Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Northern CAN Tells FG To Ensure Smooth Election Without Bloodbath - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern CAN Tells FG To Ensure Smooth Election Without Bloodbath (182 Views)

I Will Ensure Smooth Tinubu, N’assembly Relationship – Gbajabiamila / Northern CAN Reaffirms Opposition To APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket / President Buhari Meets With Northern CAN Officials (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Northern CAN Tells FG To Ensure Smooth Election Without Bloodbath by CLRF: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 general elections,the Christian Association of Nigeria,CAN in Northern states and the FCT, has said government has a role to play in ensuring smooth electioneering campaign and smooth transition without bloodbath.

Chairman of the Association,Rev Dr Yakubu Pam who spoke at a Prayer Summit organised in Kaduna, said it is equally the responsibility of the government to ensure a level playing field for all the candidates of all the political parties and voters during elections.

Speaking at the occasion, Rev Pam said ” I am convinced that you will agree with me that this Prayer Summit is timely and auspicious as it is taking place barely few months before the 2023 general election. I sincerely welcome all the state CAN officials in the 19 Northern states and FCT as well as the Executive members of the Northern CAN to this strategic prayer summit.”

“The theme of this Prayer Summit as you all know is “Managing Diversity in an Electioneering Process; .The Role of the Religious Leaders”. This theme is apt as it suggests clearly the reason why we are here.”

He said the time when Christians showed apathy to political issues were over. “We are all enjoin to come out enmasse

and participate in the electioneering process of our democracy ,because it is the only way we can produce good leaders of our choice to lead us at different levels.

Christians should come out as never before to vote and be voted for in the forthcoming general election in February, 2023.”

Source
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/northern-can-tells-fg-to-ensure-smooth-election-without-bloodbath/amp/

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubarkar The Odogwu Of Nigeria / Court Orders FG To Provide Ultimate Equal, Full Details Of #4.5 Billion Naira / IGP Usman Alkali Baba Felicitates With President Buhari As He Turns Octogenarian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.