Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,638 members, 7,851,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:04 PM

How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! (283 Views)

Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses 2 / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by DrToluene(m): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2022
All my life of reading the Bible i've come to the realization that I read it as a story book and not GETTING the actual information God is trying to pass. So how do I STUDY and not just read the bible?
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:
All my life of reading the Bible i've come to the realization that I read it as a story book and not GETTING the actual information God is trying to pass. So how do I STUDY and not just read the bible?

Read it slowly taking in every word and stopping to check whether you truly understand what it said and ask all reasonable questions which came to you.

And of course be clear in your mind, do have a

1. "i do not believe it but let me see if what it says is true mind or

2. I do not want to believe it mind.

If you have the second mind, then do not bother. God Will never come to you.

But, if your mind is True and pure then He would come to you and answer all your questions.

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;

With an impure mind, you can never ever see Him.

Which is why people do not see God and atheists are just people who real eyes that they are so evil up to the point that God has cut them out permanently,
hence why they become full devils like Satan and seeking to cause other people to fall into the same hole they have fallen into

Proverbs 15:29
"The LORD is far from the wicked,

Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me;

These are The Laws for hearing from God.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by inforesource: 8:50am On Dec 14, 2022
Don't worry, just keep reading it. If you keep doing this, you will be shocked what you are doing is doing to your life.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2022
inforesource:
Don't worry, just keep reading it. If you keep doing this, you will be shocked what you are doing is doing to your life.

At first. Then it stops.

He has to comply with The Law else he shall be as those seeds that fell on the way and on the rocks, he shall wither and die or be plucked up by atheists and devils and die.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by DrToluene(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Read it slowly taking in every word and stopping to check whether you truly understand what it said and ask all reasonable questions which came to you.

And of course be clear in your mind, do have a

1. "i do not believe it but let me see if what it says is true mind or

2. I do not want to believe it mind.

If you have the second mind, then do not bother. God Will never come to you.

But, if your mind is True and pure then He would come to you and answer all your questions.

1 Chronicles 28:9
Verse Concepts
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him;

With an impure mind, you can never ever see Him.

Which is why people do not see God and atheists are just people who real eyes that they are so evil up to the point that God has cut them out permanently,
hence why they become full devils like Satan and seeking to cause other people to fall into the same hole they have fallen into

Proverbs 15:29
"The LORD is far from the wicked,

Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me;

These are The Laws for hearing from God.

Thank you very much!
This is incredibly detailed.
What bible version do you think will aid comprehension.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by DrToluene(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

At first. Then it stops.

He has to comply with The Law else he shall be as those seeds that fell on the way and on the rocks, he shall wither and die or be plucked up by atheists and devils and die.

Actually I go for envagelism with my dad, but when I talk to people I don't want to say it out of my head but with bible references which brought me to the conclusion that I haven't been studying the Bible at all.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Maynman: 10:39am On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:

First start by knowing the origin of the books you are reading. Who wrote it and for which audience.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:

Actually I go for envagelism with my dad, but when I talk to people I don't want to say it out of my head but with bible references which brought me to the conclusion that I haven't been studying the Bible at all.

You know the Truth of your living. You know you really do not know God for yourself or may be just a little, however, because you see that your parents are usually right a lot of times you therefore accept all that they say.

And then you grow up and begin to see that there are now too many times when you were right by the use of your thinking and they were wrong.

And now you question everything especially those things you did not know by your own thinking processes especially God and Bible matters.

This is the space and openings atheists take to fill you with their own reasonably sounding garbage which destroys by making you to ask unatural questions and unreasonable questions and even the asking of questions for the uselessness of asking a question making you forget that the purpose of asking questions is to FIND THE TRUTH, FOR WE LIVE ON TRUTH AND WE DIE ON LIES. SO BECAUSE WE WANT TO LIVE, WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR TRUTH

AND THE FIRST TRUTH IS TO REAL EYES THAT AT FIRST YOU CAN NOT KNOW GOD EXACTLY AS YOU RIGHT NOW DO NOT KNOW ME.

But the more i talk the more you get to know me.

and this is where the bible comes in for at least we are told God Spoke there, so we can check it out and that is the first thing you need to resolve before you start what we who have gone through the Bible have seen and why we absolutely and unshakably love God, His Words, His Advices and Recommendations and everything which comes from Him.

Regular church going and participation in church activities, fasting and praying, evangelizing and preaching is nothing if you do not truly know God and neither has He permitted you access to Him.

You will end up in the same place atheists are for 98% of them were exactly who you are now, church going and all that is the place of permanent cut off from God.

I would like to say that all atheists are exactly your present church going and Bible reading self.

So the question is what did they do wrong?
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Maynman:

First start by knowing the origin of the books you are reading. Who wrote it and for which audience.

Didn't need to know the origin of "Modern Biology or Chemistry by Osei Ababio" or Contracts by Sagay.

We use our ability to spot Good and Bad/Truth and Lie to determine whether we shall absorb the information it has even when we do not know the origin exactly how we see some quotes in the airports, buses or offices and yet we do not know the origin

So, your point is DOA.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Maynman: 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Didn't need to know the origin of "Modern Biology or Chemistry by Osei Ababio" or Contracts by Sagay.

We use our ability to spot Good and Bad/Truth and Lie to determine whether we shall absorb the information it has even when we do not know the origin exactly how we see some quotes in the airports, buses or offices and yet we do not know the origin

So, your point is DOA.
Good, so they are written by unknown authors.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:

Thank you very much!
This is incredibly detailed.
What bible version do you think will aid comprehension.

KJV.

It is very specific and precise and aims to be accurate and perfect exactly how Truth is and must be.

"Accuracy is one of the triplet brother of Honesty and Truth. Inaccuracy is the child of Lies and Deceptions."

That is why you see atheists run away from accuracy and love to float as ghosts.

The kjv.is not written to please any man or make them feel good exactly how Truth does not respect any man and carrying the Power and Fear of God. THAT IS WHY MOST PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY DO NOT LIKE KJV AND THEREFORE WERE WEAK IN READING THE BIBLE. ([b]Which has now been capitalised by Satan to make his own alternate versions were he has perverted and changed God's Words into evil and even lies and pleasant for people to read and die with him.

That is why I confidently say that the KJV is the True Bible all others are perverted and corrupted versions.

But if you really want the Truth then you would see that it's initial language block and unease you get will pass away as reading it becomes easier and sweeter or painfuller and all, but you would begin to See and then another choice comes in, the John 3:19 happens and you either choose God and Truth continue through the suffering the Bible will give you or reject God and Truth as you run away from all those "bad feelings" the Bible gives you into the "peace" you used to know when you were not reading the Bible, where you will never hear from God and again and where y have already decided that you do not want again.

And this is where God cuts you off permanently as you are now allowed to live your life as you like.

No more God for you, which you later real real eyes that your cut off has become permanent where at first you thought it was a small thing and you did not mind, as other atheists have seen.

And that is when you real eyes that you have now become a devil, loving bad and wicked things.

Then you real eyes that now you are finished because you now see that you are going to that very bad place God has prepared for people like you called hell fire.

Then, you panic and try to repent but NOTHING.

Then you return to your devilness and start to live in it as you try to manage it.

But because you are now a devil you would not like to die alone, so you would start looking for people to take along with you to death

This is what happened to those who are deceiving people in calling themselves "atheists", whereas their true name is "the-evils" as in D'evils just like the-day is D' day which is what I call them.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 1:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
Maynman:

Good, so they are written by unknown authors.

Still don't know who authored "Modern Biology" or "world history book which I got from a course mate which has no front cover and they were sweet and good books of Truths. So, no problem at all.
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:
If you have indeed been reading it as one would a story book, then you ought to have a good understanding of what is written then. Can you at least summarize what you have actually learned from your reading so far? What did you learn from reading, say, the book of Matthew? undecided
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by DrToluene(m): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you have indeed been reading it as one would a story book, then you ought to have a good understanding of what is written then. Can you at least summarize what you have actually learned from your reading so far.? What did you learn from reading, say, the book of Matthew? undecided

That the issue with "just reading" and not "studying" bro, you forget!
Well sha i know the book of matthew was about jesus christ growing up and what he passed through(i think).

As for what i learnt?
Well like i said before I only learn when i study not read through!
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:

God knew very well that you can't read it alone and get the message that's why He sent His only begotten Son Christ Jesus to establish one group that will come knocking on your door {Matthew 10:11-13} they are to teach you what message the Bible contains {Matthew 28:20} because it's through your study of the Bible with them that your name will be written down for future blessings! Malachi 3:16

After Jesus' resurrection he handed over God's Kingdom assignment to this group {Act 1:8} they will take the message to the end of the earth. But soon after Jesus' ascension to heaven his enemy (Satan) quickly raised his own agents right in the midst of Jesus' disciples when all his Apostles were sleeping in death {Matthew 13:25} and this led a great confusion because Satan's agents took up the borrowed group name Jesus' disciples got from Antioch {Act 11:26} so centuries later you can't find the real message Jesus dispensed anymore on planet earth! Luke 18:8

So when Jesus returned after ousting Satan from heaven {Revelations 12:7-12} in the year 1914 Jesus found just one group of humble men who were ready to learn from him, they were known back in the early 20th century as the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) so he began restructuring that group until they've dropped all the indoctrination of Satan. In the year 1931 the true God adopted this group and gave them ANOTHER GROUP NAME that will distinguish them from all others still bearing the old group name from Antioch "CHRISTIANS"

So that's how they began bearing the NEW GROUP NAME from above "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" Isaiah 65:15

They will surely come to your door welcome them and they will study the Bible with you freely.

One more thing! Don't expect the usual system others practice what they call Christianity from them because Jesus has taught them so many secrets that made them totally different from all the religions on this planet! John 15:18-19

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
DrToluene:
1. That the issue with "just reading" and not "studying" bro, you forget! Well sha i know the book of matthew was about jesus christ growing up and what he passed through(i think).

2. As for what i learnt? Well like i said before I only learn when i study not read through!
1. If you read a book without intention of infact learning what it contains, you are bound to not learn anything of what is written. I read through the same book of Matthew as one would a novel and I learned so much of what the story is truly about just by that. Now, if you need to go to college with the book of Matthew in order to realize what the story is infact about, then it is likely that your mind is not with you in this mission is all. undecided

2. Well, you only learn when you study? Is this a mental thing or does this have only apply when you are attempt to engage scripture? undecided
Re: How Can I Study The Bible Effectively! by Dtruthspeaker: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

God knew very well that you can't read it alone and get the message that's why He sent His only begotten Son Christ Jesus to establish one group that will come knocking on your door {Matthew 10:11-13} they are to teach you what message the Bible contains

Cc: DrToluene

The definition of brain washing and a call for him to put his trust in you men rather in God.

Jeremiah 17:5 (KJV)
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

God says "come to Him and trust Him". He says you should go to.men, is this not what Satan did to Eve?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See If You Can Answer These Tricky Trivia / Is The Corona Virus The Result Of Karma? / Try Believing In Jesus Christ Crucified This 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.