Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,166 members, 7,860,181 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:26 AM

Why I Will Never Support A Christian-christian Ticket Or A Muslim-muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Will Never Support A Christian-christian Ticket Or A Muslim-muslim Ticket (182 Views)

Those Supporting Muslim-Muslim Ticket Will Declare Jihad For Christian-Christian / 2023: Why Buhari May Never Support Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Candidacy - Adeyanju / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Never Support A Christian-christian Ticket Or A Muslim-muslim Ticket by Ukpaka: 12:22am On Dec 15, 2022
Why I Will Never Support A Christian-Christian Ticket Or A Muslim-Muslim Ticket In A Multi-Ethnic, Multi-Religious & Multi-Cultural Nation Like Nigeria – Dogara
https://247ureports.com/2022/12/why-i-will-never-support-a-christian-christian-ticket-or-a-muslim-muslim-ticket-in-a-multi-ethnic-multi-religious-multi-cultural-nation-like-nigeria-dogara/
-
I have heard it said by spin Doctors including no least a personality than the candidate himself. But what do you want them to say? I guess that’s the only sensible thing to say if you want to deflect attention from the stark reality of prebendal politics that excludes nearly half the country. To begin with, I have never read anywhere that Tinubu gives power. To the contrary, only God gives power. It takes only a fool to start getting angry with a mere mortal because he didn’t put him on a ticket. I have seen the hands of God in this regard in my own life so I cannot be foolish.

My loyalty is to principles not individuals and I am profusely thankful to God who helped me very early in life to learn to be alone in a crowd. With the benefit of a hindsight, I am more than grateful to God that it didn’t happen and so many friends and well wishers have also said to me they are thanking God daily that I am not on that ticket granted what they now see and know about the candidate.

What I find funny is that the candidate and his spin doctors always forget that I am not even close to the first tranche of those who first said no to the Muslim- Muslim ticket. Before me, CAN and all major Christian denominations had vehemently rejected it and as we speak they are all still stuck to their guns on the matter. Can any reasonable person say CAN and the Christian denominations that denounced it did so because they were not selected as running mates? What of some major Muslim clerics and leaders that have equally rejected same? What of the former leader of a world power that said the same faith ticket is a major problem for Nigeria? All did so because they were not selected as running mates? Give me a break. What a tasteless joke!

I want to say with every sense of responsibility that my position is based on the long term interest of this country and the need to protect the interest of people wrongly classified as minorities in this country. I believe that for Nigeria to be a first class nation, it must not hold second or third class citizens within its borders. Were it for self interest, I would have settled for some plumb favours in APC and damn the consequences; after all, which party can better serve your personal interest more than the ruling party? Do you think most of the people following Tinubu today are blind? They see the danger but their bellies are open sepulchers so they price the food they anticipate would be on the table above national interest.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders FG To Provide Ultimate Equal, Full Details Of #4.5 Billion Naira / Video Of Peter Obi Interactive Session With Nigeria Union of Journalists In Uyo / NACAT Takes Campaign Against Corruption, Human Trafficking To Abuja Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.