Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? (1359 Views)

Full List Of All The Military Schools In Nigeria And Their Locations / The Many Woes Of Postgraduate Students At The University Of Uyo / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
I'll be 22 by next year, I possess an ND from a reputable polytechnic, and I will be starting the university same year (2023).

But to be honest, I've always had this deep interest to serve in the military. My parents are not aware of it. I don't think anyone aside from me even knows.

The course I'll be studying in the university is medically inclined. ( I gained admission after 5 trials)

Will it be possible to apply for the military while in the university and still serve in the military at the same time? Because I've lost some motivation in studying due to the fact that the course is to be studied for 5 years.

And I think that 5 years is a very long ride for me to just be studying without doing anything sensible with my life.

Mynd44, Olawalebabs, fynestbio

Front page pls if you deem it worthy. (More input is needed)
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Offpointng: 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Miracood2:
Which of the military?

1 Like

Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
Offpointng:

Which of the military?

Land soldiers.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Offpointng: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Miracood2:

Land soldiers.
You'll have to pick one
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
Offpointng:

You'll have to pick one

If I can't, what am I supposed to be doing with that 5 years of my life before I graduate from the university?
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Offpointng: 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
Miracood2:

If I can't, what am I supposed to be doing with that 5 years of my life before I graduate from the university?

Anything but not military
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by illicit(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
Yes

Join IPOB ESN

Millitary na millitary
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Jozilinn: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2022
Please what course are you studying,if it's medical related,or engineering and so forth why don't you stay and finish school...then use your certificate to get higher rank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Truvelisback(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
Miracood2:
I'll be 22 by next year, I possess an ND from a reputable polytechnic, and I will be starting the university same year (2023).

But to be honest, I've always had this deep interest to serve in the military. My parents are not aware of it. I don't think anyone aside from me even knows.

The course I'll be studying in the university is medically inclined. ( I gained admission after 5 trials)

Will it be possible to apply for the military while in the university and still serve in the military at the same time? Because I've lost some motivation in studying due to the fact that the course is to be studied for 5 years.

And I think that 5 years is a very long ride for me to just be studying without doing anything sensible with my life.

Olawalebabs, fynestbio

Front page pls if you deem it worthy. (More input is needed)
Try ur luck now. U have a good advantage because of ur age.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by crackhouse(m): 2:40am On Dec 16, 2022
Yes u can. I had a military friend in my department when I was in school and he is not a part time student but a full time/regular student.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by akwesenana: 3:44am On Dec 16, 2022
I usually don't advise people but because I know you.
It isn't worth it.
I had/have that fantasy too but it simply isn't practicable.

1 Like

Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 16, 2022
Jozilinn:
Please what course are you studying,if it's medical related,or engineering and so forth why don't you stay and finish school...then use your certificate to get higher rank.

I'm yet to start. I just feel like that 5 years I'll be spending in the university should be used to do other things too.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2022
akwesenana:
I usually don't advise people but because I know you.
It isn't worth it.
I had/have that fantasy too but it simply isn't practicable.

Let's see how it goes.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by mecuries(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2022
tell this to your parents/parental figures and watch them look at you in disgust
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by MikeofKd(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2022
Finish your school get a b.sc then apply for dssc direct short service commission in any preferred armed forces of ur choice , since your course is medically inclined you stand high chances of becoming a military officer ,make sure you finish with a good grades too, it would help you a lot.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
smiley
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Mccallistas(m): 6:09am On Apr 28, 2023
Miracood2:
Mccallistas pls can I drop my aza for urgent 2k? I'm in urgent need of money. Thanks.
I can't path with such.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 02, 2023
Happy new month sir Timbs001 I hope you and your family is fine.
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by timbs001(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Miracood2:
Happy new month sir Timbs001 I hope you and your family is fine.

Happy new month to you too. I am good, thanks!
Re: Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
timbs001:

Happy new month to you too. I am good, thanks!

Uwlc 💪

(1) (Reply)

Good Mixed Secondary School In Lagos/ibadan/ijebu / Whats Happening With Unizik And Ansu Admission Ds Year? (matriculation) / Imo State University (evan Enwerem University) Owerri 2010 Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.