Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists (266 Views)

APGA In Disarray As Stakeholders May Reject APC, Opt For ADC In Anambra / Nkem Okeke’s Aides Reject APC, Pledge Loyalty To APGA / Obaseki, Shaibu’s Supporters Reject APC Reconciliation Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by kingsways: 12:30am On Dec 15, 2022
There is nowhere in the world where someone desperately needs a job, apply for the job and refuse to come for interview.

All Arise TV has asked APC to do is present their candidate for interview so he can explain why he thinks he is the best man for the job, tell the people what he would do ,and so make it possible for him to be held accountable if at all he gets the job. This is a very legitimate demand

Rather than simply present their candidate for interview and debates, they chose an ignoble path of attacking and harassing the TV station and innocent journalists with the aim to cause confusion, deceive Nigerians, and divert attention from the real issue which is incapacity of their candidate

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by kingsways: 12:39am On Dec 15, 2022
Refusing to attend interviews and debates is actually an insult on Nigerians, and I expect the electorates as would surely be the case in any reasonable country, to punish both that party and its candidate severely at the polls next year. This will teach the party and their candidate never again in their lives to so take Nigerians for granted

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by Bluntguy: 1:58am On Dec 15, 2022
Even when people advised Peter Obi not to attend the candidates interview on NTA because the anchor, Kadaria Ahmed who is related to El-Rufai hates him, Obi still went, and told her to her face that he likes to see his enemies face to face. Now Tinubu says that the Nigerian press hates him and for that he won't attend any interviews. Fine, let him attend TVC interview at least. Or does his own television station hate him too?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by Buccalcavity2: 2:07am On Dec 15, 2022
Nigerian Constitution does not compel a candidate to debate before winning elections. It's a choice. Buhari didn't and won 2 elections. Electorates can punish a candidate for not engaging in a debate at the polls. What's the fuss about it.
Also are we talking about debate or interview?
Don't get me wrong , I am for candidates to engage in interview... But I am tired of the noise about this as if it's the make or mar of the coming elections.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by kingsways: 6:09am On Dec 15, 2022
Buccalcavity2:
Nigerian Constitution does not compel a candidate to debate before winning elections. It's a choice. Buhari didn't and won 2 elections. Electorates can punish a candidate for not engaging in a debate at the polls. What's the fuss about it.
Don't get me wrong , I am for candidates to engage in interview... But I am tired of the noise about this as if it's the make or mar of the coming elections.

A candidate who refuses to grant interviews to Nigerian media when he is not even president will do worse if he becomes president. He can refuse to talk to Nigerians and the media even if the country is falling apart
Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by kingsways: 6:14am On Dec 15, 2022
Buccalcavity2:

The constitution doesn’t have to say everything, some things are mandatory
Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by Kewtt: 6:40am On Dec 15, 2022
kingsways:
There is nowhere in the world where someone desperately needs a job, apply for the job and refuse to come for interview.

All Arise TV has asked APC to do is present their candidate for interview so he can explain why he thinks he is the best man for the job, tell the people what he would do ,and so make it possible for him to be held accountable if at all he gets the job. This is a very legitimate demand

Rather than simply present their candidate for interview and debates, they chose an ignoble path of attacking and harassing the TV station and innocent journalists with the aim to cause confusion, deceive Nigerians, and divert attention from the real issue which is incapacity of their candidate

Ipob miscreant and urchins.... We Jagaban supporters are fully behind his boycott of any interview with arisetv. You can wail cry.... Don't vote for us! Your votes don't count!
Re: Why Nigerians Must Reject Apc's Harassment Of Arise TV And Innocent Journalists by Buccalcavity2: 1:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
kingsways:

The constitution doesn’t have to say everything, some things are mandatory
Check up the meaning of 'mandatory'. This is not mandatory! He grants interviews but not with AriseTv. After Chatham he granted BBC & Channels interview. He engages electorates through town halls....
In any case, if you ain't cool with his style, don't vote him. He has a right to boycott Arise/Thisday and you also have a right to not vote him if you think AriseTv interview is your decider.
Case closed.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Government Commences Payment Of December Salaries / Amid Supply Crisis, Nine Fuel-laden Vessels Stuck On High Sea / 2023 Will Be Economic Hell - Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.