Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (1510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (597104 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) ... (1711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 4:56pm On Mar 24
⚡Russian security forces electrocute one of the detained shooters in Crocus City during interrogation.

7 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:
⚡Russian security forces electrocute one of the detained shooters in Crocus City during interrogation.

In USA the citizens kill their fellow citizens for fun

Each few month one shoot out takes place in USA cities.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Masterviolence: 5:13pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:
By the time they're done with him, he'll surely talk.
My concern is for him not to mention Ukraine or anything related to Ukraine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 5:14pm On Mar 24
⚡All substations and thermal power plants in Kharkov have been destroyed, causing widespread power outages, making the situation with electricity extremely difficult, reports the press service of the Ministry of Energy.

Hourly restrictions are in place in the city.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Watcharena: 5:18pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:
love of money is the root of all evil. Just because of the small change he collected ,now he is gone
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Mille: 5:35pm On Mar 24
IMEI:

Bros you need to understand something

Islam is not a turn the other cheek religion, an eye for an eye is permitted in Islam, even though it's stated that forgiveness is better

Let me tell you the real terrorism. The real terrorism is State terrorism, that's why the US can sanction countries for rejecting lgbt, the US can impose sanctions on Iran, Iraq (which killed more than 500,000 children), invade Iraq based on a lie which led to the deaths of more than a million Iraqis, it's why almost a hundred years of Isreali State terrorism on the Palestinians is condoned and a Palestinian response is reviled

I have technically practiced all major religions in Nigeria so I can say I have firsthand experience. My grouse with Islam and Muslims is not a turn-the-other cheek situation, it is more about their tendency for violence, inability to adapt to modern societies, provocation and compulsion of religion. They cannot seem that understand secularism or phantom that not everyone can or should be muslims (live and let live). This has made them a willing tool in the hands of state actors.

My first time in Nasarawa, believe me, I was almost lynched for still staying in the cybercafe where I paid for because I did not join the evening prayers they were doing at the mosque downstairs. Recently, non-muslims were arrested in Kano for eating during Ramadan, Christian children are being kidnapped in the North to be forcefully converted and married off to predators, and Deborah's case is overwhelming. You would think it would be different with educated ones, but shit, Deborah was killed inside a university.

You don't need to tell me about the evil empires, I know all about that. I pray for the destruction of Israel. I cannot imagine a more terror state.

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Mille: 5:39pm On Mar 24
Watcharena:
love of money is the root of all evil. Just because of the small change he collected ,now he is gone

His family will enjoy the money. Hope you know the way next-of-kin use to spend inheritance money grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 5:45pm On Mar 24
Vl3ly:

🇨🇫🇷🇺 Condolences from the good people of the Central African Republic

- Local residents bring candles and flowers to the Russian embassy in Bangui.🕯

The perception among ordinary people regarding Russia's role in global affairs appears to be evolving. There seems to be a growing recognition of Russia's influence in shaping global dynamics, particularly in challenging the dominance of Western powers. This recognition extends to the fact that Russia's actions are contributing to a shift in the global balance of power, potentially leading to a new era of multipolarity.

9 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Mille: 5:46pm On Mar 24
Kingsnairaland:

You mean days. Some days you're lucky to get 2 or 3 per day. In January alone, there were 47 mass shootings.

I also saw a report in mid February that said over 5,000 people have been killed in gun violence in USA in 2024. I mean 5000 people in about 50 days. That's about 100 gun violence deaths per day. If I ever live there, I'll spend 90% of my time indoors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 5:54pm On Mar 24
⚡Victims of the terrorist attack began to receive the first compensation payments - Moscow Social Security Department

People will receive between 500,000 and 3,000,000 Rubles.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 5:57pm On Mar 24
IMEI:

Islam is not a turn the other cheek religion, an eye for an eye is permitted in Islam, even though it's stated that forgiveness is better

The quote above resonates deeply with me, it encapsulates a philosophy that I hold dear. I am curious to know if this sentiment truly reflects the teachings of the Islam religion?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by soqmeov: 5:58pm On Mar 24
Vl3ly:
👀 French businessman Arnaud Bertrand on the West's claim that the terrorist attack in "Crocus" was carried out by ISIS:
Isn't it wonderful? Lol grin cheesy grin
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 6:06pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:

Oh my, oh my! Is it connected to his penis? He will be wishing for death now. This is the reason why I said I don't believe they are ISIS they would rather blow themselves up than go through this."

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24
Mille:

You mean days. Some days you're lucky to get 2 or 3 per day. In January alone, there were 47 mass shootings.

I also saw a report in mid February that said over 5,000 people have been killed in gun violence in USA in 2024. I mean 5000 people in about 50 days. That's about 100 gun violence deaths per day. If I ever live there, I'll spend 90% of my time indoors.

Funny man so your not among the
online commandos in Africa lol that you want to stay in doors.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 6:07pm On Mar 24
Kingsnairaland:

You are wrong here....... It's actually each day not few months

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by ClassicNairan: 6:12pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:
⚡Victims of the terrorist attack began to receive the first compensation payments - Moscow Social Security Department

If it was in Nigeria, this compensation will take one year that's if there's is any
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24
ClassicNairan:

You are wrong here....... It's actually each day not few months

Oh my bad.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by IMEI: 6:13pm On Mar 24
ClassicNairan:

The quote above resonates deeply with me, it encapsulates a philosophy that I hold dear. I am curious to know if this sentiment truly reflects the teachings of the Islam religion?

“The recompense for an evil is an evil like thereof; but whoever forgives and makes reconciliation, his reward is with Allaah. Verily, He likes not the Zaalimoon (oppressors, polytheists, and wrongdoers).

And indeed whosoever takes revenge after he has suffered wrong, for such there is no way (of blame) against them.

The way (of blame) is only against those who oppress men and rebel in the earth without justification; for such there will be a painful torment.

And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allaah”

Qur'an Chapter 42 (Ash-Shoora) verse 40 - 43

The above is from the Qur'an, you be the judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by erniok(m): 6:15pm On Mar 24
dvkot:
@seunny4lif I don't think it makes sense for use to create our own swift yet, I think what we need in Africa is first to free ourselves from the chains of the west, some crazy partnership has to end. Then second is borderless states and one currency (preferable gold) just like Europe.
But we all know what happened to the person that tried to do this. But on the other hand let's see how the newly formed Sahel state will work even though they are not as rich in natural resources as others and has no sea access they can be an agriculture powerhouse, I truly hope their partnership with Russia can work
From the west, you're advocating a shift eastward and you are hoping for greatness. Is looking inwards that difficult?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by IMEI: 6:33pm On Mar 24
Mille:

I have technically practiced all major religions in Nigeria so I can say I have firsthand experience. My grouse with Islam and Muslims is not a turn-the-other cheek situation, it is more about their tendency for violence, inability to adapt to modern societies, provocation and compulsion of religion. They cannot seem that understand secularism or phantom that not everyone can or should be muslims (live and let live). This has made them a willing tool in the hands of state actors.

My first time in Nasarawa, believe me, I was almost lynched for still staying in the cybercafe where I paid for because I did not join the evening prayers they were doing at the mosque downstairs. Recently, non-muslims were arrested in Kano for eating during Ramadan, Christian children are being kidnapped in the North to be forcefully converted and married off to predators, and Deborah's case is overwhelming. You would think it would be different with educated ones, but shit, Deborah was killed inside a university.

You don't need to tell me about the evil empires, I know all about that. I pray for the destruction of Israel. I cannot imagine a more terror state.

There are oppressors among every kind of people...there are Churches all over the North, Nassarawa has one of the highest Muslim to Christian ratios in the North, there's literally no corporal punishment for a muslim who refuses to fast ramadan in Islam talkmore of a non-muslim

The Deborah case was awful but that's not intolerance, it's more of fanaticism on the part of some ignorant muslims because muslims have fallen victim to blasphemy allegations and were brutally murdered as well

I'm not denying muslims act ignorantly, i just won't stay quiet when Islam is blamed for acts it's clear of

The main problem in some muslim societies is that unlike Christian society that devolved into secular liberal societies on their own, that didn't happen in muslim societies...secular democracy and liberalism was imposed on muslim societies and there are internal contradictions because of that... that's what makes it seem like some muslims are incapable of adjusting to modern societies

Either way, the point is people are responsible for their actions, it's lazy to hold the whole religion responsible

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 6:41pm On Mar 24
shoodboi2:

Why trying so hard to paint them as Muslims when they don't even understand basic Islamic principles?

Even a Muslim baby knows that you use the right hand for everything considered clean and the left for those considered unclean.

If the so-called Muslim terrorists are performing shahada with the left hand, what does that tell you? Are they Muslims, or people paid to disguise as Muslims?

If they are fake, they are FSB plants

Ukraine has no reason to give Russia excuse for general mobilisation

Putin is the one who needs general mobilisation of Russians, perfectly timed after election

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 6:43pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:

In my country, the ministry responsible for disbursement will embezzle the money.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jovi10: 6:46pm On Mar 24
Ibime:

If they are fake, they are FSB plants

Ukraine has no reason to give Russia excuse for general mobilisation

Putin is the one who needs general mobilisation of Russians, perfectly timed after election

And why will Russia kill it's own citizens in other to mobilize when she can just mobilize are people anyways? If they wanted to mobilize they will definitely do that without any reason, so why would they have to kill their own people as a reason to mobilize? The way una dey take reason sometimes self ehn! Baffles me.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 6:49pm On Mar 24
Vl3ly:
❗️Xu Jijun:

On March 22nd, in an interview with the media, the Press Secretary of the Russian President, Peskov, stated that with the active involvement of the West in the Russo-Ukrainian conflict, the so-called special military operation had de facto escalated into a "war."
Since the beginning of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict in 2022, Russia has consistently insisted that a "special military operation" is being conducted in Ukraine. However, Russian officials, including President Vladimir Putin, have now begun gradually to use the word to describe the Russian-Ukrainian conflict.
This indicates an escalation in the scale of the war. Since March, Russia has started targeting military and industrial objectives across Ukraine, signalling the beginning of a new stage of confrontation between Russia and the West in Ukraine.
It can confidently be said that the terrorist attack on the "Crocus" concert hall has closed the chapter on the Russo-Ukraini...

So it's now safe to call it a war?

Justice for the hundreds of good Russians imprisoned for calling it a war in the first place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24
Jovi10:

And why will Russia kill it's own citizens in other to mobilize when she can just mobilize are people anyways? If they wanted to mobilize they will definitely do that without any reason, so why would they have to kill their own people as a reason to mobilize? The way una dey take reason sometimes self ehn! Baffles me.

Russia has a social contract with its people - don't get involved in politics and we won't mobilise. They need something like this to mobilise,and they need mobilisation to win the war cos the number of human losses per km gained is too high for their present numbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 7:04pm On Mar 24
⚡The newest Russian armored car Centurion with its brutal appearance.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24
erniok:

From the west, you're advocating a shift eastward and you are hoping for greatness. Is looking inwards that difficult?
yes on so many reasons let's first align with Russia and China firmly, it's more flexible to work with those guys then we detach ourselves from the west and join the alternate of swift being developed by China and Russia
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 7:16pm On Mar 24
⚡26 Russian nuclear-capable bombers are reportedly preparing to take off and strike targets in Ukraine

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lexrichy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24
Masterviolence:

By the time they're done with him, he'll surly talk.
My concern is for him not to mention Ukraine or anything related to Ukraine.
what if they mention Nigeria grin
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNg: 7:32pm On Mar 24
⚡Israel has agreed to release 700 Palestinian prisoners, including 100 people who are serving life sentences for killing Israelis, in exchange for 40 hostages held by Hamas, Axios reports.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:33pm On Mar 24
WriterrNg:
⚡26 Russian nuclear-capable bombers are reportedly preparing to take off and strike targets in Ukraine
26? Ah wetin Putin won bomb abeg 🤭

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24
lexrichy:
what if they mention Nigeria grin
na to dey go Ghana straight

(1) (2) (3) ... (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) ... (1711) (Reply)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.