Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency (353 Views)

Naira Redesign: Consider Nigerians’ Suffering, Soludo Tells Buhari / Tinubu Is No Longer One Of The Presidential Front Runners / Expect Heavy Security In Anambra Soon, Soludo Tells Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by Latestnewsline: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2022
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8oBJtGviw

Governor Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra State has described Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as one of the two leading candidates for next year’s presidential election. 

He made the comment at the Governor’s Lodge in Awka, Anambra State on Thursday when Atiku visited him before attending a campaign rally ahead of the polls.

“You are one of the two frontrunners for the presidency of Nigeria,” the former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) said.

Soludo had a few weeks back said there are only two contenders for the presidency and described others as “exciting drama!”

“The brutal truth (and some will say, God forbid) is that there are two persons/parties seriously contesting for president: the rest is exciting drama!” he wrote in a lengthy November article.

While welcoming Atiku to the state, Governor Soludo added that “Nigeria is one great country that, as far as I am concerned, is destined by God to be the largest, most prosperous, and powerful black nation on earth.”
He also said the state is open to receiving all candidates who should sell themselves to the residents of the South-East state.

Anambra should be an open space for all to come and tell the people what they have in stock for them as the 2023 election draw closer, Soludo added.

“Part of what we are asking for is to have a level playing ground for all and that is my own orientation,” he said.

The governor equally appealed to Atiku to address erosion issues in Anambra if he wins next year’s election.

On his part, the former vice president promised to revive industries in the region if elected.

“He (Soludo) said ‘Make sure that you control our erosion because Anambra is the erosion headquarters of the world. Erosion is destroying our farmlands, destroying our houses and everything we have’,” Atiku said.

“This is a very gigantic project. And I promised him I’m going to do that, and you know I have worked with Soludo before, he is a first-class patriotic Nigerian.
“You have an excellent governor. He also appealed to me about the Onisha Port and I said this time around we are going to dredge River Niger and Onisha Port will function.

“We are also going to help Anambra industrialise the state so that the state will create as many jobs for our young men and women.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2022/12/15/youre-one-of-the-two-front-runners-for-presidency-soludo-tells-atiku/amp/%3futm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by liftedud(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2022
Let us show him that ndi Anambra is not for trade and barter

Let us vote good candidates from other party into the state House of Assembly other than APGA

For Idemili South Constituency let's vote Hon. Ubah Darlington Uchechukwu of the People's Redemption Party (PRP)

1 Like

Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by Moh247: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2022
cool

Underrate Atiku and his dollars at your own cost

I saw the cars he deployed in Ibadan and I was shocked

Different campaign branded cars, buses and wagon and Seyi Makinde didn't donate any fund

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by triple996(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2022
grin
Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by OGIBRA(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2022
HIS CHOICE, HIS OPINION, HIS BELIEVE, and it must be respected...
I.O.T
Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by LibertyRep: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2022
Who is the second frontrunner?
The APGA candidate?
Re: Gov.Soludo Tells Atiku- You’re One Of The Two Front-runners For Presidency by festacman(m): 11:09am On Dec 16, 2022
1. The first time Soludo ran for governorship of Anambra State, his fellow party member and the then Pres Jonathan abandoned him to support Peter Obi of APGA. The then Appeal Court Justice Mary Odili was used to frustrate his campaign until Supreme Court intervened and cleared him. I recall Chief Arthur Eze pleading with Jonathan that a "an adopted son" (Peter Obi) can never be like "a biological son" (Soludo). Eventually Soludo lost and Peter Obi won reelection. In return, Peter Obi dumped APGA to join PDP to support Jonathan's 2nd term bid.

2. Soludo and Peter Obi have never shared any political platform or interest. They have always been on opposite sides of the table. In the last Anambra State governorship election, Peter Obi god-fathered and vigorously campaigned for Val Ozigbo against Soludo who was god-fathered by outgoing Gov. Obiano. If Val Ozigbo had won, Soludo wouldn't have been a governor today.

3. The fact is Peter Obi and Soludo are political adversaries. And by the way, Peter Obi is more ruthless and 'dangerous' in political fight because he doesn't talk too much. With Soludo, you where the battle line is and when it was drawn.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Fulani Invasion Of Alaigbo: The Way Forward. / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Suffers Another Gaffe While Speaking With Labour Group / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting, Launches National Monitoring App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.