Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model (1567 Views)

The Honda Baby Boy I Saw Yesterday. I Was Amazed. / The Honda Place Abuja Bills Man N15million To Fix A N4million Honda Civic Coupe / Honda Civic 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by jnrcess(m): 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hey gents and ladies, I want to get a car (my first) early next year and I know absolutely nothing about cars. My friend has asked me to buy a honda civic because of its low maintenance cost, fuel consumption, and availability of its parts in the market.

I would also like to state that I will partly be using the car for bolt services aside from just moving up and down with it. So please, my bosses is this car a good one?

Re: I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by dicksonadams(m): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
jnrcess:
Hey gents and ladies, I want to get a car (my first) early next year and I know absolutely nothing about cars. My friend has asked me to buy a honda civic because of its low maintenance cost, fuel consumption, and availability of its parts in the market.

I would also like to state that I will partly be using the car for bolt services aside from just moving up and down with it. So please, my bosses is this car a good one?

not a bad car, part are available, though not as rugged as Corolla. but not a bad alternative if you don't have up to Corolla money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vPzwm0048
Re: I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by buygala(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2022
jnrcess:

The Civic is OK.. I know it has some factory defect related to stripping of some engine bolts that can lead to engine failure.. And it's not too friendly with bad roads due to its rather low-hanging front..it also has a rather cramped engine bay which makes it a chore to work in it..

Also due to its small engine, it labors under load.. Its not the sort of car that you can put your wife and kids, load the boot with Christmas stuff and expect optimum performance from it.. Under load, its small engine gulps fuel more than some V6 engine, and is far worse when climbing a hill while fully loaded.. Then you will literally hear the engine screaming for help..

But it is sufficiently capable for town and light-load paroles like bolt, Uber, and even unburdened inter state travel..

No.. I have never owned a Civic.. But I drove a friend's 2010 Civic which was in near immaculate condition.. Vehicle did quite nicely when not loaded.. Two bags of potatoes and one bag of onions in the boot and vehicle started acting strangled.. And I have also been driven in a loaded one.. Experience wasn't too good.

This is why I prefer higher capacity engines.. Those ones have no on and off seasons.. At the expense of a little more fuel consumption, one is assured of optimum performance anywhere, anyhow, anytime... Fuel consumption isn't and shouldn't be considered the beginning and end of motoring...

6 Likes

Re: I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by Kewtt: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
buygala:

The Civic is OK.. I know it has some.factory defect related to stripping of some engine bolts that can lead to engine failure.. And it's not too friendly with bad roads due to its rather low-hanging front..
Also due to its small engine, it labors under load.. Its not the sort of car that you can put your wife and kids, load the boot with Christmas stuff and expect optimum performance from it.. Under load, its small engine gulps fuel more than some V6 engine, and is far worse when climbing a hill while fully loaded.. Then you will literally hear the engine screaming for help..

But it is sufficiently capable for town and light-load paroles like bolt, Uber and driving light.

No.. I haven't owned a Civic.. But I drove a friend's 2010 Civic which was in near immaculate condition.. Vehicle did quite nicely when not loaded.. Two bags of potatoes and one bag of onions in the boot and vehicle started acting strangled..

Reason I prefer higher capacity engines.. Those ones have no on and off seasons.. At the expense of a little more fuel consumption, one is assured of optimum performance anywhere, anyhow, anytime... Fuel consumption isn't the beginning and end of motoring...
You left out the location of some critical engine components that are near the underbody of the car...
While not forgetting the possibility of engine block cracking...
Re: I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by buygala(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kewtt:

You left out the location of some critical engine components that are near the underbody of the car...
While not forgetting the possibility of engine block cracking...
You are right Sir.. I said some stuff about it having a cramped engine bay tho.. And also something about stripped engine head bolts that may lead to engine failure..

You have also raised some salient points for op to chew on as well..

As for me, my 1st 3 cars were old 4-cylinder engines ..but now, I wouldn't be caught dead in any pre-2012 4cylinder vehicles.. Recent 4 cylinder vehicles are quite capable tho.. Especially those little turbo charged engines..but as I never get moni for those ones, I run with older higher capacity engines.. Their quietness alone is worth the extra fuel.

3 Likes

Re: I Would Like To See Opinions About The Honda Civic 2008 Model by amsomebody(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
I'm not a car expert but I have used this particular Civic model. It was my first car. I used it for 2 years and travelled with it from North to Lagos and back a few times without any issue.

The car is actually very reliable and the fuel economy is great. The only thing I do not like about it is the ground clearance. It's quite low.

Every other thing about the car is great. And like you already stated, the maintenance cost is low.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2005 Corolla Engine Won't Start After 'ringing' / Pros And Cons Of Honda Pilot 2005! / How Good Is Nissan Premera 2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.