discuss their presidents till the end of their tenure. May president had been booted out just because they get to know they had an affair with someone years before they even nurture the ambition of contesting. APC PCC cannot control the political terrain and still want to control the press at the same time. It would work, we are in a democracy.

I think I deserve the right to know why he also declined other corporations that invited him. As I know he is at loggerheads with AriseTV and that is why he will never attend their debate or interview. Why the others?

If you're happy that someone that want to lead you and I is evading interview and debate with his colleagues, me I am not happy because that is the standard in every developed society. A presidential candidate doesn't organize his own interview and he doesn't debate himself. People organize for them.
I am once an SA to a person and I know how we arrange for interview. Let me just leave that one for now.

It is a waste of time to argue with you over a matter you clearly do not know anything about based on your own admission.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by IfnobeGod20: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
emkz:

It is a waste of time to argue with you over a matter you clearly do not know anything about based on your own admission.
You must know no one is an island of knowledge. You cannot be misinterpreting issues and I will fold my arms and let it fly. This is the same way people fly lies about individuals and it becomes daily life message that to change it becomes difficult. If you had shown me fact before now, I would have apologize to you that I never saw the contrary you sent to me but saying the same thing and I asked you to give the authentic and it becomes difficult for you.
Re: Jesutega Onokpasa: What Has Obaigbena Done To Thisday/Arise TV? by Skty: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2022
Kewtt:

On Tinubu's Mandate We Stand. Incoming Mr President Bola Tinubu

Bola TINUBU Supporters .

- Wake up in the morning
- Go and queue to buy fuel
- Pour inside I beta pass my neighbor
- Charge phone
- Come on Twitter to insult those fighting for GOOD GOVERNANCE.

Cursed people

Copied from Twitter @dreyinker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) / Blackout In Lekki, Ajah And Parts Of Victoria Island From Sept 7 - 9. / Peter Obi Worships At Dunamis International Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.