Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,320 members, 7,864,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (709725 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 1:06am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

If that be the case NATO is just in title only. It's senseless alliance when article 5 cannot be invoked when a member nation is attacked because other members fear "direct powerful attack". But that's not the case.
NATO is just the USA and its puppets. Nobody in NATO except the USA can actually produce weapons in sufficient frequency to sustain a long war.
Wake up, NATO is just a paper tiger. Right now Russia is outproducing not only NATO but NATO and its non-nato allies put together.
The big fault in NATO is that it's European countries need Russia's resources to power their industrial bases which they would need to produce weapons to fight Russia.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 3:04am On Nov 26, 2023
Dvdpity:

Russia is not bothered about Finnish minorities.
There is something terribly wrong with the Nigerian mentality. It's like your brain is just rotten.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:02am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡World’s leaders approval rating:

🇷🇺 Vladimir Putin: 78%
🇮🇳 Narendra Modi: 78%
🇺🇦 Volodymyr Zelenskyy: 73%
🇲🇽 Andrés López: 62%
🇨🇭 Alain Berset: 57%
🇧🇷 Lula da Silva: 48%
🇦🇺 Anthony Albanese: 45%
🇮🇹 Giorgia Meloni: 44%
🇺🇸 Joe Biden: 38%
🇮🇪 Leo Varadkar: 37%
🇪🇸 Pedro Sánchez: 37%
🇧🇪 Alexander De Croo: 36%
🇵🇱 Mateusz Morawiecki: 32%
🇸🇪 Ulf Kristersson: 31%
🇨🇦 Justin Trudeau: 30%
🇳🇴 Jonas Gahr Støre: 27%
🇳🇱 Mark Rutte: 27%
🇬🇧 Rishi Sunak: 26%
🇫🇷 Emmanuel Macron: 26%
🇩🇪 Olaf Scholz: 24%
🇦🇹 Karl Nehammer: 24%
🇰🇷 Yoon Seok-youl: 21%
🇨🇿 Petr Fiala: 17%
🇯🇵 Fumio Kishida: 16%

According to Morning Consult Political Intelligence, WCIOM, KMIC
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:06am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡Pashinyan says Russia has not delivered weapons Yerevan has paid for. So either let this money be returned to us or we will file a lawsuit against them in the European court. Earlier, Pashinyan announced the search for "new partners in the field of security".

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:09am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡Mass protests outside Netanyahu's residence, demanding his resignation.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:10am On Nov 26, 2023
🇺🇦

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:11am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡"Should Ukraine make territorial concessions to end the war?"

This research was conducted by a Dutch newspaper. During the year, the number of positive responses more than doubled

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡The flag of Hezb-Allah was seen raised during a gathering in the West Bank tonight.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by olugabbie(m): 6:41am On Nov 26, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡The Russian Air and Space Forces have launched a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome with a spacecraft in the interests of the Russian Defence Ministry, as reported.

The Russian defence ministry said that Russia needs 100 satellites in space to improve surveillance & communication. They have launched about 1/5th of the 100 satellites already. Now I know they mean business.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡The Russian Air and Space Forces have launched a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from the Plesetsk Cosmodrome with a spacecraft in the interests of the Russian Defence Ministry, as reported.
the way Russia is lunching satellite you'd think it's child's play

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:02am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡Palestinian girl released from Israeli occupation prison:

I'm proud of Hamas, I'm proud of Mohammed Deif and Yahya Sinwar, because they didn't abandon us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:08am On Nov 26, 2023
AyoII:

grin grin grin grin
Insulting him when you are the real fool here
So France , Germany and others will not attack Russia because of reprisal attack from Russia. Be real with your self nuclear or even without nuclear can Russia defeat all of NATO in an open confrontation. Do you even think Finland is a joke? That Russia can easily defeat
And if they are not willing to confront Russia if Russia attack first why are they in a alliance that can make them do so in the first place. Or you think Russia will take the fight to French or German doorstep and they won't retaliate. Have you forgotten history that Hitler even took the fight to the Russian's doorstep??
Some comments here can make one roll on the floor. LOL
Hitler took the fight to Russia doorstep and that was his biggest mistake.
True Russia can't directly confront NATO neither can NATO directly face Russia.
But one thing i know for sure is without USA, Russia can face the rest in a direct confrontation, so long as Russia has weapons from North Korea and Iran.
We are already seeing the results in Ukraine as we speak

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 7:19am On Nov 26, 2023
WriterNiiig:
⚡The EU is considering allowing Egypt’s military to deploy delivered equipments near Sudan as it fears collapse of the Sudanese state could trigger larger flows of refugees across the Mediterranean, Africa Intelligence reports.

EU to allow an African country move within Africa?

I don't get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2023
dvkot:
But one thing i know for sure is without USA, Russia can face the rest in a direct confrontation, so long as Russia has weapons from North Korea and Iran.

Dude, are you aware that Finland alone gave Russia a bloody nose during WW2? Stalin has to call for ceasefire. I bet you don't know. Kindly read up on it.

That's Finland alone o. Now combine the military powers of Poland, France, Sweden, Turkey and the rest of European NATO, even without USA. They are not producing weapons en masse and are only giving Ukraine piece-meal old rusted weapons because they themselves are not directly threatened, but I assure you that if they are directly threatened, Russia will see hell fire. Some European NATO militaries are heavyweights o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2023
WriterNiiig:
⚡The “Ceasefire” which has been Agreed upon by Israeli and Hamas Officials during their Negotiations in Qatar reportedly consists of a 4-6 Day “Pause-in-Fighting” in which Hostages will been Release by Hamas and a set number of Terrorists will be Release from Isreali Prisons, with the possibility for additional Days to be added to the “Ceasefire” based on if more Hostages are able to be Found and Released.

@lanre16

If this is a hamas propoganda page, how come Palestinians held in IdF prisons are called terrorists above?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2023
Procashtips:

@lanre16

If this is a hamas propoganda page, how come Palestinians held in IdF prisons are called terrorists above?

A good propaganda machine doesn't go in 100% in one direction. It's 5 steps forward toward your intentions and one step backward to conceal your intentions.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by TrumpBiden: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2023
WrriterNig:
⚡"Should Ukraine make territorial concessions to end the war?"

This research was conducted by a Dutch newspaper. During the year, the number of positive responses more than doubled

Let's wait for a poll conducted by a Ukrainian news outlet instead
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WrriterNig: 7:35am On Nov 26, 2023
⚡Countries that recalled ambassadors from Israel as of 11/25/2023:

🇨🇴 Colombia
🇧🇴 Bolivia
🇨🇱 Chile
🇯🇴 Jordan
🇭🇳 Honduras
🇹🇷 Türkiye
🇿🇦 South Africa
🇪🇸 Spain

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Procashtips(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

A good propaganda machine doesn't go in 100% in one direction. It's 5 steps forward toward your intentions and one step backward to conceal your intentions.

Read well

90% of the headlines talking about Hamas often use terrorists to describe them.

Pictures of all IDF soldiers being posted are seen smiling and looking good unlike their counterparts

I don't expect you to acknowledge that

Those posting even posted pictures of those released by Hamas but none for the women and children released by the Zionists.

So tell me, who's truly being propagated here?

I don't expect you to truly go and verify these points.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by AyoII(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2023
dvkot:

lanre316:

Dude, are you aware that Finland alone gave Russia a bloody nose during WW2? Stalin has to call for ceasefire. I bet you don't know. Kindly read up on it.

That's Finland alone o. Now combine the military powers of Poland, France, Sweden, Turkey and the rest of European NATO, even without USA. They are not producing weapons en masse and are only giving Ukraine piece-meal old rusted weapons because they themselves are not directly threatened, but I assure you that if they are directly threatened, Russia will see hell fire. Some European NATO militaries are heavyweights o.

LOL. You guys always like overestimating Russia. Even without USA and they are all willing to wage war. You mean Russia will still defeat all? Saying Russia will be getting supplies from Allies like Iran, N. Korea. So in that scenario Japan, S.Korea, Australia, even the USA not involved in the war will not beef up their NATO allies? Yes Hitler taking it to the Russian doorstep was a mistake but at least he did it. And you think Finland will be a small job for Russia. Like Lanre316 said above they have been involved in war with Finland (Winter war I think) and its didn't give the Russian's what they want exactly. Even in an all out nuclear war they will likely all survive due to their huge bunker network (I don't know if it's them or Iceland that has huge network of bunkers prepared exactly for unclear wars for all it's citizen.).
WITH OR WITHOUT US RUSSIA IS NO MATCH FOR ALL OF NATO
STOP DREAMING. BEFORE YOU SAID ANYTHING NOW I KNOW. You guys will start taking about Poseidon, Satan Bomb and all those gibberish. But you don't know what your enemy also has in stock

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

That's Finland alone o. Now combine the military powers of Poland, France, Sweden, Turkey and the rest of European NATO, even without USA. They are not producing weapons en masse and are only giving Ukraine piece-meal old rusted weapons youyou yourself won't believe this lie... Abrams and leos, patroit are old rusty?
because they themselves are not directly threatened, but I assure you that if they are directly threatened, Russia will see hell fire. Some European NATO militaries are heavyweights o.

i won't lie the only heavy weight i see there is turkey in term of men not weapons.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2023
AyoII:

LOL. You guys always like overestimating Russia. And you keep underestimating themEven without USA and they are all willing to wage war. You mean Russia will still defeat all? Saying Russia will be getting supplies from Allies like Iran, N. Korea. So in that scenario Japan, S.Korea, Australia, even the USA not involved in the war will not beef up their NATO allies? Yes Hitler taking it to the Russian doorstep was a mistake but at least he did it. And you think Finland will be a small job for Russia. Like Lanre316 said above they have been involved in war with Finland (Winter war I think) and its didn't give the Russian's what they want exactly. Even in an all out nuclear war they will likely all survive due to their huge bunker network (I don't know if it's them or Iceland that has huge network of bunkers prepared exactly for unclear wars for all it's citizen.).
WITH OR WITHOUT US RUSSIA IS NO MATCH FOR ALL OF NATO
STOP DREAMING. BEFORE YOU SAID ANYTHING NOW I KNOW. You guys will start taking about Poseidon, Satan Bomb and all those gibberish. But you don't know what your enemy also has in stock
where did i say defeat all? I said face a confrontation
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2023
dvkot:
i won't lie the only heavy weight i see there is turkey in term of men not weapons.

@red letters, the Abram and Leopard tanks, for instance, has different versions and year of manufacture. They versions given to Ukraine were older models. In fact, there was a time that Ukrainian army complained they couldn't use some of the tanks given to them. It's something similar for other types of heavy weapons.

@main post, not only Turkey bro. Poland and Sweden and some others too are heavyweights, at least in advanced weapons. Even manpower can always be mobilised when necessary.

Lets just hope an all-out war against NATO didn't break out. We really don't know what each party is capable of until they are existentiallly threatened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 9:15am On Nov 26, 2023
dvkot:

You know Russia only bought a few hundreds of drones from Iran, right ? Russia already produces its own version of the Iranian drones. And shells are being produced at a very high rate in Russia (higher than all of NATO combined) but being able to buy them from north Korea as well puts less stress on Russian industry.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. European industry was powered by Russian ressources. Russia has more ressources than all of NATO combined, and Russia has sufficient trained personnel to take advantage of this. Also Russia kept its military industry at the same capacity as it were in ww2, and NATO didn't.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

@main post, not only Turkey bro. Poland and Sweden and some others too are heavyweights, at least in advanced weapons. Even manpower can always be mobilised when necessary.
Poland ? Please guys stop talking when you know nothing. Poland buys almost all its weapons from the USA, and the rest from other NATO countries. The only thing I know which Poland produces is a modified version of the t72.
You don't know military industry at all mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 9:29am On Nov 26, 2023
Stoplying:

Poland ? Please guys stop talking when you know nothing. Poland buys almost all its weapons from the USA, and the rest from other NATO countries. The only thing I know which Poland produces is a modified version of the t72.
You don't know military industry at all mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZLEf8wZJs?si=dU_-0w5-9BJoh4Nn

Before you dismiss the video as a brainwashing propaganda, do a basic research of Warographics YouTube channel and look at their extensive catalogue full of professionally researched informational materials. They are not American BTW.

Poland is not a lightweight, bro. They are like the China of Europe, gaining steady momentum in power. Maybe you are thinking of post-Soviet Poland of the 1990s and 2000s. They've really beefed up their military capacity in recent years. Their cooperation with USA is an added bonus.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 9:32am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZLEf8wZJs?si=dU_-0w5-9BJoh4Nn

Before you dismiss the video as a brainwashing propaganda, do a basic research of Warographics YouTube channel and look at their extensive catalogue full of professionally researched informational materials. They are not American BTW.

Poland is not a lightweight, bro. They are like the China of Europe, gaining steady momentum in power. Maybe you are thinking of post-Soviet Poland of the 1990s and 2000s. They've really beefed up their military capacity in recent years. Their cooperation with USA is an added bonus.
So you brought a propaganda video and told me to not dismiss it as Propaganda?
Dude are you serious ?
Everything I said above stands.
I live in Europe, don't tell me of Poland being "the China of Europe". I know it is a big fat lie, I see it with my own eyes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2023
Stoplying:

So you brought a propaganda video and told me to not dismiss it as Propaganda?
Dude are you serious ?

LOL. Anything you disagree with is termed as propaganda. Anything that agrees with your preconceptions is not propaganda. Alright. Let's just move on. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2023
lanre316:

LOL. Anything you disagree with is termed as propaganda. Anything that agrees with your preconceptions is not propaganda. Alright. Let's just move on. Cheers.
You don't have a logical way of dealing with information, you act like a guy looking for a religion instead of a guy using logic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by lanre316: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2023
Stoplying:

You don't have a logical way of dealing with information, you act like a guy looking for a religion instead of a guy using logic.

Alright. I hear you.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by AyoII(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2023
Stoplying:

You know Russia only bought a few hundreds of drones from Iran right ? Russia already produces its own version of the Iranian drones. And shells are being produced at a very high rate in Russia (higher than all of NATO combined) but being able to buy them from north Korea as well puts less stress on Russian industry.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. European industry was powered by Russian ressources. Russia has more ressources than all of NATO combined, and Russia has sufficient trained personnel to take advantage of this. Also Russia kept its military industry at the same capacity as it were in ww2, and NATO didn't.

You cracking me up big time. Resources so important like FDI or Chinese rare earth metals? You mean cheap Russia gas powering up EU industries is why Russia can't be overtaken? Which were gotten elsewhere last year when Putin thought Europe will be frozen to death. Russia military industrial capacity has been on the same capacity but China has overtaken it, A millitary that uses 40 year old Moskava ship (which was sunken last year ) and other old Soviet techs, buying artillery and others from N. Korea and Iran? If they have maintan their industry like you said, they should have taken Ukraine since.
AND in terms of personnel, you mean a country were most of the tech transfer is being lost between generation or a millitary that has more conscript than modern professional army who even lack basic modern kit? Come on!!?
Stop being stupid
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2023
AyoII:

You cracking me up big time. Resources so important like FDI or Chinese rare earth metals? You mean cheap Russia gas powering up EU industries is why Russia can't be overtaken? Which were gotten elsewhere last year when Putin thought Europe will be frozen to death.
1.The EU is still buying Russian resources, but from middlemen in faraway countries and for a much higher price.
2. European union economies are not doing well due to shooting themselves on the foot by sanctioning Russian resources.
3. Many EU industries have relocated to the USA or are in the process of relocating to the USA because the price of powering their activity has skyrocketed due to lack of accessibility to cheap Russian resources due to stupid self harming sanctions.
4. As a person who lives in the EU, I can see my food price has nearly doubled and my energy bills have nearly tripled.
5. EU countries like France are now finding it hard to pay retirement benefits and welfare and unemployment benefits.
6. I think you should talk to other dogma driven people like yourself. You can't come here and be talking nonsense to me while I'm busy speaking sense. We're not speaking the same language.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1956) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Mille, olutund(m), Rumplesteelskin, Omen100(m), WriteerNg and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.