Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,347 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers (3691 Views)

Npower Commences NEXIT Soft Loan Process For Npower N-agro Beneficiaries / UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers / N-Power Announces Enrolment Process For Batch C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by BornKiller: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
The United Kingdom government has listed Nigeria among African countries whose citizens can now apply for qualified teacher status through the Teaching Regulation Agency from February 2023.

Other countries include Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Singapore, South Africa, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.

As a recent update, those who apply for teaching jobs from overseas will require a work visa or other immigration status to allow them to work in the UK. They will also need a skilled worker visa from their employer.

A publication early December on the UK government’s website, by its Department for Education, announced the application for interested non-UK nationals.

According to the report, the applicants do not even necessarily require initial teaching qualifications as the country offers a training programme for the potential migrants.

The notice read, “From February 1, 2023, teachers who qualified in the following nine countries (listed above) will also be able to apply to the QTR through the TRA.

“This change is part of the launch of a new service.

“Teachers from all eligible countries will have to show they meet a consistent set of criteria for the award of the QTS. Over time, this route will be opened to qualified teachers from every country outside the UK.

“To apply for assessment – only QTS, you do not need a formal teacher training qualification.

“However, you must have: a minimum of two years teaching experience, a first (bachelor’s) degree from a UK or non-UK university, an English language qualification which is the same standard as a grade four General Certificate of Secondary Education, a maths qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE to teach children aged three to 11 in primary school, a physics, chemistry or biology (science) qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/14/united-kingdom-begins-process-recruit-teachers-nigeria-others-2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by IkalaiyeLOTO: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ha!
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by mecuries(m): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
our doctors are leaving....and now,our teachers? cry cry

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by traihit: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2022
mecuries:
our doctors are leaving....and now,our teachers? cry cry

Let me see anyone that'll condemn the teachers that want to leave....

Ngige told out doctors to go to the farm, they're leaving and we're crying. Yet, some are calling for the doctors' head while Ngige is still chilling in his office.

6 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Nairalandar: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Gradually, it is getting to our turn
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by grammarian247(m): 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
Finally,e don reach out turn. Omoo, make I begin to arrange myself.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Princelarry304: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2022
Welcome idea. This is interesting.
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Prinzton(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
BornKiller:

“However, you must have: a minimum of two years teaching experience, a first (bachelor’s) degree from a UK or non-UK university, an English language qualification which is the same standard as a grade four General Certificate of Secondary Education, a maths qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE to teach children aged three to 11 in primary school, a physics, chemistry or biology (science) qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE.”[/b]

This route I think is firstly for the IGSCE certified teachers.
If you're not experienced in the British curriculum forget it.

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by joyousever(f): 7:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
But it's no big deal, as it can be gotten easily since it has a short duration.
Prinzton:

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by divinelydiffere(f): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
To all the private school owners treating their teachers anyhow, e don finish for una. Before they know what is happening, private schools won't have teachers again.
To the wise school owners, continue to treat your teachers well ooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by jimmychang: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nobody go remain for naija then
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Idaytesj29(m): 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
joyousever:
But it's no big deal, as it can be gotten easily since it has a short duration.

Please sister, cam you explain further? I don't really understand your comment pls. Thanks
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by donprincebigt(m): 11:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Good one but where they want make teachers see money to travel ?

2 Likes

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Kingluqman(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2022
Japa season again grin grin
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by giftbaby3030(f): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2022
Nigerian youths don finish be that, make I start to dey gather my documents. shocked
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by giftbaby3030(f): 8:06am On Dec 15, 2022
donprincebigt:
Go to UK and Canada embassies and see the rate Nigerian youths are trouping out from Naija, where are they getting the money to travel? Start brainstorming on how to get the money legitimately to leave , na better opportunity be this, since our leaders no wan better Naija for us.
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by greenermodels: 8:13am On Dec 15, 2022
Prinzton:

those requirements are the equivalent of having a credit in English language, mathematics and a science subject (either of biology, physics or chemistry). The route does not require the applicants to be certified by anybody or even to study education related courses in the University since they would train you. I doubt Nce,Ond and HND holders would be accepted though.

1 Like

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by greenermodels: 8:14am On Dec 15, 2022
donprincebigt:
they would likely be sponsored by their employers similar to way nurses going to the UK are been employer sponsored now.
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by evachy: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2022
BornKiller:
The United Kingdom government has listed Nigeria among African countries whose citizens can now apply for qualified teacher status through the Teaching Regulation Agency from February 2023.

Other countries include Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Singapore, South Africa, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.

As a recent update, those who apply for teaching jobs from overseas will require a work visa or other immigration status to allow them to work in the UK. They will also need a skilled worker visa from their employer.

A publication early December on the UK government’s website, by its Department for Education, announced the application for interested non-UK nationals.

According to the report, the applicants do not even necessarily require initial teaching qualifications as the country offers a training programme for the potential migrants.

The notice read, “From February 1, 2023, teachers who qualified in the following nine countries (listed above) will also be able to apply to the QTR through the TRA.

“This change is part of the launch of a new service.

“Teachers from all eligible countries will have to show they meet a consistent set of criteria for the award of the QTS. Over time, this route will be opened to qualified teachers from every country outside the UK.

“To apply for assessment – only QTS, you do not need a formal teacher training qualification.

“However, you must have: a minimum of two years teaching experience, a first (bachelor’s) degree from a UK or non-UK university, an English language qualification which is the same standard as a grade four General Certificate of Secondary Education, a maths qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE to teach children aged three to 11 in primary school, a physics, chemistry or biology (science) qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/14/united-kingdom-begins-process-recruit-teachers-nigeria-others-2023

Please where is the website to apply.
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2022
Nice one. If you get job here, you go know say na by wetin you know
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Ayosman1: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2022
[Please what of someone with NECO, mathematics and English, B2, Literature, CRS, Government, Biology, credit.
B. Arts Religious studies
I a response please.

quote author=greenermodels post=119169095] those requirements are the equivalent of having a credit in English language, mathematics and a science subject (either of biology, physics or chemistry). The route does not require the applicants to be plecertified by anybody or even to study education related courses in the University since they would train you. I doubt Nce,Ond and HND holders would be accepted though.[/quote]
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Ayosman1: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2022
Please is your advise for one to get his or herself prepared for such.

Prinzton:

Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by GloriousGbola: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2022
divinelydiffere:
To all the private school owners treating their teachers anyhow, e don finish for una. Before they know what is happening, private schools won't have teachers again.
To the wise school owners, continue to treat your teachers well ooo

Yes and No

Your low tier private schools are not going for the cream of the crop. I know of a guy who did not graduate and wound up teaching in a private school. It is the high fliers, those already in schools like corona etal who have qualifications and who are exposed. You think people have time to start training in use of electronic whiteboards etal?

Or mental reconditioning ( you no fit beat rude pikin in obodo oyibo. You no fit abuse pikin in obodo oyibo. You no fit call pikin olodo in obodo oyibo.

The 20k,30k and below salary private schools will be fine. They are exploiting the bottom of the barrel no where to go cadre of teachers. It is the top tier schools that will take a hit
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by fembuk3890: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
Please how can one apply
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Prinzton(m): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
greenermodels:
those requirements are the equivalent of having a credit in English language, mathematics and a science subject (either of biology, physics or chemistry). The route does not require the applicants to be certified by anybody or even to study education related courses in the University since they would train you. I doubt Nce,Ond and HND holders would be accepted though.

It may not require certificate but one thing I'm convinced though might be wrong is that the experience in the British curriculum would count as they employ the best brains. Remember the UK is amongst the top rated countries in education and wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

As there are schools in Nigeria running strictly British curriculum (Cambridge) just as there are those of American, Australian, Canadian etc curriculum.

So in this case, I believe that's were the experience comes into play since most organisations are cutting down cost of retraining staff.
Re: United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers by Axis313(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2022
They are not satisfied with the brain drain committed on our doctors,now it's the turn of the teachers.
It's not their fault,na the idiots in the country's leadership cause am.

(1) (Reply)

Male Personal Assistant Needed In Abuja / Why Yahoo Yahoo Is The Last Hope For The Common Man / Tell Me About Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.