Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour (589 Views)

Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards / Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) / Ever wondered why your armpit sweat smell is worse than sweat from other places? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by ediko5(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
For about 3 months now I've been sweating excessively on my armpit. I first observe that under 4 hours after taking bath my armpit brings out an offensive odour which is very unusual even when I am at home under a fan

I first thought it was the quality of soap (Dudu Osun) I was using which I have used for more than 2 years I bought Dudu Osun from 3 different supermarkets to check if it was bad quality, still had the same issue, I changed the sponge and towel, no difference. I tried another soap Dove cream oil, and I still had the same issue but this time the sweating under the armpit increased. I recently changed to Irish Spring yet the excessive and unusual sweat under my armpit still continues even when I am directly facing a fan shirtless causing an offensive odour from my armpit.

I am now thinking it's a medical issue. what should be the cause of this?

Note: This isn't from personal hygiene because I am a person that takes my bath up to 3 times a day if I am at home all day
Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by Omihanifa: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
Try and cleanse your system first.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by iHateFraudsters: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
Try and cleanse your system first.

To be specific, he needs a full detox.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by ediko5(m): 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

To be specific, he needs a full detox.

Can you recommend any?
Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by iHateFraudsters: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
ediko5:

Can you recommend any?

I usually do a fruit-and-vegetable-only diet for a week.

Lots of oranges, mangoes (if we're in the season), watermelons, pineapples, apples, kiwi, pears, raw tomatoes, carrots.

No processed food whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by meobizy(f): 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2022
1. Shave your armpits.

2. Rexona and Sure don finish for market?

3. Check your diet. There is likely something you're eating which is at fault.

4. You just turned sixteen, abi? Puberty don knack you. Learn to take of yourself as a budding adult.

5. Start exercising. It reduces your odour immensely.

6. This is for serious cases; apply roll on deodorant first then spray antiperspirant. Them no born any smell to emanate after this. You can go for three days straight on this.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by ediko5(m): 9:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
meobizy:
1. Shave your armpits.

2. Rexona and Sure don finish for market?

3. Check your diet. There is likely something you're eating which is at fault.

4. You just turned sixteen, abi? Puberty don knack you. Learn to take of yourself as a budding adult.

5. Start exercising. It reduces your odour immensely.

6. This is for serious cases; apply roll on deodorant first then spray antiperspirant. Them no born any smell to emanate after this. You can go for three days straight on this.

Sorry no disrespect, your response is like bringing in general knowledge or introduction to a course when someone asked a direct question.

From my writeup above you should know I'm a adult and I specifically highlighted my hygiene lifestyle.

This issue started 3-4 ago.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by pocohantas(f): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
ediko5:

Sorry no disrespect, your response is like bringing in general knowledge or introduction to a course when someone asked a direct question.

From my writeup above you should know I'm a adult and I specifically highlighted my hygiene lifestyle.

You should know how Nairalanders can be. Generic responses to a specific question that has detailed the OP’s position.

This issue is strange to me, but every other time I see it come up, people would suggest a detox. I have also seen a situation where a component of a body cream or food causes such. If you haven’t changed your body cream or diet recently, maybe the detox is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by meobizy(f): 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
ediko5:

Nairaland query: How do I get muscles?

Answer: Do press ups daily. When you can run twenty in total, go to a local gym to lift weights.

Three years later.

Nairaland: How far, any progress?

OP: You people didn’t tell me how to start.

…and thus is why most of the intelligent posters migrate to other platforms.
Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by ediko5(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
pocohantas:

You should know how Nairalanders can be. Generic responses to a specific question that has detailed the OP’s position.

This issue is strange to me, but every other time I see it come up, people would suggest a detox. I have also seen a situation where a component of a body cream or food causes such. If you haven’t changed your body cream or diet recently, maybe the detox is the way to go.

Thank you poco but for body cream, I don't use the cream on my body just my face, hand and leg

For diet eh, that one I don't know where to start checking ooo. Garri and soup, rice, noodles, yam, beans and the list continue..........

Just like you said, it's very strange to me also
Re: Excessive Armpit Sweat Causing Offensive Odour by Ginaz(f): 2:37am On Dec 17, 2022
buy passion classic antiperspirant and your problems will go away.

i was in your shoes one certain time but there wasn't any offensive smell though but i was sweating more than the usual. i later found out it was certain body soap that made my underarm poles sensitive.

i was introduced to passion classic antiperspirant roll-on and the rest is history. I'm so grateful to have come across it!

give it a try. cc ediko5

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Physiotherapy Advice / Urgent Help Needed / Get More Educated And Enlightened On Health Related Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.