Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency (4538 Views)

Supreme Court Rules That Old & New Naira Notes Will Co-Exist As Legal Tender / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by TinubuShet(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
I Don Finally see the new naira currency today!!! Well,i'm scared if there won't be alot of counterfeit cos it looks like it's easy to forge ...Anyway its ours to spend and respect!!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Ever8090: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ok..
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Jeon(f): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kia
ninegiriya........

make eye I no talk

grin

5 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Ifiegboria(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
Cool
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by KelGraphicz(m): 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin see achievement

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by KelGraphicz(m): 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin see achievement [right][/right]

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Jeon(f): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
KelGraphicz:
grin see achievement
8 years achievement for Buhari reign.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by TinubuShet(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
KelGraphicz:
grin see achievement
grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by habsydiamond(m): 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Come look like say dey pour blue for the money..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by DSC7: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
Sofar the new currency will help in curbing vote buying we are okay with it...

2 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by westlius(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
We need to keep this old currencies oo
Because soon dey will b obsolete
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Promotions: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
I thought they said the release date is tomorrow 15th December, anyways the new currency itself looks fake, probably cos I'm yet to get use to it..

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Acidosis(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
Promotions:
I thought they said the release date is tomorrow 15th December, anyways the new currency itself looks fake, probably cos I'm yet to get use to it..

Something that banks have released to customers since Monday. The new note is only available over the counter and max you will get from any bank as far as this week or month is concerned is 2k (mixed with old notes) grin Some bank branches got only one bundle of N1000 notes from CBN. This is the real situation in Lagos so you can imagine other states and rural folks.

More importantly, that 1k note looks better on screen. Don't be f00led. I have two. One even had ink stain grin grin

I just dey pity traders in advance. wink The level of fake notes that will flood our markets in the coming days will be unprecedented.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by wisdomkid: 10:59pm On Dec 14, 2022
Your observation means alot. I really hope it won't be. Looks like they removed the color on our highest currency.
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Omihanifa: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2022
I just hope bad guys won't take it to utc (area 10) and counterfeit it. Cuz the new naira note look so easy to forget.

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by BigYash: 11:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
The way fake go fall out for this yeye colour looking currency en.. As that CBN Governor head big reach,common sense no dey am.. Very bad... He claimed he wants to use it to stop politicians from stealing.. Which politician exactly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Promotions: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
I just hope bad guys won't take it to utc (area 10) and counterfeit it. Cuz the new naira note look so easy to forget.
lolzzz they can't cos they will catch them such jobs will be done at home or somewhere hidden
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Promotions: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Acidosis:

Something that banks have released to customers since Monday. The new note is only available over the counter and max you will get from any bank as far as this week or month is concerned is 2k (mixed with old notes) grin Some bank branches got only one bundle of N1000 notes from CBN. This is the real situation in Lagos so you can imagine other states and rural folks.

More importantly, that 1k note looks better on screen. Don't be f00led. I have two. One even had ink stain grin grin

I just dey pity traders in advance. wink The level of fake notes that will flood our markets in the coming days will be unprecedented.
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by PlanBizNg: 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nice
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Kiddogarcia(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2022
Beautiful,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by grandstar(m): 1:05am On Dec 15, 2022
It is nothing to write home about. I was highly disappointed when I saw it yesterday. Definitely of poor quality and not much different from the present one.

Buhari was crowing that it was printed in Nigeria. Na that won we go chop?

A columnist in the Punch Newspapers said he doubts Emefiele did a stimulation of what would happen if the new notes was introduced. If he did, he would know the Naira would depreciate by 10% or more.

He now wants to make life very harder for Nigerians by limiting withdrawal limits to N20,000 daily. He wants to discourage the use of N500 and N1,000 notes.

Does he not know that in some countries, the N500 will be a coin? It is not worth up to a dollar. Yet, he feels that it fits the definition of a 'high denomination' note and wants its use discouraged.

I can just imagine the mayhem at ATM's when the N20,000 maximum withdrawal limit policy is introduced. It will be sheer bedlam. The queues will be out of this world.

Worse, cash withdrawals through POS has been reduced to 20k daily, practically killing the business. The only alternatives for peeps like me that hate ATM queues would be to stand in line. Worse, banks have no incentive to increase the number of ATM'S as they aren't allowed to profit from it.

The incoming president should do the country a favor and relieve the CBN governor of his duties. I am sure there will be full support for this, especially from politicians who have been at the receiving end of some of his policies (though they deserve it)

5 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by blingxx(m): 1:37am On Dec 15, 2022
TinubuShet:
I Don Finally see the new naira currency today!!! Well,i'm scared if there won't be alot of counterfeit cos it looks like it's easy to forge ...Anyway its ours to spend and respect!!!

I don't think it's easy to forge Sha bcus if the gold label undecided .. anyhow Sha forging this won't be easy atall
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Simplythebest: 7:09am On Dec 15, 2022
There will be a lot of counterfeit in the same that they have made it easy for those people for forge it cus when u look a counterfeit that exactly the way it normally look. As someone who have come across alot of counterfeit the CBN really made those guys work easy and trust me within 6 months the counterfeit of N1000 note maybe be bigger than the original money in the public.

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by akwesenana: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2022
to
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by ForgetfulJones: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2022
TinubuShet:
Money we don spend for alomo bitters since bro

2 Likes

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by BigDawsNet: 8:54am On Dec 15, 2022
Wonderful...

Carry the new currency and put ham for your forehead...

Repeat this words 3 times

"I WILL NOT STRUGGLE TO FIND YOU"

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Parachoko: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2022
TinubuShet:
I saw it two days ago in Lagos
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Parachoko: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2022
There's a reason the Naira was redesign

Whether is fine or not does not matter.
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by BennyDGreat: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
Simplythebest:
There will be a lot of counterfeit in the same that they have made it easy for those people for forge it cus when u look a counterfeit that exactly the way it normally look. As someone who have come across alot of counterfeit the CBN really made those guys work easy and trust me within 6 months the counterfeit of N1000 note maybe be bigger than the original money in the public.

That would be crazy. It calls for serious concerm
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by annisy(f): 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
I expected CBN to print not more than 5million note of 1000naira, 500naira and 200naira note for the entire country that will make those currency scarce and further encourage the so called cashless policy!!! Just imagine you want to withdraw 500k and bank decide to pay you in 100 naira note.

1 Like

Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Parachoko: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Acidosis:

Don't be scared on thier behalf.

The CBN state that "The new naira notes are embedded with security features that would be difficult to break by counterfeiters".
Re: I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency by Dialpad: 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
The contract for printing this was awarded to another aboki

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Enugu State Uses Innoson Made Vehicles For Public Transportation N Refuse Disp. / Start Your Own Business Now With Royale Business Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.