Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren (1011 Views)

Mass Resignation Of Software Engineers Disrupts Banks Digitisation Move / Backend Software Engineers, Let's Talk About System Design / How Well-paid Are Software Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by hooge: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2022
Please are software engineers recognized as actual engineers by NSE and Coren
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:19am On Dec 15, 2022
Nope
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Nehyooh(m): 10:21am On Dec 15, 2022
I don't think so
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by xtenav(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2022
I don't think so, but If you are search for a proposal template is over with us! Create the ideal pitch for your future-proof learning facility using the best templates we have curated for you. Find the ideal AV for higher education template at XTEN.AV and customize it to meet your demands.
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by The5DME(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2022
My bad.
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Hannania(m): 11:30am On Dec 15, 2022
The5DME:
Who gives a fûck about those two organizations in Nigeria?
The guys who design structures and it collapses without a COREN registered signatory to their name are in jail pleading for you not to make this comment.

MNCs also take it serious because it's the only metrics for them based on international hire. Where I did my IT, Salary and promotions were made based on those also.

I had My NSE cert for students first in 300l

1 Like

Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Sleekcode: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2022
hooge:
Please are software engineers recognized as actual engineers by NSE and Coren

Be there waiting for recognition.

If u care so much about these types of recognition u should have done an engineering course in school.

1 Like

Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by The5DME(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hannania:
The guys who design structures and it collapses without a COREN registered signatory to their name are in jail pleading for you not to make this comment.

MNCs also take it serious because it's the only metrics for them based on international hire. Where I did my IT, Salary and promotions were made based on those also.

I had My NSE cert for students first in 300l

Oops, my bad. Due to the fact that most engineering grads go in into other fields, I hardly hear the clamour for getting these certs amongst the engineering grads I know. Guess I have to retract my statement.
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Hannania(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
The5DME:

Oops, my bad. Due to the fact that most engineering grads go in into other fields, I hardly hear the clamour for getting these certs amongst the engineering grads I know. Guess I have to retract my statement.
You're right. Majority of engineering folks you see don't really do core engineering jobs that needs accreditation, so it's understandable why many don't even remember a thing like that. But in hardcore firms, it's a must if you want to get to the higher spectrum. But software engineers are not in that category

1 Like

Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2022
Hannania:
You're right. Majority of engineering folks you see don't really do core engineering jobs that needs accreditation, so it's understandable why many don't even remember a thing like that. But in hardcore firms, it's a must if you want to get to the higher spectrum. But software engineers are not in that category

Yeah but hard core engineering for naija don die due to few or no jobs. People with degrees in civil, mechanical and electrical are all pivoting to tech.

2 Likes

Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by LikeAking: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nigerians too dey worry. Wo COREN EPP?
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by romeo411(m): 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
If you have a degree in Software Engineering or Computer Engineering, you have to register with COREN and NSE to be recognized and to be able to practice as a professional. Let's be doing some research before answering people's questions, it is very important.

1 Like

Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Hannania(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but hard core engineering for naija don die due to few or no jobs. People with degrees in civil, mechanical, and electrical are all pivoting to tech.
Jobs are available sha but as you said not as much as in the 80s and 90s. Especially now that every new university has an engineering faculty
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by muhammadhan19: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
Too late, but lemme comment anyway...

Software Engineering is under faculty of science and not Engineering, you can check other universities brochures online for more clerities..

Best bet is to go for computer engineering, then branch to software engineering at masters level chikenan. This way you would be recognize by NSE, COREN and other unmentioned bodies as Engr.🤗🤗
Re: Please Are Software Engineers Recognized As Actual Engineers By NSE And Coren by Maj196(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Weyrey grin

(1) (Reply)

Help ! Sql Defining Relationship Between Tables / My First Basic Sign Up Web Page With Little Of Php / Easy CBT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.