Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

American Embassy Is Mad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Embassy Is Mad (3703 Views)

Will Children Born In American Embassy Be Given US Citizenship? / Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... / United States Embassy Is A Big Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Owopariola001: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2022
Niftkid:
Try go other countries to apply . but u guys are just too obsesse with this US the country no move me 1 bit .
Op Luxembourg get free transportation for it citizens O these are countries we should try to go.

Lol.

A country of 650,847 population, that is not up to Kosofe local government of 682,772 population.

But it's well. Potato must potate.

2 Likes

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by jchioma: 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
VinTruth:

Spot on, Grace at work.... Yes, travelling as a family has more success rate. Don't forget the most of us go married and divorce to marry over there to gain citizenship. They believe a family trip most often will come back home than an individual trip.

Well, you can say that again! My guy is now in Canada after a brief spell in New York... I doubt if they are coming back anytime soon. Naija wahala too much. The pressure has not ceased though, but he's in a better position to ease them. I believe for education and change of environment/mentality, one should travel at times. Explore, gain insight and outlook. But travel should not end in japa permanent relocation, home is still the best. May God help us to return home in prosperity, peace and sound mind.

2 Likes

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by shegzhkn: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2022
otipoju:

At a time people started lamenting that there were unjustifiable denials and applying was like throwing money down the drain. One of my mentees got a fully funded scholarship to study for an IT masters with a graduate assistant position. Dem deny this guy during that Trump era.

A journalist complained Bubu responded he cared less that and that they have no business outside in the first place. Sometime after, they started working on a bill to prevent younger people from leaving the shores.

All these actions are closely monitored by them to gauge how far they can get away with stuff.

Yes I understand the government couldn't care less about the people but am damn sure they cannot influence US foreign policy not when trump didn't even give a crap about Africa.

1 Like

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by shegzhkn: 12:13am On Dec 16, 2022
Chasemaduka:
Who is the president of Nigeria in the foreign policy of any country in policy relating to Nigeria/Nigerians? Lol

Lol, what do you know about foreign policy?
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Papilagreen: 1:06am On Dec 16, 2022
jchioma:

Well, I didn't know you could pick who would interview you ooo! Strange! About bombarding them with answers before they ask, I think that's absurd.

Well for me it's all about making sure you prepared and know most of the FAQ so you know what is coming up and u don't mess up when u go there..

My time it was my first interview and the first time going to any embassy and I got my visa. Not just me I also know about 10 people if not more with virgin passport that were granted their visa so to me it's all about prepping and be confident.
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by otipoju(m): 1:34am On Dec 16, 2022
shegzhkn:

Yes I understand the government couldn't care less about the people but am damn sure they cannot influence US foreign policy not when trump didn't even give a crap about Africa.

They sure can. With the rate of denials back then, simple instructions to Nigerian banks to stop receiving payments for US Visa applications will bring them to the table for talks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by dazzlingd(m): 2:21am On Dec 16, 2022
VinTruth:

Why would anyone, a youth, with a virgin passport pick USA as first country to visit when thousands of other countries close to Nigeria are available.

It is an aberration and exception to the rule is when your spouse has been visiting and returning.

This is the case for tourists, you are expected to have visited some country(ies) before, even African countries like Ghana, South Africa, Morocco, Egypt.

You people should stop lying and discouraging people.
There are many people that got Visa to US and that was their first time outside the country.
Because u did not get doesnt mean others wont

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by dazzlingd(m): 2:23am On Dec 16, 2022
otipoju:

They sure can. With the rate of denials back then, simple instructions to Nigerian banks to stop receiving payments for US Visa applications will bring them to the table for talks.
You think Nigerian Visa fees makes any impact to them
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by dazzlingd(m): 2:27am On Dec 16, 2022
dominique:
You guys should chill till 2026 world cup. That's the route many people will use to japa permanently like the ones that did on US '94. That's if Nigeria qualify sha o

Hahaha, 2026 japa world cup
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Chasemaduka: 2:46am On Dec 16, 2022
Lol. Such funny narrative. There are 3 things that guarantees visa issuance, no matter what country you are traveling to.

1. Purpose of traveling
2. Home ties
3. Proof of fund.

2. Home ties ( family, business, investment,
properties). A whole family traveling together risk visa denial, if home ties is not stronger.

Imagine a man traveling alone and his only home ties are his immediate family. Wife and a child. If he travels alone there is something tying him back to his home. If he travels with them, what is bringing him back to his country?
VinTruth:

Spot on, Grace at work.... Yes, travelling as a family has more success rate. Don't forget the most of us go married and divorce to marry over there to gain citizenship. They believe a family trip most often will come back home than an individual trip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Chasemaduka: 2:56am On Dec 16, 2022
Here is the little i know about foreign policy as a graduate of political science. Putin actions has caused lots of changes in the foreign policies of nations towards Russia.

The visa denial rate in Goodluck Jonathan administration was far less than that of the current administration.

If the head of government in a country can't influence the foreign policy of other nations towards his nation, then who can?

Your argument shows you dont even read NEWS. Not to even talk about you studying politics.
Lol
shegzhkn:

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Chasemaduka: 3:07am On Dec 16, 2022
If you can read and comprehend, then you shouldn't be replying to this anymore.
shegzhkn:

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Canada2021: 5:13am On Dec 16, 2022
I got my US visa last year on a virgin passport
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by PeaceNation: 5:29am On Dec 16, 2022
jchioma:

OK, if I get you right, traveling with a family has greater chance of success then. Talking about grace, the officer asked what my friend did for a living and when he mentioned it, he became interested and asked him if he (the officer) wanted to do a particular job, what would it take? Of course, my friend wasn't lying, so he began to list the items and explain how the job could be done, immediately, the guy smiled and said "that's right". Na so, every other protocols were waived and Visa granted for a family that had not traveled out before o.

That is grace speaking. But what type of job did your friend said he is doing that the officer so have interest in it?
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by shegzhkn: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2022
Chasemaduka:
If you can read and comprehend, then you shouldn't be replying to this anymore.
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by shegzhkn: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2022
otipoju:

Now I understand your point but the only thing that can force Uncle Sam to the negotiating table is using some kind of leverage they care about, for example on the campaign trail Biden promise to alienate Saudi Arabia and made them a pariah but we know how that turn out when MBS used the only leverage he had and the the US cares about Energy Security.

During trump administration Africa wasn't really on his radar, didn't even have any African policy and even complain about immigrants from the continent when he said he only want folks from country like Norway and that is what I'm driving at.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by gimakon2(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2022
greatermax77:

How will he make it work when old men are running the country anyhow

The same question i asked one very useless idiot yesterday way say e be informed keke driver. He day ask me for solution, when it is very glaring there is no solution provided that can work out.
He day talk peter obi, you day hear for news say , tinubu boys wan hack inec server , them day sell pvc 2000 naira for north, civil wars here and there , and one idiot day talk get PVC.
Nigeria did not vote Buhari last election, but the same buhari completed his 8 years successfully. Someone like uzodimma from 4th position is the governor of imo state as i type. Someone like yahaya bello is stealing billions in kogi state, and he cannot pay salaries here and there , and someone is saying they want to bring in that Tinubu next year - and to them, stay in the country and fix it. How you wan fix am, you wan go Lords chosen abi where?
We had chances of using EndSARS to fix the country, e reach aboki people ear (as them day do beggy beggy upandan, to show say sufferhead no day tire them), the same useless northern people go day burn church, i wonder how governance and religion take relate, them day talk end bad governance and EndSars, idiots day burn church. Very useless tribe i have not seen. Shay na still them day suffer am. even with power given to them, they have discovered oil this and that, yet, the whole useless menial jobs , na them day do.

Then one goat is saying - stay in the country and fix it, when they have not fixed their houses.
I no wan vex this morning.
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by BigDawsNet: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2022
jchioma:

Well, I didn't know you could pick who would interview you ooo! Strange! About bombarding them with answers before they ask, I think that's absurd.

Pretty absurd because he doesn't ask the questions... they do!.. sometimes if you like... be smart and sharp like robot... it doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2022
gimakon2:

The same question i asked one very useless idiot yesterday way say e be informed keke driver. He day ask me for solution, when it is very glaring there is no solution provided that can work out.
He day talk peter obi, you day hear for news say , tinubu boys wan hack inec server , them day sell pvc 2000 naira for north, civil wars here and there , and one idiot day talk get PVC.
Nigeria did not vote Buhari last election, but the same buhari completed his 8 years successfully. Someone like uzodimma from 4th position is the governor of imo state as i type. Someone like yahaya bello is stealing billions in kogi state, and he cannot pay salaries here and there , and someone is saying they want to bring in that Tinubu next year - and to them, stay in the country and fix it. How you wan fix am, you wan go Lords chosen abi where?
We had chances of using EndSARS to fix the country, e reach aboki people ear (as them day do beggy beggy upandan, to show say sufferhead no day tire them), the same useless northern people go day burn church, i wonder how governance and religion take relate, them day talk end bad governance and EndSars, idiots day burn church. Very useless tribe i have not seen. Shay na still them day suffer am. even with power given to them, they have discovered oil this and that, yet, the whole useless menial jobs , na them day do.

Then one goat is saying - stay in the country and fix it, when they have not fixed their houses.
I no wan vex this morning.

LoL a lot of people will have heart attack when tinubu is declared winner of the 2023 presidential elections o tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by gimakon2(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LoL a lot of people will have heart attack when tinubu is declared winner of the 2023 presidential elections o tongue tongue

I know one thing for sure, Tinubu would not develop Nigeria, so there is no hope banking any on him tho.

1 Like

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2022
gimakon2:

I know one thing for sure, Tinubu would not develop Nigeria, so there is no hope banking any on him tho.

LoL to have hope in Nigeria is to be hopeless even a peter obi presidency won't do jack. Nigeria will get worst and poverty and hardship will increase regardless of who wins.

3 Likes

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by otipoju(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2022
shegzhkn:

Now I understand your point but the only thing that can force Uncle Sam to the negotiating table is using some kind of leverage they care about, for example on the campaign trail Biden promise to alienate Saudi Arabia and made them a pariah but we know how that turn out when MBS used the only leverage he had and the the US cares about Energy Security.

During trump administration Africa wasn't really on his radar, didn't even have any African policy and even complain about immigrants from the continent when he said he only want folks from country like Norway and that is what I'm driving at.

You see that statement ehnnn. One of his henchmen Stephen Miller went to work. Internal memos left and right to curtail immigration from Africa. Trumpian years were tough with increase in hate crimes.

1 Like

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Gerrard59(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

As usual, I will be here to gloat! I must re-install Twitter during that period. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by Gerrard59(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
The people I know who applied to study in the US got in the first time. They went via the study route - all had fully funded offers from good schools in the US. It is pretty simple: if you want a visa to enter the US as a young Nigerian, go via the study route and please, ensure your offer comes with a substantial amount of funding from the school.

Personally, I don't see how applying for a visa should be hard, provided the instructions are followed and it is for a purposeful reason. Tourism to me as a young Nigerian is not a concrete reason to issue a visa. In Nigeria's present situation, it is very logical to deny a young Nigerian who wants to visit the US as a tourist. Since you know that, why bother yourself? Write the GRE, TOEFL and apply. Get offers and prepare.

BTW, all that talk about virgin passports not being issued visas is rubbish! Your travel status has nothing to do with being issued a visa. Even going as a tourist, someone whose account runs into millions and has many businesses scattered across Nigeria will get the US visa as a first-timer because the officials are sure the person is returning. Not you with less than a million and you aren't working for a notable company. As for Ndi conferences, with Zoom, it even gets more scrutiny.

Go via the study route.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Embassy Is Mad by yinkeys(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
This people are just running a ponzi scheme here in Nigeria, out of 100 applications, issue 12 visa reject the rest, all year.
Fxck
To get a date na wahala, to arrive for the interview na work, I think they are just operating for the people that have dual citizenship (Nigerian and American), just come with your ur blue pali, you won't even sit down with we the unfortunate ones( Nigerian passport)..

See you people should use your money to invest in yourselves and forget about American embassy because they will not give you visa easily if you have not been there before. Just forget it if your passport na virgin
Lagos office ?
To get anything in Lagos na war na
@gerrard59
Re: American Embassy Is Mad by seguno2: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

LoL to have hope in Nigeria is to be hopeless even a peter obi presidency won't do jack. Nigeria will get worst and poverty and hardship will increase regardless of who wins.

So we are all doomed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana: Your Inquiries And Questions. / "MEGA-EARTHQUAKE:CALIFORNIA At Risk Of SINKING In Devastating Megaquake[VIDEOS]" / Visa To Myanmar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.