Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,747 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (717030 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1977) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️Sudan ceasefire breaks down as nearly 300 killed.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by GloriousGbola: 11:19am On Apr 20, 2023
Ibime:

Are you saying there's no technological advantage to smaller chips allowing you to fit more processing power in the same space. Key word advanced. Same reason a computer that used to fit a house, now fit in your palm. There is advantage to that in every sphere, even in military

i actually thought the wars for processor superiority were between TSMC and samsung
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially launched its mRNA vaccine technology hub in 🇿🇦 Cape Town, a facility established during the COVID-19 pandemic to help poorer countries struggling to access life-saving medication.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

i actually thought the wars for processor superiority were between TSMC and samsung

They make the chips using technology on licence from ASML
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by GloriousGbola: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2023
Ibime:

They make the chips using technology on licence from ASML

i see. so basically ASML design and TSMC/ Samsung fabricate.

does this also apply to intel and AMD processors? designed by them and fabricated by TSMC/Samsung
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2023
WritterNig:
⚡️🇷🇺 Russian oil exports back to pre-Special Operation levels despite West's crippling sanctions.

Crude oil and oil products exports were at highest level in March since April 2020, increasing by 600,000 barrels a day - International Energy Agency (IEA).

Moscow's revenue from oil exports last month stood at $12.7 billion.

Appleyard:

Sanctions in deed. It's Europe that is suffering. cool

They should express this in dollar terms comparison YoY, not barrells to fool the gullible

Of what use is selling 600,000 barrel of oil at $49 average to India when the market is selling at $70-$80. Russia has nearly blown it's yearly budget deficit target already by end of March. Propaganda for Putidiots.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

does this also apply to intel and AMD processors? designed by them and fabricated by TSMC/Samsung

Every chip making company in the world fabricating sub 10nm chips do so on licence from ASML. They are a world monopoly
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2023
WriterrNig:
⚡️ 🇷🇺 Dmitry Medvedev on the possible supply of weapons to Kiev by 🇰🇷South Korea:

"I wonder what the citizens of this country will say when they see the latest models of Russian weapons in 🇰🇵 North Korea"

grin grin grin grin This man. grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2023
Ibime:

Are you saying there's no technological advantage to smaller chips allowing you to fit more processing power in the same space. Key word advanced. Same reason a computer that used to fit a house, now fit in your palm. There is advantage to that in every sphere, even in military

That is why I said you should read up on Moore's law. Military equipment and weapons don't care about space. A small bomb can easily weigh 200kg. That's enough space to fit a microchip irrespective of the size.

And the same applies for vehicles, missiles, jets, rockets, and all.

How much processor do you think the Soviets and US had in the rockets they used to get to space, Venus, Mars and even the moon?

Many Tecno phones even have better processors than those rockets. Yet, the rockets got it done.

So why do you think military weapons need better and smaller processors/microchips?

It makes no difference. Almost every weapon today is based on technology developed 30/40/50 years ago.

Weapons take decades to manufacture. Take the F-35 for instance. Research on it began in 1995 and that research was based on the Soviet Yak 141 which research began in 1975.

That's 30-50 years ago. What tech was used to develop it? What microchips were used? 2023 microchips? Or 1995 microchips?

Moore's law states that microchips get smaller, not better. A 1995 microchip will do what a 2023 one can do. The difference is that the 1995 own will be larger. But size isn't an issue since it will fit into a weapon.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Russia has it own chip factory.

So many of them don't even know this.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2023
Shoodboi:

That is why I said you should read up on Moore's law. Military equipment and weapons don't care about space. A small bomb can easily weigh 200kg. That's enough space to fit a microchip irrespective of the size.

And the same applies for vehicles, missiles, jets, rockets, and all.

How much processor do you think the Soviets and US had in the rockets they used to get to space, Venus, Mars and even the moon?

Many Tecno phones even have better processors than those rockets. Yet, the rockets got it done.

So why do you think military weapons need better and smaller processors/microchips?

It makes no difference. Almost every weapon today is based on technology developed 30/40/50 years ago.

Weapons take decades to manufacture. Take the F-35 for instance. Research on it began in 1995 and that research was based on the Soviet Yak 141 which research began in 1975.

That's 30-50 years ago. What tech was used to develop it? What microchips were used? 2023 microchips? Or 1995 microchips?

Moore's law states that microchips get smaller, not better. A 1995 microchip will do what a 2023 one can do. The difference is that the 1995 own will be larger. But size isn't an issue since it will fit into a weapon.

Weapons are a broad field. Stop disturbing yourself unnecessarily. Access to those nanochips have implications across all fields of advanced human technology. Every video I have watched from experts on this field mention weapons as well as AI, phones and cars. Unless you know every weapon system in the world, you can rant about your 2 tonne bombs till the cows come home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXc5naj_cTA
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

ASML supply the machines on licence which they all use to fabricate. Design is mostly done in the US. It applies to everyone. Nobody in this world is capable of fabricating a sub 10nm chip without ASML machines. No reverse engineering of their machines has been successful.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2023
Ibime:

Nobody is arguing nothing with you. You are just talking off-tangent. I am only responding to those asking why Netherlands is important to the big players and China are interested in them, and you have just confirmed that China needs them to stay competitive in the tech industry. That makes Netherlands an important country and they are the only ones with the technology. I don't know why you Putin fanboys must get your backs up at everything. At least now you know why China is interested in Netherlands. If someone is not important, why is China complaining? Because they don't have it, simples.

This is the original post I responded to. At least some people will understand the context of why they are rushing Netherlands, while you continue your unnecessary grandstanding

oga save us this needless long notes..

For the umpteenth time, Netherlands is a nobody and no one outside one or 2 countries in Europe gives a Fvck about her. Even during WW2 that Hitler went berserk in Europe I don't think he saw Netherlands as anything worthy of attention. So because they produce mere chips that makes them important? What is chip? Is chip production now an alien technology that others don't have or what?

So why make up delusional statements that Russia and China is a threat to their national security? What Fvcking threats? What is there in Netherlands that Russia wants to conquer now or in the near future? What do they have that benefits the Chinese or Russian Masses? Is it resources? Land? Food? Do they produce arms like the US and Russia does? Do they have nuclear technology that the world needs? Mtchewwww. Oga even Nigeria sef doesn't need Netherlands for anything let alone the big boys of Russia and China. Make Netherlands rest abeg. If I were Russia and China I won't even bother responding to such statements. Save the energy for important countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by GloriousGbola: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Shoodboi:

You use computers and phones and other devices and you wrote this?

Your windows 95 pc can do what a 2023 pc can do?
We had 5ghz processors in 1995?
You think size, thermal efficiency, processor speed do not affect weapons?

Can you whip up an improvised drone with 1995 technology?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2023
Ibime:

They should express this in dollar terms comparison YoY, not barrells to fool the gullible

Of what use is selling 600,000 barrel of oil at $49 average to India when the market is selling at $70-$80. Russia has nearly blown it's yearly budget deficit target already by end of March. Propaganda for Putidiots.

Attach 🔗 links ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️ 🇫🇷 French protesters invade Euronext, the Paris Stock Exchange after anger against Macron's pension reform

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡🇮🇱 Netanyahu's anger over 🇮🇷 🇸🇦 Iran-Saudi relations:

"95% of the problems in the Middle East come from Iran," he says.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️🇯🇵 Japan wants “constructive and stable” ties with 🇨🇳 China and calls on Beijing to behave “responsibly”, the country’s Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said in an interview Thursday.

Ties between the countries have soured in recent years, with Japan last December calling China the nation’s “greatest strategic challenge ever”, as it announced a major security overhaul including more defence spending.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

You use computers and phones and other devices and you wrote this?

Your windows 95 pc can do what a 2023 pc can do?
We had 5ghz processors in 1995?
You think size, thermal efficiency, processor speed do not affect weapons?

Can you whip up an improvised drone with 1995 technology?

Are you talking about consumer tech or military tech? Cos you're jumping between both, depending on how it suits your narrative.

As I said, read up Moore's law. The so-called modern microchips release more heat than older ones, so I wonder what you're driving at with your claims about thermal efficiency.

When you say size, are bombs and tanks and rockets getting smaller the way phones and computers got smaller? Nope. So the size of the microchip is not an issue.

When you say processor speed, are today's microchips faster than the equivalent from 20 years ago? I doubt that too.

Chips got smaller to allow us squeeze more processing power in the same space. This is useful for consumer tech since no one will want an iPhone that's the size of a brick.

But for military tech, who cares if your radio is the size of a brick? No one. Efficiency trumps size in military tech, so you all should stop making noise about microchips.

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️🛰 SpaceX is to make a second attempt on Thursday 4/20 to carry out the first test flight of Starship, the most powerful 🚀 rocket ever built, designed to send astronauts to the Moon, Mars and beyond.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
Shoodboi:

Are you talking about consumer tech or military tech? Cos you're jumping between both, depending on how it suits your narrative.

As I said, read up Moore's law. The so-called modern microchips release more heat than older ones, so I wonder what you're driving at with your claims about thermal efficiency.

When you say size, are bombs and tanks and rockets getting smaller the way phones and computers got smaller? Nope. So the size of the microchip is not an issue.

When you say processor speed, are today's microchips faster than the equivalent from 20 years ago? I doubt that too.

Chips got smaller to allow us squeeze more processing power in the same space. This is useful for consumer tech since no one will want an iPhone that's the size of a brick.

But for military tech, who cares if your radio is the size of a brick? No one. Efficiency trumps size in military tech, so you all should stop making noise about microchips.

👍🏻 Double likes for this.

U.S, Taiwan have the fastest chips but Russia has the best military tech. They can keep their fast chips IDC.

Till date the U.S have not been able to field a hypersonic missile. Something Russia has constantly used in the war.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️🇮🇷 Iran's army detected, alerted and forced a 🇺🇸 US nuclear submarine to the surface of the sea as it entered the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by GloriousGbola: 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
Shoodboi:

i asked this because this statement clearly marks you as a computer illiterate who has no idea what he is talking about

what was the fastest processor in 1993? what is the fastest processor today?
i asked about thermal efficiency because todays chips also use less power and generate less heat . the whole purpose of reducing chip size

if you have actually owned used and maintained computers you will know that your 1ghz processor of 1999 uses more power and generates more heat than your 1ghz processor of today.

do you think you can control a modern drone with 1993 tech?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️ Exactly 2️⃣4️⃣0️⃣ years ago, on April 19, 1783, Empress Catherine the Great published a Manifesto on the accession of the Crimean Peninsula to the Russian Empire. This document gave 🇷🇺 Russia reliable access to the Black Sea and ensured the security of its southern regions for centuries ahead.

Crimea is 🇷🇺 Russia 💪🏻

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
WritterNig:

Attach 🔗 links ASAP.

Most Putards lack financial education and easily deceived by propaganda, that's why someone will tell you they are selling more barrels and hide that their revenue is going down materially which is the key piece of information. The price cap is really hammering Urals

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1298092/urals-brent-price-difference-daily/
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 1:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️🇺🇦 Ukraine’s NATO membership path to be discussed at July summit, Stoltenberg says
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
WritterNig:
⚡️🇮🇷 Iran's army detected, alerted and forced a 🇺🇸 US nuclear submarine to the surface of the sea as it entered the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz.

🇺🇸 U.S replies.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️ G7 nations are considering a near-total ban on exports to 🇷🇺 Russia, Sources say - Bloomberg

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️🇬🇧 King Charles coronation cross will have shards allegedly from Jesus Christ’s crucifixion.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
WriterrNig:
⚡️ 🇷🇺 General Surovikin: "A Blue tape can fix everything, even 🇵🇱 Poland"

😂 😁

🇷🇺 Russia needs more Surovikin's & Medvedev's 😁 🤣

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Jokerman(m): 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
WriterrNig:
⚡️Facebook users who had an active account at any point between May 2007 and December 2022 can now apply to receive a piece of parent company Meta's $725 million settlement related to the Cambridge Analytica scandal.

How?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
⚡️ 🇺🇦 Zelensky Meets NATO Secretary General in Kiev.

The Ukranian President asks Jens Stoltenberg to support his "peace formula". The alliance chief noted that NATO's assistance to Kiev has so far amounted to $150bn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1977) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: NexaHive, Rumplesteelskin, bigwig071(m), Appleyard(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.