Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers (365 Views)

Why Students Hardly Score More Than 250 In Utme Examination / Good Read; Stop Being Afraid To Tell People How You Feel / Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by constancefriday(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
News - When Students don't do well in School or in exams, Parents and Some School owners are often too quick to blame the teachers.
I'm not saying that in some cases the teacher isn't responsible, but based on my decades of teaching I can candidly say; the lack of willingness to read and study on the part of the students is largely the cause.

Even if Sir Albert Einstein is your Science Teacher, if you don't read and study at home after all school activities, you won't do well in major examinations.

Suggestions: Parents should enforce the habit of reading, studying and doing assignments among their children.
Negligence or lack of interest in your children's performance in school is responsible for poor performance in academics.

Don't think that if you've paid exorbitant fees in private schools, everything is taken care of.

That's the mistake most parents make.

Inspect, peruse, supervise and analyze your children's performance in school.
Check their notes.

Criticize them when they don't perform well.

Don't sleep on these details.

Be the best!
The Teacher's job is done after the school's closing bell is rung.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by Moh247: 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
We need to fix our mode of education to encourage more of discussion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by Amb1045(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
100% right especially the university students.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by habsydiamond(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
They prefer to indulge in examination malpractice than to read... thats why you will always see students having tattoos during examination and after exam e go disappear... how person go write a whole course for body..
Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by CheapHomes1: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
Moh247:
We need to fix our mode of education to encourage more of discussion

Who are the "we" that will fix our mode of education? What has buhari been doing since 2015?
Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by anitazion: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2023
constancefriday:
News - When Students don't do well in School or in exams, Parents and Some School owners are often too quick to blame the teachers.
I'm not saying that in some cases the teacher isn't responsible, but based on my decades of teaching I can candidly say; the lack of willingness to read and study on the part of the students is largely the cause.

Even if Sir Albert Einstein is your Science Teacher, if you don't read and study at home after all school activities, you won't do well in major examinations.

Suggestions: Parents should enforce the habit of reading, studying and doing assignments among their children.
Negligence or lack of interest in your children's performance in school is responsible for poor performance in academics.

Don't think that if you've paid exorbitant fees in private schools, everything is taken care of.

Check their notes.

Be the best!

When exam malpractice is the way to pass, what will the righteous do
Re: Nigerian Students Hardly Read: Stop Blaming The Teachers by LikeAking: 9:15am On Feb 08, 2023
constancefriday:

Check their notes.

Be the best!

That's the educational system the colonial masters brought.

No blame them.

Our sch system is teacher based.

The orientation is teachers do the magic.

Some private schools will also claim they turn dull brains to sharp brains..

The question is how..

Nigerian students must be taught how to study for hours and concentrate form kindergarten.

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Most Memorable Moment In School/college? / Will You Sell Your N200 Notes For 1k To Tinubu? / Religion, Violence And Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.