Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (629237 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (1775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡The capture of Marinka is a significant tactical victory for Russia. It will give strength to Vladimir Putin.

The leadership of the Ukrainian army confirmed that its troops had withdrawn from Marinka, which had completely come under the control of Russian troops.

Although Marinka is a relatively small city, its capture can be considered a significant tactical victory for Russia. The capture of Marinka is a clear indication of Moscow's determination to ensure security in the Donbass, despite the winter weather.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡The United States has failed to stabilise the Red Sea and counter the threats from the Houthis.

This week, 299 ships with a total capacity of 4.3 million containers have changed course or are planning to do so to avoid the Red Sea.

That is about 18% of global shipping capacity.

Major shipping companies are still unsure about using the Red Sea, despite the safety guarantees provided by the US Navy.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡Lavrov on the situation in the Middle East: “If it is true that the Israeli services knew a year earlier about the attack on October 7 - I cannot understand that no measures were taken”

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia, Sergey Lavrov, talks about the events in the world that marked the year 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Globetrot: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2023
Finland just made a terrible mistake.

WriteerNig:
⚡Russian diplomat says Finland will be 'the first to suffer' if tensions between Russia and NATO escalate
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2023
Globetrot:
Finland just made a terrible mistake.

It's only a mistake if NATO didn't keep it own end of the bargain. Besides Finnish military is not a walkover. Russia under Stalin during WW2 knew first-hand what the Finnish military alone could do, let alone backed by the NATO military.

If I live in Finland, I will sleep sound everyday like a baby, knowing that Russia can never and will never be a threat.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
lanre316:

It's only a mistake if NATO didn't keep it own end of the bargain. Besides Finnish military is not a walkover. Russia under Stalin during WW2 knew first-hand what the Finnish military alone could do, let alone backed by the NATO military.

If I live in Finland, I will sleep sound everyday like a baby, knowing that Russia can never and will never be a threat.

Funny thing is that Finland has the highest number of bunkers in EU

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Fash20: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2023
lanre316:

You mean direct threat
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Funny thing is that Finland has the highest number of bunkers in EU

Yeah, that too. Thanks

They have enough bunkers to shelter most of not all their populations.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2023
Fash20:

You mean direct threat

Yes, of course. That's what I mean.

The mighty Russia could definitely deal them serious blows indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
lanre316:

Yeah, that too. Thanks

They have enough bunkers to shelter most of not all their populations.

Dem just wake up start to dey build bunkers since d 80s?

Stop joking. There is a REAL threat. Them joining NATO has already increased the threat level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by AyoII(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2023
Says a bully still strugling with. Ukraine. Seems the Kremlin does not need much of its male population. Well, when has a dictatorial regime ever care for its citizens? Why will they even, when they can programme the citizens that its the collective west against russia. The damages caused by Pootin will be long felt after he has gone.
WriteerNig:
⚡Russian diplomat says Finland will be 'the first to suffer' if tensions between Russia and NATO escalate
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2023
AyoII:
Seems the Kremlin does not need much of its male population. Well, when has a dictatorial regime ever care for its citizens?

Ukraine need that advice more. Thousands fled from Ukraine, now they want to extradite them back. Pressure ti wa.

Abi na naija where dem lecturers & medical doctors/heathcare professional wan japa finish?

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by LifeofDream: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2023
lanre316:

I think otherwise... Soviets gain exceed their prewar demands.

Yes, the Soviets underestimate the Finnish but History shows the Finnish were near their breaking point before they push for negotiation..

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by AyoII(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2023
Have people not fled russia too? What about those that have been killed in the SMO so far. On the other hand, Ukraine has been facing demographic crisis since. The war only escalates things, if not why would they need people that has fled back in.
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Ukraine need that advice more. Thousands fled from Ukraine, now they want to extradict them back. Pressure ti wa.

Abi na naija where dem lecturers & medical doctors/heathcare professional wan japa finish?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
AyoII:
Have people not fled russia too? What about those that have been killed in the SMO so far. On the other hand, Ukraine has been facing demographic crisis since. The war only escalates things, if not why would they need people that has fled back in.

War are not won on the size of a State population. So forget about demography.

People fled Russia but you don't see Moscow writing foreign embassy to bring them back.

As a matter of fact, people from different countries volunteered & joined Wagner PMC to fight on behalf of Russia.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by AyoII(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
You still playing my card guy.if they have population. Who cares about those that have fled coming back to serve. And remember you said earlier ukraine needed the advice more, hence the demography is at play here. But anyways
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

War are not won on the size of a State population. So forget about demography.

People fled Russia but you don't see Moscow writing foreign embassy to bring them back.

As a matter of fact, people from different countries volunteered & joined Wagner PMC to fight on behalf of Russia.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
AyoII:
You still playing my card guy.if they have population. Who cares about those that have fled coming back to serve. And remember you said earlier ukraine needed the advice more, hence the demography is at play here. But anyways

Demography(ics) is sh!T.
Should I list smaller countries who defeated bigger countries in war? They don't care about those who fled because for Russia, this is an SMO & not a total war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by motayoayinde: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
Reports of widespread power outage in Israel.

🚩 @ResistanceTrench

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by motayoayinde: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Reports of widespread power outage in Israel.

🚩 @ResistanceTrench

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ghostagain:
I think the biggest problem with Nigerian education is that it produces people who perfect the art of looking smart but who lack all actual substance.

And yet you haven't post any educative piece here, you are a complete fool, a madman that think himself to be smart, the only thing u are smart at is belittle people. A new guest here will see this your ur post and think u are any special, not knowing you are empty in the head. Better respect yourself

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2023
Vic2023:
🔴“The New York Times” on the former head of the occupation’s National Security Council: I do not see any signs of the collapse of Hamas’ military capabilities or political power.

Hamas wey never start sef.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ghostagain:
30 years ago, Nigerians were renowned for their respect, while nowadays they are the most abusive and disrespectful people on the planet. I've been on many social media before, nothing beats nairaland in terms of disrespect and insults. And nobody beats Nigerians in the show of shame and shamelessness. Some call themselves "sophisticated" but show nothing but barbarity and education-phobia.

Look at this garbage from a self aclaimed smart person. I guess this is the nonsense u wanted us to see to think u are smart. Abeg go and have sense b4 ur ego will finish u

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ghostagain:

Mr grammarian, I don't have time for you.
I suggest you actually try to learn a technical or scientific skill rather than focusing on pushing words and dedicating your life to talking to me.

See the reply of a supposed intelligent person. Which one is learn scientific skills? That BoldBrainz post is a good example of an intelligent person
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡Most well-developed public health systems:

1. 🇸🇪 Sweden
2. 🇨🇦 Canada
3. 🇫🇮 Finland
4. 🇩🇰 Denmark
5. 🇳🇴 Norway
6.🇨🇭 Switzerland
7. 🇩🇪 Germany
8. 🇦🇺 Australia
9. 🇬🇧 UK
10. 🇧🇪 Belgium
~
11. 🇳🇱 Netherlands
12. 🇦🇹 Austria
13. 🇯🇵 Japan
14. 🇫🇷 France
17. 🇰🇷 South Korea
20. 🇪🇸 Spain
22. 🇮🇹 Italy
23. 🇺🇸 USA
25. 🇦🇪 UAE
27. 🇷🇺 Russia
30. 🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia
41. 🇹🇷 Turkey
43. 🇦🇷 Argentina
45. 🇮🇷 Iran
49. 🇪🇬 Egypt
59. 🇮🇳 India
63. 🇮🇩 Indonesia
72. 🇲🇽 Mexico
77. 🇺🇦 Ukraine
81. 🇧🇷 Brazil
84. 🇿🇦 South Africa

According to U.S. News and World Report

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡Nikki Haley declines to say slavery was a cause of the Civil War.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterNigg: 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡Russia’s new ‘Sickle’ defense system can knock enemy UAVs out of the sky

A new anti-drone system called Serp-VS5D (lit. “sickle”) has successfully been tested recently at an undisclosed location.

Developed by a Rostec subsidiary, Serp-VS5D is reportedly capable of:

- 360 degree monitoring of airspace for drone activity

- Disrupting communications between drones and their operators, as well as cutting off drones from satellite navigation systems

- Protecting designated areas from both singular drones and drone swarms

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2023
🇳🇱

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡Senator Lindsey Graham: "Hit Iran... blow it off the map."

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
⚡China's defense ministry urges regional alert as U.S. military steps up forward deployment — Reuters
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Regex: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ghostagain:

Mr grammarian, I don't have time for you.
I suggest you actually try to learn a technical or scientific skill rather than focusing on pushing words and dedicating your life to talking to me.

ad hominem. That's what you just did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (1775) (Reply)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.